Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Server Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Server CVAR Scripts
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:46 am 

I actually don't have problem with any cvar check ..only thing what I use is more fps coz I got 144hz screen and I like smooth games that's why I payed for that screen but if I go to server where is cvar on FPS i just put 90 at option not big deal...

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:51 am 

Kimchi^ wrote:
I actually don't have problem with any cvar check ..only thing what I use is more fps coz I got 144hz screen and I like smooth games that's why I payed for that screen but if I go to server where is cvar on FPS i just put 90 at option not big deal...

Of course I don't think about you, just saying. Some people has lower PCs, or even laptops like me, additionally engine is not optimized well for now. That 20 fps which I gain after tweak lets me play normally.

Personally I don't care about visual effects. If I do, I would prefer to watch some Blueray movie. Game must work smooth even without spending money for hardware- and this is possible because of tweaks. But there are nerds who doesn't understand it, then they implement stupid rules.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:25 am 

Well if DEVs would put more graphical option in VIDEO settings all would be solved well almost all... these admins will ban people anyway :) Actually I've seen screenshot when someone set low resolution of textures and he could see in basement in intercept... also this guy posted his "kill" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjQg6y_Av0

but his game is so bright and what are the squares on ground ? .. and it's just 5s video.. how his game looks like in buildings etc. Hard to say where is the line with tweaks...

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:36 am 

They can do whatever they want on their server.True so far, my problem is how these guys are celebrating their kickbans.
Like they did something good, thinking they "stopped a [TOS Violation]".....If you read something like "we do not allow any changes in the .ini files, if you do so you'll get PUNISHED" like SD is stating in their cvarsection on the website,you will know exactly what mindset this guys have.

They do because they can, not because it makes any sense.

Games don't create violence, CVARS does!

Last edited by Flatlander on Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:37 am 

They can not put all of the graphical settings into game menu. Look at, for example, Battlefield case. There is an tool called BF optimizer. It's external application which let you to set your graphical settings however you wish, without opening .ini files by yourself. If I remember correctly, someone on this forum already said it will not be implemented as additional graphical options to game menu or external application.

Well, I have squares on my ground as well. Depends on MinLOD, MaxLOD and LOD Bias settings. I posted it in another topic here in past:

Quote:
[Engine.Engine]

MaxProcBuildingLODColorTextureSize=32
MaxProcBuildingLODLightingTextureSize=32

[SystemSettings]

StaticDecals=False
DynamicDecals=False
UnbatchedDecals=False

DepthOfField=False

FogVolumes=False

TEXTUREGROUP_World=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32LODBias=2,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=2,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=2,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Character=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=99,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=99,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=99,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=99,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=99,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32LODBias=99,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=99,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=99,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=99,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Cinematic=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=50,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Effects=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=32,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_EffectsNotFiltered=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=9,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=99,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_UI=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=50,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Lightmap=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=8,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Shadowmap=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=50,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,NumStreamedMips=3,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=60,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_MobileFlattened=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_Face=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=8,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_LightMap=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=8,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Heightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Weightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=512,LODBias=1,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_ImageBasedReflection=(MinLODSize=32MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=90,MinMagFilter=Point,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_Blur5)
TEXTUREGROUP_Bokeh=(MinLODSize=32,MaxLODSize=32,LODBias=90,MinMagFilter=Linear,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

Source: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=15301

Set MinLOD and MaxLOD to 1, except "TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Heightmap" and "TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Weightmap" (that values MIN and MAX at 8) and voila. LODBias values at 0.

It was able to do even by using AA Optimizer tool, released by (if I remember good) Kenny in earlier AA:PG times, but it died.

You can't do magic thing in ini. my friend Kimchi. Walls will not dissapear. It's myth created by people who, again, has no knowledge.

And once again- why the CVARS are not set to eliminate ambient sound tweaks or double actions (crouching, spotting, holding breath) - things which gives adventage in gameplay- but it blocks useless graphical settings, making frames lower?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:44 am 

"They" also say : We do not recommend using AAoptmizer since it change the .ini files too.

:D

Games don't create violence, CVARS does!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:58 am 

I found the picture http://www.imagebam.com/image/60c00b391368651 ... just because he changed resolution of textures. And still I think you can get advantage by tweaking this stuff.. you can see more easily to the bushes enemies are more visible on the map.. i don't mind the public but at matches all should have same conditions...

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:11 am 

You point this. I will point shadows through the walls and floors.

Black textures on terrain are made by value below 8 in Min LOD under Terrain Height and Terrain Weight. Should be set to minimum at 8.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:18 am 

1xti3xdi wrote:

Black textures on terrain are made by value below 8 in Min LOD under Terrain Height and Terrain Weight. Should be set to minimum at 8.

shadows can be disabled on the server... so no problem with that.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:21 am 

Kimchi^ wrote:
1xti3xdi wrote:

shadows can be disabled on the server... so no problem with that.

Yes, it can be disabled. But I will not go further with this, according to situation in AA2 where shadows were disabled in the server but still visible because of graphic card settings. I won't say about it in this game, because I don't know it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Server Support