Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Game Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Keep losing my rank
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:42 pm 

I keep losing my rank. I've been close to rank 6 3times now and it keeps resetting me back to 4. WHY?

Post subject: Re: Keep losing my rank
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:50 pm 

what server?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:32 am 

I only play on AA Official servers at this time.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:33 am 
Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Are you leaving the launcher running?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:23 pm 

Joatm0n wrote: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:21 pm
You Devs have been saying for the last six months you are looking into this, but have yet figured out what the problem is. Since the full version is due out soon, looks like the problem will be with the full release correct?

[Dev]PhilBax wrote: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:31 am
That's a fair question. Here's what's been going on behind-the-scenes with this issue:

Several months ago, when we first heard of issues with stats not being reported, the dev that wrote the back-end code looked into it for many weeks, but was unable to track down the source of the problem.

Late last year, another dev and I took over ownership of the back-end code that communicates with the database. This was a brand new area for us, it was written very differently from the code we're usually in, we still had work to do in our own areas of expertise, and we had Christmas break right around then... so it took us a little bit of time to wrap our heads around the way the system worked.

Around late January, I started to look into the dropped stats problem. I worked with GBGangsta to get some logs from the servers where it had been reported, and we found the general source of the issue. I had him turn on some extra debug logging to try and narrow things down further, but this required restarting the servers... which temporarily "fixed" the problem. So we waited for the issue to manifest again.

We now know that the queue for sending player stats to the database is getting completely filled up (which should never happen) so new player stats are just being dropped. I'm really hoping to have this problem tracked down and fixed in a matter of a weeks (just given the time it takes for the issue to re-appear when we restart servers).

This is, of course, a high priority issue for us, and we plan to get it nipped in the bud before the full release.

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=16732&start=10

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Game Support