Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Server Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Server CVAR Scripts
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:48 am 

How can you enforce depth of field (terrible) and not do anything for client shadows.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:36 am 
Veteran
Veteran

Kimchi^ wrote:
I found the picture http://www.imagebam.com/image/60c00b391368651 ... just because he changed resolution of textures. And still I think you can get advantage by tweaking this stuff.. you can see more easily to the bushes enemies are more visible on the map.. i don't mind the public but at matches all should have same conditions...

Umm... this I would be against because it clearly offers you an advantage by seeing into an area that your not supposed to be seeing. If your lowering settings in the ini to gain obvious advantages like this knowing that you could set them a little higher then the setting that produces this effect then you deserve a ban for this.

Edit an ini. I've got no problems with that but at least be reasonably smart about it. If you can't play the game without trying to muster all advantages/glitches like this then go play some other game.

2 ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2
CM 1000w PS
2 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
64GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z Memory
3 Samsung 27" HDMI monitor
Corsair Vengeance M65 Mouse
S.T.R.I.K.E 3 Keyboard

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:12 am 

unfortunately there are people out there who will stop at nothing (short of using 3rd party real cheats) to gain an advantage, i guarantee some will even have a good PC plenty able to run this game on high and still tweak, using 'bad PC' as an excuse to cover up. i suppose thats their choice, just as an admin has his own choices with his server :lol:

i dont get how people actually wonder, and sometimes call out admins when they are strict on their own server settings.. the pro's to adding cvar checks no matter how bizarre or needless, far outweigh the negatives in terms of fairness, theres really no argument or drama needed, in the case of Deltons server, he already said his peace.. he has been running a successful thriving server for as long as i remember, even runs UMM servers too, so if you dont like his server, members or settings on it.. simply dont play it/them :lol:

i dont see why calling him out for anything to do with his own server, will help anyone, it looks to me he was only trying to help and ended up on the receiving end of being branded a badmin (in so many words)..

its not very nice guys, especially considering he runs one of the most played servers on AAPG, which might i add.. is a good place to play.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:38 am 

uni-sol wrote:
which might i add.. is a good place to play.

If you have strong hardware, yes.

And answer to the rest of your post and previous one. I am a person, who is very ethical every day, in normal life or this virtual one. I don't need any adventage, I just want to play normal this game like I used to play BF3 on the same laptop. It's not drama about one server. It is try to begin global discussion about useless restrictions, where the normal people are victims just because of lower hardware.

Author wanted CVARS. This is ok. But he shouldn use normal, smart restrictions. I pointed it before- sound, double actions restrictions. No Lens Flares, Depth of field, Bloom, another. It gives you nothing when you set it to False. But it tooks away much frames, and makes the same game unplayable on much servers.

Probably you won't understand it, because you paid whole your salary on i7 @ 4.0 ghz, GTX graphic with 4gb and 64 gb of ram. It's not the only way to enjoy the game without smoothness.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:41 am 

uni-sol wrote:
unfortunately there are people out there who will stop at nothing (short of using 3rd party real cheats) to gain an advantage, i guarantee some will even have a good PC plenty able to run this game on high and still tweak, using 'bad PC' as an excuse to cover up. i suppose thats their choice, just as an admin has his own choices with his server :lol:

i dont get how people actually wonder, and sometimes call out admins when they are strict on their own server settings.. the pro's to adding cvar checks no matter how bizarre or needless, far outweigh the negatives in terms of fairness, theres really no argument or drama needed, in the case of Deltons server, he already said his peace.. he has been running a successful thriving server for as long as i remember, even runs UMM servers too, so if you dont like his server, members or settings on it.. simply dont play it/them :lol:

i dont see why calling him out for anything to do with his own server, will help anyone, it looks to me he was only trying to help and ended up on the receiving end of being branded a badmin (in so many words)..

its not very nice guys, especially considering he runs one of the most played servers on AAPG, which might i add.. is a good place to play.

Thank you uni-sol.
We are only trying to do our best to keep the game as fair as possible not just for old AA3/AA2 and AAPG players
but also for the new players that come into the game.
With all the tweaking some experienced players do these days I personally find it totally unfair for the newcomers to the game..

My Maps
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... shopfiles/

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:47 am 

-SD-DELTON wrote:
uni-sol wrote:

Thank you uni-sol.
We are only trying to do our best to keep the game as fair as possible not just for old AA3/AA2 and AAPG players
but also for the new players that come into the game.
With all the tweaking some experienced players do these days I personally find it totally unfair for the newcomers to the game..

Nothing personal, but... you knoe nothing sbout being server admin. You know nothing about tweaks.

Like I said. Later i will post some screens here. And you will have to tell me what do I get because of it. If you will not, you know nothing. You will have a chance to prove your knowledge.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:53 am 

uni-sol wrote:

Everything you're saying is misguided or wrong. Bad CVAR checks are bad. Explain how, for example, CVAR checks for max FPS limit have positives that outweigh negatives.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions." It doesn't make his checks any more useful, correct, or in any way good for the game. Stop defending spreading bad ideas.

Seriously, you're not helping anybody here and spreading ideas that are 100% wrong yourself now.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:55 am 

I see now why your so angry and so much against our checks..
[02.06.2015 13:32:34] |7860| VIOLATION (CVAR) #9001: czajnik_elektryczny (slot #8) Cvar SystemSettings LensFlares ..\..\Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini = FALSE [00000000000000076561198010798020(VALID) 89.69.97.106:54217]

My Maps
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... shopfiles/

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:00 pm 

Im not angry. Great you posted it here. Now tell me which adventage I can get by this setting. Tell me, prove it. People are watching. Show your knowledge. It's your time!

Here we go, it's going to your first fail. Another incoming later.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:10 pm 

i really should be careful as to not set myself on fire here.. sorry BCPull :| i dont mean to spread any wrongs.

Delton, new players are the least worry, they generally will join blindly presumably knowing beforehand if their comp can run the game well enough, by checking the specs or noticing ther comp dont cut the bacon after installing it.. i actually dont think the tweaking infection sets in until someone contagious passes it to them, be it either ingame or here.

luckily enough though, some people are immune to the disease and can game happily enough, on the default 'ingame' settings :mrgreen:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Server Support