Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Server Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Server Registration & Auth FAQs
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:24 am 
AACM
AACM

I thought I would start this FAQ now that I have seen a significant number of similar questions asked. I'll add to it as I come across anything of use.

If you want to register your AA: PG server to allow others to play on it and have it show on the server browser you will need to register it with our Auth System. A guide to doing this can be found in our Steam Community Hub

Below are some of the more common Questions asked about registering a server which may help make the process a bit easier for you.

Q. I have filled out the registration form and waited more than 48 hours but have not had a verification email

A. This could be caused by one of two issues. First, check your junk mail. For some reason we get junked a lot and more often than not if you haven't seen the mail that's where it has ended up. Second, your mail service provider may have blocked the mail altogether. If the verification email definitely isn't in your junk mail please email aacm@americasarmy.com with the server IP, Auth Username and Auth Password and we will register it for you.

Q. I have filled out the registration form and it tells me the IP address has already been used in a submission.

A. There are only 2 likely reasons for this. First is that you have already registered the IP, not replied to the registration verification email and are trying to register it again. If this is the case see the Q. above. Second is that you are with a Game Server Provider and they are allocating you an IP that has been previously used by another customer. If this is the case you will need to ask the GSP to provide you with the Auth Details.

Q. I already have an AA3 server registered. Can I use the same Auth details for my AA: PG Server?

A. Yes you can. AA3 and AA: PG use the same Auth system so the Auth credentials are interchangeable. However you cannot run them both at the same time using the same Auth credentials. If you want to run both you would need to register the AA: PG server separately using a different IP address.

Q. I have my server correctly registered but when I try to start it up it tells me "WARNING: MASS did not have valid server mode for non-LAN server"

A. This error means that for whatever reason your Server is not authenticating correctly with our authentication system. Assuming you have correctly registered your IP the issues can be broken down in to two branches. If you are hosting your server on your home network, make sure the MultiHome IP address is the LAN IP of your server and that your firewall is set up correctly. There is a great guide here which will help out.

If your server is hosted with a GSP make sure that A) the correct game port 7778 is being used and B) the correct start up command is being used. If your startup command has ?GLOBAL? in it anywhere it won't work as this is an AA3 command not an AA: PG command. The correct format should look something like this :

server FLO_InnerHospital_EX /GLOBAL /AuthServerUserName=AuthUser /AuthServerPassword=AuthPass /AuthServerIP=ServerIP /STEAMSERVERIP=ServerIP MULTIHOME=ServerIP /NOPAUSE /NOHOMEDIR

Post subject: Re: Server Registration & Auth FAQs
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:38 pm 

GBGangsta wrote:
If your startup command has ?GLOBAL? in it anywhere it won't work as this is an AA3 command not an AA: PG command. The correct format should look something like this :

server FLO_InnerHospital_EX /GLOBAL /AuthServerUserName=AuthUser /AuthServerPassword=AuthPass /AuthServerIP=ServerIP /STEAMSERVERIP=ServerIP MULTIHOME=ServerIP /NOPAUSE /NOHOMEDIR

which is it?

"If your startup command has ?GLOBAL? in it anywhere it won't work" or, "correct format should look something like this :
server FLO_InnerHospital_EX /GLOBAL /AuthServerUserName=AuthUser /AuthServerPassword=AuthPass /AuthServerIP=ServerIP /STEAMSERVERIP=ServerIP MULTIHOME=ServerIP /NOPAUSE /NOHOMEDIR"

first you say make sure GLOBAL isnt anywhere in the command line, then you post a command line example (correct?) with GLOBAL in it.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:12 pm 

@otp`dude,

in his command line he has GLOBAL, that isn't equal to ?GLOBAL?
It can be in the small details friend ;)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:24 pm 

Unreal-Belgium- wrote:
@otp`dude,

thought about that after i posted, my mistake.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:37 pm 
AACM
AACM

Unreal-Belgium- wrote:
@otp`dude,

+1

Previous versions of AA used ?GLOBAL? in the command line and some people have been trying to copy their AA3 command lines and use them with AA:PG.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:40 pm 

Hello i've registered the server on saturday but still no reply after 48h. Yesterday sent an email to aacm@americasarmy.com and the guy said i had to register via the website

dunno what to do

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:48 pm 
AACM
AACM

If you have already registered it then you should check your junk mail for the verification email you should have received and respond to it as the registration cant otherwise proceed.

If you have not got the verification email I will manually register it for you.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:31 pm 

i didnt get any reply(checked junk/spam mail nothing)

edit: where do I send u the server reg details ?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:33 am 

I never received an e-mail. Here's my server info:

IP: 138.128.117.162
Server name: KGB Gaming: Proving Grounds

Post Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:33 am 
AACM
AACM

You need to send an email to aacm@americasarmy.com with IP username and password and I'll take care of it

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Server Support