Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Server Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Server Initialization Failure
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:39 pm 

I'm trying to setup a dedicated server on our Windows Server 2008 SP1 x64 dual Xeon server and am getting the following error:
Code:
Server Initialization Failure

Game Server Steam Initialization failed Steam Game Server Init internal failure.. Check SteamWrapperServer.log in your "My Documents\America's Army\Logs" folder for details.

Then the program crashes with the following message:
Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   AAGame.exe
  Application Version:   0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   5526a28a
  Fault Module Name:   KERNEL32.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.0.6001.18631
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4da468b0
  Exception Code:   00000001
  Exception Offset:   0001ed5b
  OS Version:   6.0.6001.2.1.0.274.10
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   fd00
  Additional Information 2:   ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
  Additional Information 3:   fd00
  Additional Information 4:   ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Read our privacy statement:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

My commandline is (X's added for privacy):
Code:
"c:\AAPG\Binaries\win32\aagame.exe" Server BDX_Breach_EX /AuthServerUserName=XXXXX /AuthServerPassword=XXXXX /Global /MaxPlayers=8 /AuthServerIP=XXXXX /AuthServerGamePort=7793 /SteamServerIP=XXXXX /Multihome=XXXXX /Port=7793 /QueryPort=7794 /Log=Gameserver.log /NoHomeDir /Unattended /NoPause /ConfigSubDir=AAHostAServerConfig0

The original message said to consult SteamWrapperServer.log but I didn't see anything that indicates the issue, then again I don't really know what I'm looking at. I've uploaded the log file at https://justpaste.it/kkg9. If anyone could help make sense of this I'd really appreciate it.

Post subject: Re: Server Initialization Failure
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:53 pm 
Volunteer Community Manager

As far as I know, you can't run it on that port. Not sure if /Port and /Query Port are even supported.

Must use 8777

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=8889

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:04 pm 

I'm trying to set this up for our GSP. The issue I see is that being locked to one port there is no way to run more than one game server from the same physical machine without using virtual machines/networks. Am I overlooking something that would allow you to run more than one on the same physical machine? Also, what if you already have another server using those ports?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:19 pm 

MW-THNHG wrote:
I'm trying to set this up for our GSP. The issue I see is that being locked to one port there is no way to run more than one game server from the same physical machine without using virtual machines/networks. Am I overlooking something that would allow you to run more than one on the same physical machine? Also, what if you already have another server using those ports?

It's one server per IP, each server needs it's own game folder. You can run more than one server per machine.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:46 am 

m_hermann wrote:
It's one server per IP, each server needs it's own game folder. You can run more than one server per machine.

Thank you for the reply but I'm still confused on the specifics. I realize each game server requires a separate folder. My concern is even if I assign a block of IPs to this physical machine and set each game server up on a separate IP if they are using the same port won't it still create port conflicts in Windows and cause the game servers to fail? I'll try testing the game server on a new IP with default ports but I'm pretty sure it will cause port conflicts with the other UDK based servers running in that port range.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:09 pm 

Ok, so I wasn't aware that the port will bind only to that IP. The server still starts with the first message but doesn't crash now. I'm still unable to see the server in the browser and get this message repeated every 30 seconds in the console:
Code:
[Time] Log: WARNING: Failure updating steam game server status: Steam not initialized.

I also get this repeated in the SteamWrapperServer.IPADDRESS:PORT.log (also of interest is that even though I specified a specific IP the log file indicates the server's primary IP which is different, not sure if this is a problem or not):
Code:
Fri Apr 17 16:59:59 2015 - Master Server Update function not loaded.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:25 pm 

MW-THNHG wrote:
m_hermann wrote:

Thank you for the reply but I'm still confused on the specifics. I realize each game server requires a separate folder. My concern is even if I assign a block of IPs to this physical machine and set each game server up on a separate IP if they are using the same port won't it still create port conflicts in Windows and cause the game servers to fail? I'll try testing the game server on a new IP with default ports but I'm pretty sure it will cause port conflicts with the other UDK based servers running in that port range.

Separate IPs usually means multiple network adapters, in which case Windows would have no problems telling them apart.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:28 pm 

Not sure what you mean by IP of log not matching the network adapter.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:57 am 

m_hermann wrote:
Separate IPs usually means multiple network adapters, in which case Windows would have no problems telling them apart.

We have multiple IPs assigned to a single network adapter. There are only two NICs in the server so even if we utilized both we would still be limited to two IPs/game servers. I have however just discovered that TCAdmin does virtual servers which should address this issue. I'm looking into this and hope it will resolve my issues.

m_hermann wrote:
Not sure what you mean by IP of log not matching the network adapter.

As mentioned, there are multiple IPs assigned to the same server on a single NIC. Even though the command line specifies the use of a secondary IP (216.86.xxx.xxx) the log filename indicates the master IP (208.100.xxx.xxx). I'm not sure if this indicates a problem or not.

One thing I have noticed is that when I use the exact same game folder files and commandline (with IP changed) on my Win 7 workstation the game server console fires right up without the Steam Init error message. I've not yet tested whether it is joinable yet but it's one step further than the Win 2008 server is getting. Is there a dependancy for dedicated servers that might be missing? I've tried starting it with and without the Steam client running in the background with no difference.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Server Support