Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Game Support

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Multi GPU Support - Nvidia Cards
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:29 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Duwayne wrote:
pops2zulu_n_phoenix wrote:
I'm assuming that until Nvidia releases a proper profile for AA:PG it won't utilize SLI correctly?

With my setup there is a huge utilization variance between the three cards.

i would start with sli compatibility bits 0x02400005, this is for most ue3 games. i had SLI working 100% with my SLI 560 ti setup, trying to see if i posted about it. or remember what i used.

After that, try 0x02402005, then 0x03402005

I'm pretending to know what you're talking about.

(truth is....I'm clueless)

{F U B A R} Widget

Once a Marine, Always a Marine

Post Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:38 pm 

Duwayne wrote:
I'm assuming that until Nvidia releases a proper profile for AA:PG it won't utilize SLI correctly?

With my setup there is a huge utilization variance between the three cards.

i would start with sli compatibility bits 0x02400005, this is for most ue3 games. i had SLI working 100% with my SLI 560 ti setup, trying to see if i posted about it. or remember what i used.

After that, try 0x02402005, then 0x03402005

I'm pretending to know what you're talking about.

(truth is....I'm clueless)

Download nvidia inspector
http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/nvi ... nload.html

Open nvidia control panel, 3d settings, applications, add americas army game to that list. change something silly. save it. change it back, save again.

open nviida inspector. click the little tool icon.

uptop there is a home button, click the down arrow. choose aagame.exe.

there is sli compat bits. add the number i said. hit save. try the game. repeat per sli bits.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:30 am 

=IK=Doba= wrote:
Keebler_750 wrote:
I just got over 160 fps with a GTX780 and a 144hz Asus monitor with the highest video settings in HD because of this thread.

Smooth!!

you on Intel?

Ive got AMD and the 780sc with the same asus monitor. I capped the FPS at 150 and on the better optimized maps I have it pretty constant, but on some maps I still see the frames fall as low as mid 90's ..

I would love to see all maps get optimized better

Ya. I have an i5-4670 water-cooled @ 4.4 and 2133mhz RAM. The card is evga 780SC.

Honestly, it runs so well I haven't bothered to optimize.

Oh, and....yes bLAZYY, I built it myself right here at the home with money from selling hub caps out by the road. They wheel me out there every morning bright and early.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:34 am 

nice setup.. the difference obviously being the CPU and by the charts posted my AMD doesnt even compare as I thought it might... I am curious though what your min FPS is? Although we can both hit high frames I imagine your min is higher and more stable than mine

Post Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:02 am 

=IK=Doba= wrote:
nice setup.. the difference obviously being the CPU and by the charts posted my AMD doesnt even compare as I thought it might... I am curious though what your min FPS is? Although we can both hit high frames I imagine your min is higher and more stable than mine

What's best to test for Min? Smoke/particles or lighting/shading/surfaces? What map is a good test?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:38 pm 

Keebler_750 wrote:
=IK=Doba= wrote:

What's best to test for Min? Smoke/particles or lighting/shading/surfaces? What map is a good test?

The way i do it is to uncap the fps totally, select an empty server/run a lan server.
Join it, and basically run from spawn to spawn via "fixed" routes including both outdoor and indoor environments.

The reason i do it on an empty server is that that way i can sort of replicate it in a sort of controlled environment if i see some issues.

Playing the game with several others wont give you the opportunity to compare numbers, if thats important.

Oh, and its FRAPS benchmark capability that is used for this.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:32 pm 
Developer
Developer

Keebler_750 wrote:
=IK=Doba= wrote:

Throw 4 smoke grenades in Red Line and run into the middle of the smoke...

Post Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:45 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG Game Support