Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: HARDCORE MODE CHANGES (Will become popular if u change i
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:40 pm 

EKCommander wrote:
Quote:
Things that fall into this category and should be removed in HC mode
Radar - To me this doesn't make a difference, but I'm indifferent to it staying or going

Ammo - See no reason to remove it. I get that one would never know realistically. However, for gameplay purposes I'd rather it be there

crosshair - I've been hearing people talk about taking out crosshairs in FPS games since the early days of counter-strike. It never works because someone can just put tape or string or whatever else on their monitor and have an advantage that is impossible to detect

some spectating modes - I'm a fan of first person view only. Some people say this makes them get motion sickness. Maybe the old 3rd person view is also viable.
grenade timer - Agreed

enemy spotting - I'm fine with the classic spotting near the end of AA2 that was just a free spot. Not bound to any enemy, you can spot at the wall if you'd like.

See bolded

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:11 pm 

commiek wrote:
Go ahead and take away the crosshair. I will just tape a dot to my screen. :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:00 pm 

except!on wrote:
commiek wrote:
Go ahead and take away the crosshair. I will just tape a dot to my screen. :lol:

Pretty much the only reason we have to keep them on.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:04 am 

iColts wrote:
1. Set revives to 0 no revives in hardcore mode
2. Put death messages on
3. Until you fix how friendlys/enemys look so similar put on name tags for just friendlys!
4. Remove killing yourself if you teamkill (Mistakes happen...I've killed myself in a tournament match too many times...resulting in a loss for my team...One time i was shooting an enemy then smoke appeared and I kept shooting and didnt realize enemy was already dead and my teammate hit some of my fire he didnt even die but I killed myself from the dmg i did to him.)
5. no grenade timer
6. no body spectating

Crosshair back on or off I am unsure about this I think its something that needs to be voted by the people that want a no revive gamemode type.

Any disagreements from my no revive for hardcore mode players out there let me know anything to add/remove to the list let me know.

We deserve to have a game mode with no revives...After all it is hardcore wouldn't that mean more realism, therefore no revives?.

DEVs please listen to this and make these changes hardcore mode will get populated once the word gets out there that hardcore mode is now no revives I am sure alot of players will come back or even try the game out if you implent this list of things.

I dont know if any of closed beta players remember the No revive official servers in the closed beta but they got populated and stayed populated and were only up for a few days then gone...Yes u have server side setting for no revives...but u do not have an official server setup to no revives. Official servers are more popular than Team/player servers.

If you wanna test my theory set a official server to these settings and watch what happens.

+1 but I personally would like to entertain the option for revive in tournament mode, if one is created. While the revive system can be abused in certain ways, it also adds a certain new element that I enjoy. Just a matter of finding the proper balance. It's still beta so IMO its too early to tell if it should remain in the final product. This is coming from an old school aa2 perspective..

Shout out to team Hpnotiq!! lol

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:07 am 

unnistall the game - thats hardcore.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:29 am 

Never read this topic .looks like old but gold category.In AA2 the sniper didn't have a dot in hip fire mode so we used permanent markers to make a dot on the middle of the monitor.

And this is how ASUS went around the problem.

http://www.asus.com/microsite/2013/lcd/ ... s/fast.htm

ASUS VG Gaming Series monitors feature the GamePlus hotkey with crosshair overlay and timer functions. Select from four different crosshairs to suit your gaming environment, and keep track of spawn and build times with the on-screen timer.

Image Image

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:29 am 

iColts wrote:
1. Set revives to 0 no revives in hardcore mode
2. Put death messages on
3. Until you fix how friendlys/enemys look so similar put on name tags for just friendlys!
4. Remove killing yourself if you teamkill (Mistakes happen...I've killed myself in a tournament match too many times...resulting in a loss for my team...One time i was shooting an enemy then smoke appeared and I kept shooting and didnt realize enemy was already dead and my teammate hit some of my fire he didnt even die but I killed myself from the dmg i did to him.)
5. no grenade timer
6. no body spectating

Crosshair back on or off I am unsure about this I think its something that needs to be voted by the people that want a no revive gamemode type.

Any disagreements from my no revive for hardcore mode players out there let me know anything to add/remove to the list let me know.

We deserve to have a game mode with no revives...After all it is hardcore wouldn't that mean more realism, therefore no revives?

Agreed, we need a 0 revive mode.

Crosshair can be enabled for me.

Apparently there's people who want to keep the current hardcore mode so just make a new mode and call it classic or something. Should be easy enough to do.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:19 pm 

Right now I play with zero HUD besides the crosshair and the kill-feed. Keeps my FPS from getting all weird, and it's really not that bad. Besides having to constantly ask my teammates how much time is left, or how much health I have. :D

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:51 pm 

I just have 1 question. Little off topic but seeing server settings are being discussed. Why don't admins have access to configure how they wish to play themselves? ie nade timer on/off, activity feed on/off, etc. Seems the issue is not so much hardcore but the gap between SC and HC. Just curious.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:55 pm 
AACM
AACM

snom wrote:
I just have 1 question. Little off topic but seeing server settings are being discussed. Why don't admins have access to configure how they wish to play themselves? ie nade timer on/off, activity feed on/off, etc. Seems the issue is not so much hardcore but the gap between SC and HC. Just curious.

Server admins can change most of the settings themselves, certainly most that are generally discussed when it comes to HC.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion