Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Server Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: how to get pbss to work
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:32 am 

was wondering how to get pbss to work and start collection on our servers /we have 5 hosted servers from our own server. all with different ports obviously. was wondering how to get them to work , and so be in a different location . we host a Ftp server and want them to be able to be put in a folder on our ftp server so people on our website can view them . but if there is easier way id love to hear about it .

Post subject: Re: how to get pbss to work
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:30 pm 

114 views no response so i had to ask around somewhere to get it fixed.
we have 5 servers 4 which our ours and 1 which we host for someone . I have ss working now.

Thing is im tryin get separate server rules for each server but game wants to load pbsvuser and i need to know how to set separate files and so forth for each server to read

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:32 am 
AACM
AACM

Its a niche topic which not many people know much about and its a weekend.

As a first step it would be helpful to know how the 5 servers are set up, file locations etc.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:26 pm 

im trying to figure this all out myself , not doing so good so i will try to type a full detailed report on where files are located and pathes and what im trying to do . hard i work 3rd shift and no time for anything so sorry for the huge delay in responding back .

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:34 am 

Ok i have gotten the SS to work but only in one server .

We have 5 instances ( 5 servers)
http://gyazo.com/c473dc245f154ce96ab4d3a4955e26d4

These are the files we have in C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\PG\pb
http://gyazo.com/0057c85f21a8e4c41881954b7706f1ed

So i am wondering what file does the game/server load first ? Is it the pbsvuser.cfg?

Ive trie many ways and creation of files to try and get each server to have its own settings i even tried creating each server its own unique Punkbuster file like this
http://gyazo.com/7d73f97cac8bf57c3c01835d084cac08
http://gyazo.com/7e73c597b0f021ef58cb2060a5d20873

But nothing is really reading from the file pbsvgame_69.85.104.110_7778.cfg
It seems that our rules , the SS all work if its in the file pbsvuser.cfg the only settings that work in the pbsvgame_69.85.104.110_7778.cfg or pbsvgame_69.85.104.110_7783.cfg so on so forth is just like aci settings , and a few other command lines , if bunkbuster and rules are placed in these files they dont work or run .

This would work if we had all our servers running and wanted all the PBSS to get put into one folder . But we run a few servers for other clans , this is why we need different rules to scroll for each server . And this is why i need to get setup PBSS to there own folder . C:\CIA FTP\PBSS - http://gyazo.com/2599021c1cd7d62dd55fee1658dd9522

Which i already have created but i can only put one command line in the pbsvuser.cfg (pb_sv_SsPath "C:\CIA FTP\PBSS" //[Path where remote screenshots are saved])

So im wondering on what file should i have first that the game reads first and what command lines should go in it to load other files once the game is started so that rules for that server run and ss for that server go to its own location.

If anyone has a clue on what im trying to do the help would be greatly appreciated. If i still get no answers back and everyone is in total aww mode then i will create a Screen video and Talk and explain what im trying to do . maybe if i show and point to what im trying to do it will be little better .

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:10 am 
AACM
AACM

Ok so here is how the Officials are set up.

Each instance has its own game folder in which the root folder is the [Server Name]/AAPG

I then copy the root /AAPG Folder from the original Steam DL in to each of the instance folders.

That way you end up with x number of discrete installs of the game.

Then on the desktop I copy out shortcuts to the AALauncher.exe from each instance and rename according to which instance it belongs to.

When you fire up each launcher you then increment the instance number so they don't get mixed up ie JFK11 Instance 1, JFK12 Instance 2 etc.

Now all your PBs will be separate according to your instances and you can configure the server entirely independent of each other.

Hope that helps.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:02 pm 

i will go ahead and try that , that was my last option just so i could save space but it seems everything i try does not work and starts to screw everything up . but thanks for the fast response and will go ahead and do that ...instead of pulling my hair out trying to figure out another way around it .

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:09 pm 

Thing i was going to ask is how will it work to create 2 punkbuster folders ? this is what i was wondering if i was going to do this . Because none of the pb stuff will run from or work from

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\pb

So if i were to create another game folder to have each server have its own instance and so on , it doesn't run from here it runs from

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\PunkBuster\PG\pb

So just asking how would you explain to make this work?

like what is the point of checking create per server own unique punkbuster file if it dont work? like if you put stuff in that folder it create then you should be able to start that server and have it run that file . so wondering why it dont work like that ?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:15 pm 
AACM
AACM

If you run the instances from separate folders the game will default to look for the PB folder in AAPG/Binaries/Win32

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:50 pm 

Ok so what path are you talking about creating folders ?

Just so i get all this correct before i start doing it .

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Server Support