Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: HARDCORE MODE CHANGES (Will become popular if u change it)
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:31 am 

1. Set revives to 0 no revives in hardcore mode
2. Put death messages on
3. Until you fix how friendlys/enemys look so similar put on name tags for just friendlys!
4. Remove killing yourself if you teamkill (Mistakes happen...I've killed myself in a tournament match too many times...resulting in a loss for my team...One time i was shooting an enemy then smoke appeared and I kept shooting and didnt realize enemy was already dead and my teammate hit some of my fire he didnt even die but I killed myself from the dmg i did to him.)
5. no grenade timer
6. no body spectating

Crosshair back on or off I am unsure about this I think its something that needs to be voted by the people that want a no revive gamemode type.

Any disagreements from my no revive for hardcore mode players out there let me know anything to add/remove to the list let me know.

We deserve to have a game mode with no revives...After all it is hardcore wouldn't that mean more realism, therefore no revives?.

DEVs please listen to this and make these changes hardcore mode will get populated once the word gets out there that hardcore mode is now no revives I am sure alot of players will come back or even try the game out if you implent this list of things.

I dont know if any of closed beta players remember the No revive official servers in the closed beta but they got populated and stayed populated and were only up for a few days then gone...Yes u have server side setting for no revives...but u do not have an official server setup to no revives. Official servers are more popular than Team/player servers.

If you wanna test my theory set a official server to these settings and watch what happens.

Post subject: Re: HARDCORE MODE CHANGES (Will become popular if u change i
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:54 am 

I personally don't play hardcore myself at all, but I don't think this is the right time to discuss server settings. The Devs are working hard to make a solid game and are focussing more on the game design itself then on perfecting server settings.
The changes you describe sound good but are of way lesser importance then developing the game at this time.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:47 am 

Why make a useless reply to my post. You don't play hardcore(did i ask if u did?) not too many people do because the mode is not good right now...Would you play hardcore mode if everything in the list was brought in?

It doesnt take much time to change hardcore mode to the way it should be, and the way that would attract an active player base.

Please no more useless replys I want feedback on would you play hardcore if it was setup like this? Anything to add to the list? anything to remove from the list? Keep no crosshair y/n?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:56 am 

I would play it.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:04 am 
Fireworks Fanatic

proposal - no grenades in HC, no spots, no hud nothing.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:40 am 

Indeed, remove all HUD for hardcore. But then EVERYTHING. Like it's meant to be.

I know the lack of HUD feels awkward because you dont know how many are alive on each team. But that is realism

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:23 am 

Sounds "Classic" AA2ish.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:46 am 
Developer
Developer

iColts wrote:
1. Set revives to 0 no revives in hardcore mode
2. Put death messages on
3. Until you fix how friendlys/enemys look so similar put on name tags for just friendlys!
4. Remove killing yourself if you teamkill (Mistakes happen...I've killed myself in a tournament match too many times...resulting in a loss for my team...One time i was shooting an enemy then smoke appeared and I kept shooting and didnt realize enemy was already dead and my teammate hit some of my fire he didnt even die but I killed myself from the dmg i did to him.)
5. no grenade timer
6. no body spectating

This is actually pretty close to the current hardcore experience.

Hardcore allows one revive, but between headshots and secures very few revives occur. Hardcore also allows the server to set it to zero revives and keep the hardcore flag - no changes are needed.

It is a server option to kick for ROE and this is not linked to hardcore. I agree the character looks very similar, but some would argue IDing friend from foe is a skill in hardcore.

Grenade timer is already disabled in hardcore.

Players cannot spectate their body, nor can they use the in-game VOIP when down (secured or not).

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:11 am 

Would like to see my health + crosshair.. so much of this game depends on your health %.. fall damage.. recoil.. it's imperative to know what my HP is so I can make the right decisions.. and of course this extends tenfold in the competitive sense.

Otherwise it's OK.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:50 am 

Put crosshair and activity feed back on and I'm fine. All of the other stuff can easily edited in the server ini.

Whether you have 0 revives or 1 revive with no headshots it doesn't make a huge difference in game play due to the amount of head shots people land. However, I would love to play with no revives.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion