Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: FAQ : Publish Failed Due To Steam Workshop
 Post Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 2:01 pm 

really frustrating publish failed due to steamworkshopdidpublishactionsucced

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:35 pm 

until the little niggling things in the editor are worked out and fixed by the devs, i have found that whenever i click on the OK button after choosing to publish a map, it goes right ahead and does it regardless of errors or even when seemingly becoming stuck on a certain progress line such as "making file available in workshop" or "taking preview picture" or even giving the dreaded errors that make you think its failed, such as "PublishFailedDueToSteamWorkshop" etc..

the fact of the matter is, when publishing a map in either of the editors, just click the OK button ONE time only, thats all you need to do. i have even noticed that even if you were to click on cancel after clicking OK the process still goes ahead and uploads your map to the workshop.

if anything pops up or it seems like nothing is happening the best thing to do is to just hang on a little while.. dont keep clicking on cancel, then re-publishing.. simply wait it out.. no matter what pops up or seems to happen, after a little while it should say "Publish Successful", then you can check steam and you should see your map uploading by looking at the 'downloads' in steam, bear in mind the bigger your map, the longer it will take to upload, also factor in your internet upload speed.

cooking a map also makes a crash happen after the cooking has finished, you can also just ignore that too, it will still upload, as long as you wait :)

obviously if its taking hours.. then something may have gone wrong somehow, then my advice would be to click on cancel and/or the save the map, exit the editor and then go back in and start again, choosing to publish then the OK button once.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:10 am 

I created an extract version for my Overload map and published. Wanted to test it but did not succed so i changed some and published again. Than I got a weird Workshop message.
So I removed the previous uploaded ex version on SWS but could not publish the extract version. Funny was that the first time I could publish it fine.

This is the error. Now I probably think its to busy so I wait a while and try again. I found a similar post on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=50&t=13347

Post Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:53 am 

As posted earlier. Tried again an hour later and publish was succesfull.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:27 am 

Welcome to SteamCrapShop! :roll:

Post Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:09 pm 

Well I have seen more worse versions of Workshop....

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:52 am 

anyone ever had this one? or know of a fix?

Publish failed due to SteamWorkshopPublishWorkshopFile ""

its happening everytime i try to publish a map, the map gets through the whole process of cooking and seemingly uploading as my internet usage skyrockets.. then right at the end of the publish i get the dreaded message above.. at this point it would usually start to download in my steam client (i would see a blue progress bar in steam showing its uploading) but its like the workshop dont allow it to upload to my steam profile.. i have checked everything like world info and it all seems to be in order :(

EDIT - i honestly dont know what was causing it to happen, but its all of a sudden decided to work now.. crisis averted :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:03 am 

uni-sol wrote:
anyone ever had this one? or know of a fix?

Publish failed due to SteamWorkshopPublishWorkshopFile ""

its happening everytime i try to publish a map, the map gets through the whole process of cooking and seemingly uploading as my internet usage skyrockets.. then right at the end of the publish i get the dreaded message above.. at this point it would usually start to download in my steam client (i would see a blue progress bar in steam showing its uploading) but its like the workshop dont allow it to upload to my steam profile.. i have checked everything like world info and it all seems to be in order :(

EDIT - i honestly dont know what was causing it to happen, but its all of a sudden decided to work now.. crisis averted :lol:

I wish mine would :shock:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:09 am 

yeah i remember it being annoying as hell.. no matter what i seemingly tried, the error still came up right at the end of the whole publish process. i would post up all the things i tried but honestly, i cant remember half of the things.. i changed world info over and over.. renamed, copied, removed everything but the mapfile itself literally anything i could think of :lol:

one thing to check.. look in the directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\America's Army\AAPG\AAGame\CookedPC\UserMadeMaps

look for your map (the one that fails) if its there remove it, then try republishing.

all i can remember is that after messing with a LOT of stuff.. one time.. just as i was about to give up trying, i hit publish and it just worked.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:29 am 

Any idea about steam error 'timeout'? its happening everytime i try to publish a new map; republishing old map works well

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - Support