Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: HARDCORE MODE CHANGES (Will become popular if u change i
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:55 am 

Quote:
1. Set revives to 0 no revives in hardcore mode
2. Put death messages on
3. Until you fix how friendlys/enemys look so similar put on name tags for just friendlys!
4. Remove killing yourself if you teamkill (Mistakes happen...I've killed myself in a tournament match too many times...resulting in a loss for my team...One time i was shooting an enemy then smoke appeared and I kept shooting and didnt realize enemy was already dead and my teammate hit some of my fire he didnt even die but I killed myself from the dmg i did to him.)
5. no grenade timer
6. no body spectating

I agree on these. Its not really a questions of whether or not these settings are attainable in HC mode. Rather, its the fact the these aren't the defaults.

I'm sure if HC modes was basically as Xinon stated, "Classic" AA2ish. then you would see a better response.

The biggest issue is that the enemies look too similar to friendlys. For real in this game the enemies are literally a different shade of the same exact model. Just give us some defining features. Its not like everyone is running around reporting their position, it would be foolish to think that will ever happen in an unorganized setting. LOL forget about 12 v 12. unplayable imo.

The more you make hardcore like a standard aa2 round the better the results, sans some of the hud of course. Say what you want, its the truth.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:24 pm 

Whiplash27 wrote:
Put crosshair and activity feed back on and I'm fine. All of the other stuff can easily edited in the server ini.

Whether you have 0 revives or 1 revive with no headshots it doesn't make a huge difference in game play due to the amount of head shots people land. However, I would love to play with no revives.

I would give hardcore a good chance to survive if these were the settings.

After playing the elite clan wars tournament with hardcore settings I can honestly tel you that it does require more teamwork. However, it's not in a positive way. It requires a lot more conversation on ventrilo that is unnesecarry. With sound being crucial to competition, you end up drowning the vent with communication that it takes away from your game play. I should not have to ask how many we have left, how many do you think they have left and so on.
If everyone wants this "hardcore" mode then why are there revives? As Ekcomm mention in other threads it makes the game soft. If a grenade kills you why are you able to be picked back up.
Let's use everyone's favorite thing to say right here
" in real life" would you be able to jump back up into combat if a grenade blew up in your face or took your legs off.
Yea a guy will fight until he can't fight any longer, but for this game everyone wants to talk about reality. Can someone please explain how "real" this is.

As much as I hate revives, leave it it normal mode at 1. Take it out of hardcore

Whiplash I have a lot of hope for you and Sauce that you will do as best as you can to shape as much as you can for people that will play this game competitively.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:38 pm 

iColts wrote:
1. Set revives to 0 no revives in hardcore mode.
No. 1 revive, 0 on HS, as it is now is great. Since WWII, round globe army doctrine changed, 1 wounded soldier = 3 losses on the OPFOR. 'cuz the wounded needs med-care. We all know AA is not a sim, but it tries to gives a good feeling what to be in the army means, and one of that feeling is taking care of a fallen comrade, When I play at HC, I kindda take the role of a Med, cuz I'm not a great shoot and my Laptop is a big handicap, but by staying low, and a little behind my team I can heal the "good" players, btw, I always pick the Med role on AA2, and at our server is a "greenhorn" or a rambo dares to pick Med and don't play as it, he/she get a warning then the boot. Conclusion, HC revives as set now makes the game tactical and teamplay oriented.
2. Put death messages on
No. That what the VOIP is there. If you, report your intention on the countdown (tactic) and are constantly informing the development (strategy) all goes smooth. Do this and soon other players will be doing so. I invite you and the others HC critics to play it when Tuskey, Fattestmac, Pshbone, etc are. Then you will know what HC teamplay is about.
3. Until you fix how friendly/enemy look so similar put on name tags for just friendlies!
No!. Again (Tactics/strategy) tell your teammates where are you going and what are you gonna do there, be sure at least one fellow goes with you, and do communicate, also use your "spot E" key. Not rocket science. Some times we all do get tk or tk our own, a lot of this could be avoided with just telling your intentions, sometimes in the heat of a battle a friendly crosses your fire line, tk will happen there despite the uniform. Also. I replied to this issue in another post, if you are facing an smart OPFOR, they do want to put things harder on you, ie. use similar/identical o even the same BDU as you do... the name tactic rings a bell?
4. Remove killing yourself if you teamkill (Mistakes happen...I've killed myself in a tournament match too many times...resulting in a loss for my team...One time i was shooting an enemy then smoke appeared and I kept shooting and didnt realize enemy was already dead and my teammate hit some of my fire he didnt even die but I killed myself from the dmg i did to him.)
Bro, that is just a server setting. Leavenworth has been on AA for a long time. Just forward your issue to the server admin.
5. no grenade timer
There is no nade timer on HC.
6. no body spectating
There is no body spectating on HC. But let me disagree with this, if I'm incapped, (alive but movement restrained) why I will also be muted? There are a lot of RL examples on how an icapped soldier managed to call for an air strike, reinforcement and or his fellow soldier the whereabouts of the OPFOR and won or at least survived. Unless a soldier gets a comm-impeding injure his duty is to inform the situation for his reinforcement rescuers.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:44 pm 

Quote:
I should not have to ask how many we have left, how many do you think they have left and so on.

Since your on the subject of realism, how real do you think a friendly/enemy counter is? That is one major thing that sets hardcore apart from regular imo. That extra communication is what the Devs were aiming for i think.

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:02 pm 

Here are my server settings of what HC should be:

1. Crosshair = On

2. Activity Feed = On

3. Player Left Counter = On - I debate back and forth on this one. I do like the dynamic of not knowing how many enemies are left. However, I think it would be nice to know how many friendlies are left. In the past I've proposed having the enemy counter only decrease for confirmed kills.

4. Hit markers = Off

5. Grenade timer = Off

6. Revives = Either 0 or 1 w/o HS. Both can be tested by the community and we can come up with a good solution. For 1 revive, I would love to see where close grenades (>= 100 HP damage) = death. Basically, that would mean that only long range grenades and body shots allow for revive.

7. Lower right part of HUD (health, ammo, etc) = On

8. Blips over player heads = On unless player models are more differentiated, otherwise off. I personally have no issue with them being off, but there's too much FF from inexperienced players.

9. Body Spectating = Off - Obviously only need if there are revives

10. Enemy spotting. Free spotting only. This means that you can spot whether an enemy is there or not. The spot does not stick to enemies and does not move with enemies.

11. ROE Penalty - Amount required to be penalized needs to be increased greatly. First off, we need to know what the amount that causes a penalty is. Like in AA2, the amount in the beginning of the round needs to be extremely high and then after that lowered. In AA2 the ROE amount for a kick was well known and the amount you accrued was also posted on the scoreboard. Here, no one has any idea of how ROE works. I've had way too many times where I've gotten booted for shooting a teammate who didn't even die. It's worse for the team this way. Nothing worse than losing the best guy on the team because he accidentally shot someone.

Last edited by Whiplash27 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:12 pm 

=WMW=JaK wrote:
Quote:
I should not have to ask how many we have left, how many do you think they have left and so on.

Since your on the subject of realism, how real do you think a friendly/enemy counter is? That is one major thing that sets hardcore apart from regular imo. That extra communication is what the Devs were aiming for i think.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I agree with you on what they were trying to do. But with the opportunity having such a similar look it takes away from the game.

Lemme ask you this? With the game as is and the size of the maps. In such a close quarters area how real is it that an enemy will wear almost the exact same outfit as you. I don't follow to many countries uniforms but how many have them so similar to ours?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:24 pm 

Unfortunately finding pictures under 700 pixels is difficult...

Russia

UK

France

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:29 pm 
AACM
AACM

Hyperlite wrote:
=WMW=JaK wrote:
Quote:

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I agree with you on what they were trying to do. But with the opportunity having such a similar look it takes away from the game.

Lemme ask you this? With the game as is and the size of the maps. In such a close quarters area how real is it that an enemy will wear almost the exact same outfit as you. I don't follow to many countries uniforms but how many have them so similar to ours?

I'm on my iPhone ATM so not in a position to give lots of examples, but I would say this.

Military uniforms are not like sports team uniforms, which are designed to be distinctive.

Military uniforms are designed to give the wearer the best possible protection for the environment they are operating in. It stands to reason therefore that two "well equipped" groups of soldiers would likely be equipped similarly, with a similar bdu pattern.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:32 pm 

US Army compared to Iraqi National Police.

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:34 pm 

take the backstory into account, maybe even AA3 here..

were doing this 'proving ground' training to counter the enemy threat right? however the enemys in AA3 dont look like the ones were fighting against here, yet were still following the same story, the same enemies.. you would imagine that the Army would likely choose a very similar style and color camo as their threat wears to better help them in their training.

it makes absolutely no sense that they dont actually look like the AA3 czvernians, or at least be very close.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion