Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Game Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Video Lag, very low FPS
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:50 pm 

Hello everyone! I played this game quite a bit back in the day (35k+ kills) and wanted to stumble back into and check it out. This game had an amazing community back then!

I am having some trouble with performance right now and I just wanted to see what you guys might think: maybe there is something I am missing. I know it is relatively old but it still plays games like World of Tanks, Rift and various others really well. I have the operating stripped down where it runs on just 500MB of ram but I am still experiencing issues. Here are my specs....

Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel Core i5 M480 @ 2.67GHz
4.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 435M (2GB DDR3)

I have tried minimizing the graphics and playing at the lowest resolution and even in windowed mode and I am still experiencing, at best, 15 FPS.

Any advice or input would be most appreciated; even if it is "Not gonna happen on that system!" lol

Post subject: Re: Video Lag, very low FPS
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:29 am 

Hate to say it but...."Not gonna happen on that system!":)

One thing you could try, is to make sure your integrated Intel® HD Graphics, is disabled in your bios.
Sometimes, "this game in particular", will launch using the integrated graphics, instead of the dedicated card.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:08 am 

It absolutely can happen on that machine, though it won't be pretty. Search the forums for "jking" and you should find some ini tweaks he posted that can have major impacts on performance, specifically on older systems like yours.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:54 pm 

I picked up an EVGA nVidia GTX 750ti SC for my old AMD Athlon X2 64 last year. The 750ti is a little over $100. I was able to run at 1080p with most high settings and 4X AA and got a respectable 45-60 FPS on most 12v12 maps. 6v6 maps were pretty steady at 60. Minecraft is at 75 FPS and Warthunder is at 75-100 FPS.

I used to have an nVidia 8600GT and got 25-30 FPS at 800x600 (all low settings) with AAPG.

The 750ti sc is a great upgrade for the price. You may have to go my route and get a new graphics card.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:10 pm 

the "m" in 435m is the mobile line of gpu's from nvidia. I'm presuming he is on a laptop and upgrades aren't possible.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:19 pm 

{NWO}Hawk wrote:
One thing you could try, is to make sure your integrated Intel® HD Graphics, is disabled in your bios.
Sometimes, "this game in particular", will launch using the integrated graphics, instead of the dedicated card.

this, check to see if the game is using the intel chip rather than the GPU, if so.. disable that crud.

but even so.. its not the best im afraid. laptops in general are not really suited for gaming, unless you get one that actually champions gaming. even then you could argue a desktop trumps it, simply because of upgradeabilty and things like that.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:39 pm 

uni-sol wrote:
..even then you could argue a desktop trumps it, simply because of upgradeabilty and things like that.

There are upgradeable laptops... ;)

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:03 pm 

.. i still wouldn't have one for gaming, i like my man tower.. at least i will when i finally go and get the bits to give it a new lease of life :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:12 pm 

Thanks for all the replies! I actually used the Nvidia Control Center and made it force the default to be my video card. I went into the game and was hitting a very smooth 40-60FPS. However, that only lasted for about 30 seconds and it went back down. I'm not sure what happened there but I have not been able to get back to the high FPS that I initially saw once I ensured it wasn't launching off the integrated graphics..... I'll try some more of those ini tweaks. I have a couple running right now so hopefully a few more will help me maintain 40+fps.

Thanks again guys! This laptop was amazing when I bought it about 5 or 6 years ago (Dell L701X) but I have not come around to replacing it yet. We have been through so much!!!!

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm 

Oh, my! Is that pA kero? Haven't seen you in years. When you played, I was aud!noOfy. I remember we used to hate playing vs you. lol!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Game Support