Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: HARDCORE MODE CHANGES (Will become popular if u change i
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:47 pm 

=WMW=JaK wrote:
US Army compared to Iraqi National Police.

Well then, US Soldiers just need to be big massive dudes and everyone else smaller :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:53 pm 

You heard the man Devs. Add a .4 size increase to the friendly character models. :lol:

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:54 pm 

uni-sol wrote:
take the backstory into account, maybe even AA3 here..

were doing this 'proving ground' training to counter the enemy threat right? however the enemys in AA3 dont look like the ones were fighting against here, yet were still following the same story, the same enemies.. you would imagine that the Army would likely choose a very similar style and color camo as their threat wears to better help them in their training.

it makes absolutely no sense that they dont actually look like the AA3 czvernians, or at least be very close.

Good point

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:04 pm 

Its not as hard as you guys are making it. Stop arguing semantics.

If you want hardcore more popular there needs to be more distinction between friend and foe. Those pictures that were posted all look "similar" BUT they aren't the same and there are actually a few DISTINCT DIFFERENCE between them. They aren't different shades of the same gear. Its not hard.

As it is hardcore is not ready for competition. How are you not going to have a health meter and player count? what a joke. thats not realism thats just annoying an unnecessary. AND introduces unrealistic ideas about teamplay. As previously stated, can you imagine 6 (forget about 12) people all talking at the same time trying to figuere out which guys are opfors. Annoying.

To sum it up. Reduce unecessary chatter and unrealistic ideas of teamplay by making the opfors look more distinct and don't make me guess what my health is and how many guys are left.

12 v 12 hardcore on a map like three kings will be a mess, if played the way Garsup would have or anyone who supports the complete minimalist hud. Common sense guys.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:25 pm 

Whatever happens, we must make sure that it is the best for the community.

The last thing we want is to split up this already small game.

2known2stronK

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:35 pm 

EKCommander wrote:
Its not as hard as you guys are making it. Stop arguing semantics.

If you want hardcore more popular there needs to be more distinction between friend and foe. Those pictures that were posted all look "similar" BUT they aren't the same and there are actually a few DISTINCT DIFFERENCE between them. They aren't different shades of the same gear. Its not hard.

As it is hardcore is not ready for competition. How are you not going to have a health meter and player count? what a joke. thats not realism thats just annoying an unnecessary. AND introduces unrealistic ideas about teamplay. As previously stated, can you imagine 6 (forget about 12) people all talking at the same time trying to figuere out which guys are opfors. Annoying.

To sum it up. Reduce unecessary chatter and unrealistic ideas of teamplay by making the opfors look more distinct and don't make me guess what my health is and how many guys are left.

12 v 12 hardcore on a map like three kings will be a mess, if played the way Garsup would have or anyone who supports the complete minimalist hud. Common sense guys.

Well, hardcore means hard. A minimal HUD goes along with that imo. (Except for the crosshair)

Also, no where does it say that competition has to use hardcore mode. Maybe a separate scheme should be made specifically for competition if the majority of comp players don't agree on the settings? Later on built into the tourney mode by default.

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:42 pm 

ITT: Players with little to no competitive experience arguing that the game is about realism, to players who are strictly worried about the competitive experience.

Regular mode = for pubs.

Hardcore mode = as is for pubs.

What this topic is proposing:

Regular mode = as is, for pubs

Hardcore mode = tailored to competition.

So please, stop with the "BUT ITS REALISTIK GUISE" arguments.. it is not what's needed to make a fast fun competitive game. Those elements belong in a mil-sim environment, and 99% of players wishing to play comp have 0 interest in this.

Most of the suggestions by colts, hyperlite, ekcomm and whiplash are very conclusive to the tournament/competitive environment.

Many of the other comments are not. It should not "just be harder" it should be made to be PLAYED harder.

As is the shadows in the game are kind of wonky so if you have an allied soldier standing in the shadows and an opfor soldier in shadows sometimes they are very very very very similiar. We definitely need some model differentiation with the kit or colours of the opfor.

=WMW=JaK wrote:
Where does it say that competition has to use hardcore mode. Maybe a separate scheme should be made specifically for competition if the majority of comp players don't agree on the settings? Later on built into the tourney mode by default.

As it is, nobody even plays hardcore. Why not push this mode into a more tourney style mode and see what happens? There is a decent competitive player base and if the rules are easy to transition into scrim/match play - more people will follow it.

Look at CSGO and what they did with match making...

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:54 pm 

Quote:
Well, hardcore means hard. A minimal HUD goes along with that imo. (Except for the crosshair)

Illogical, Removing the crosshair brings more realistic difficulty without taking away necessary features that introduce more confusion and headache. It also adds to skill gap which we know is always good.

A minimal hud as i stated simply adds to confusion and overwhelming amounts of viop chatter, which is just annoying.

Go play 12 v 12 hardcore on a full server and tell me you can adequately play the proper way as is intended. Take this in a rhetorical manner, as you wont find any full 12v12 HC servers with minimal hud as you are suggesting. Why is this? because people leave to fast because they know its a mess and just annoying.

My solution, Remove anything that introduces realistic difficulty increases while at the same time doesn't add to unnecessary viop chatter.

Things that fall into this category and should be removed in HC mode
Radar
Ammo
crosshair
some spectating modes
grenade timer
enemy spotting

Things that shouldn't be removed because of the reasons stated above
player count
scoreboard
Health meter

I think my settings which are very close to iColts are very fair on both ends and if made the hardcore standard you would see people start to play it. My philosophy is based on the idea that you should take away as much as possible while still maintaining good gameplay.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:07 pm 

Go ahead and take away the crosshair. I will just tape a dot to my screen. :lol:

2known2stronK

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:26 pm 

Hyperlite wrote:
=WMW=JaK wrote:
Quote:
I should not have to ask how many we have left, how many do you think they have left and so on.

Since your on the subject of realism, how real do you think a friendly/enemy counter is? That is one major thing that sets hardcore apart from regular imo. That extra communication is what the Devs were aiming for i think.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I agree with you on what they were trying to do. But with the opportunity having such a similar look it takes away from the game.

Lemme ask you this? With the game as is and the size of the maps. In such a close quarters area how real is it that an enemy will wear almost the exact same outfit as you. I don't follow to many countries uniforms but how many have them so similar to ours?

Hyper, (I previously posted this, sry for being repetitive) I'm not from the US. My country is an USA Ally since the Korean war. Both countries have cooperation on training, our soldiers train at US bases, and some US personnel also train in some of ours.

At the same time US Army switched to the Pixelated Uniform, our own armed forces did so, very similar, but with a 6 color scheme, i believe US uses a 3 colors one.

Also, the guerrillas at my country, just a week later, where using the same kind of pixelated Uniforms. Allow me to remark that they are guerrilla, not a regular army.

So yes, a lot of countries will have similar uniforms, and some times, your enemy will use your own uniforms to disguise and confuse.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion