Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Comp Mode (aka Classic Mode)
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:31 pm 

Why not take the top 10 0r 15 things you guys want and create a poll, vote for the most important things you want. I know they're all important, but at least they can be prioritized.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:39 am 

Necabo(;.) wrote:
SSHD is a rule on ESL for us and we even play matches with everyone having 40-50 pings on SSHD. Wouldn't say it's working great but so isn't CSHD, there are surely some issues with the netcode. Also feel like sliding and jumping messes up the hitboxes. Gonna link this as an example.

The main problem with CSHD was in the past that there were some higher ping players able to just rush in first and kill a bunch of guys without any problem. As long as they played offensive they won almost all of their cqb fights.

That's why EU Comp remained on SSHD

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:58 pm 

I would really like to see some official servers match the competition experience exactly. This means
  • Force 5v5. This is the primary team size for leagues, using any other number will not simulate competitive matches.
  • Take the server settings from ESL -- Update the ruleset if ESL makes changes
  • Spring Street, Breach, Watchdog, Siege, Intercept, Shadow Step, Inner Hospital, Harbor ALL 5v5!!
  • 3 minute rounds on ALL maps. You could argue for longer if it was 12v12, but with 5v5 3 minutes is plenty.

If you are going to set up a competitive game mode make it match competition settings exactly. IMO things like no revive, no spotting shorter etc. should be applied to all servers 6v6 or 12v12. Competition mode should be 5v5 regardless of map.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:47 pm 

easymode wrote:
I would really like to see some official servers match the competition experience exactly. This means
  • Force 5v5. This is the primary team size for leagues, using any other number will not simulate competitive matches.
  • Spring Street, Breach, Watchdog, Siege, Intercept, Shadow Step, Inner Hospital, Harbor ALL 5v5!!
  • 3 minute rounds on ALL maps. You could argue for longer if it was 12v12, but with 5v5 3 minutes is plenty.

If you are going to set up a competitive game mode make it match competition settings exactly. IMO things like no revive, no spotting shorter etc. should be applied to all servers 6v6 or 12v12. Competition mode should be 5v5 regardless of map.

Agreed.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:51 pm 

hbk314 wrote:
easymode wrote:

Agreed.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:22 pm 

iColts wrote:
hbk314 wrote:
easymode wrote:

Agreed.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:34 pm 

EKCommander wrote:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:39 pm 

I wonder if that's possible. Making the Comp mode 5v5 or less only... that would make things interesting.. almost like a semi-manual-match-making system.

however.. there wouldn't be a mode where people could play 12v12 with classic settings..

edit: nevermind, you said *some* official servers, not all servers.

Agreed.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:46 pm 

I typed out a thoughtful treatise on various game modes and the community, but then I realized the last time I did that I got my butt handed to me by The Man. Carry on...

Post Posted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:40 am 

Definitely not called Classic mode tho. Players will think its classic as in AA2 not comp.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion