Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Game Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Changing the HUD
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:23 pm 

Hi I am looking for someone to help answer my question and hopefully a solution to a personal issue I am having with the current HUD placement.
I know that someone has altered the HUD to appear smaller or placed differently.
I generally do not use the HUD apart from the Activity Feed but I want to move it in a different position.
Currently it will show on the top right of the screen but I want to move it to the near center of the screen to the right or left of the weapon.
Often when I am waiting while using my sights and have to look in the top corner of the screen what's happening I lose focus of what's in front, this leaves an opportunity for the enemy to attack me and I have been neutralized because I react to late or did not see the enemy.
With this positioning I can still look down my sights and be able to see the activity feed without missing that quick peek.
Is this at all possible and if so how?

Post subject: Re: Changing the HUD
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:20 am 

i believe JaK is the man for this one. i know for fact this kind of thing has come up in the past, where people have moved HUD elements, i have searched for it and im drawing blanks.

sadly, i aint seen him around since before Christmas.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:48 pm 

JaK is man to talk to. I too haven't seen him around in a while. I hope he is okay. Here's what his HUD looks like...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =233257482

Also know that when you turn off the HUD you get better performance and it helps to eliminate the "stutter effect" when someone shoots at you and you can't seem to land bullets on him.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:21 pm 

Copied this from an earlier post, don't have AAUI on my phone but this is what you want to do :). You'll want to find the activity feed UI component, but I don't know its name offhand.

You can change the positions by editing your AAUI.ini config. You'll want to change the "Bottom" and "Right" (or "Left") values until it ends up where you want it.

Code:
[AAGame.AAUIComponent_PlayerInfo]
ComponentAnchor=(bAnchorLeft=false,bAnchorRight=true,bAnchorTop=false,bAnchorBottom=true,Bottom=0.01,Right=0.01,bIgnoreVerticalBounds=true,bIgnoreHorizontalBounds=true)

[AAGame.AAUIComponent_Radar]
ComponentAnchor=(bAnchorTop=false,bAnchorLeft=true,bAnchorBottom=true,Bottom=0.02,Left=0.01,bIgnoreVerticalBounds=true,bIgnoreHorizontalBounds=true)

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:02 pm 

Last time JaK was online ACI and here was Dec. 26. He was on Steam 108 days ago.

do positive actions
and the positive grows.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:19 pm 

BCPull wrote:
Copied this from an earlier post, don't have AAUI on my phone but this is what you want to do :). You'll want to find the activity feed UI component, but I don't know its name offhand.

You can change the positions by editing your AAUI.ini config. You'll want to change the "Bottom" and "Right" (or "Left") values until it ends up where you want it.

Code:
ComponentAnchor=(bAnchorLeft=false,bAnchorRight=true,bAnchorTop=false,bAnchorBottom=true,Bottom=0.01,Right=0.01,bIgnoreVerticalBounds=true,bIgnoreHorizontalBounds=true)

ComponentAnchor=(bAnchorTop=false,bAnchorLeft=true,bAnchorBottom=true,Bottom=0.02,Left=0.01,bIgnoreVerticalBounds=true,bIgnoreHorizontalBounds=true)

Going to tinker with it and hopefully I will get it exactly how I want it but as I read your post I have a pretty good feeling about it.
Thank you so very much!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:01 pm 

BCPull wrote:

Code:

You can change any of the HUD wherever you want
For those who want to move the Activity Feed this is the line
[AAGame.AAUIComponent_ScoreNotification]
ComponentAnchor=(bAnchorLeft=false,bAnchorRight=true,Right=0.0125f,Top=0.0125f)
I have made a screenshot how I have it currently, not done putting it where I want yet but it gives an idea http://postimg.org/image/umx1s20ff/full/
Thank you again, that was really helpful sir

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:14 pm 

Made a test video so you can see it
This is the current setup
[AAGame.AAUIComponent_ScoreNotification]
ComponentAnchor=(bAnchorLeft=false,bAnchorRight=true,Right=0.61f,Top=0.30f)

Last edited by Sonfour on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:32 pm 

-Nero- wrote:
Last time JaK was online ACI and here was Dec. 26. He was on Steam 108 days ago.

Maybe your friend finally found that special guy or maybe even a girl.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:23 pm 

TheBadaBing! wrote:
-Nero- wrote:

Maybe your friend finally found that special guy or maybe even a girl.

Doc hasn't been around often either...

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Game Support