Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Comp Mode (aka Classic Mode)
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:14 pm 
Offline
Developer
Developer

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:23 am
Posts: 475
I should have added that, we are using full damage on friendlies right now too in this mode.

_________________
Bam4D wrote:
Don't be lame when you game.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Comp Mode (aka Classic Mode)
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:41 am
Posts: 1512
hbk314 wrote:
I think it'd be tough to make friendly fire easier in open pub servers.


100% hear you on that. Same with some other options that work in league settings, like disabling team autobalance.

Of course, that was the justification for forbidGrenadeTime too, right? Harder to troll in spawn?

It kind of depends on the goal for the settings. Is the idea to show support for comp, let people set up a "comp-ready" server just by setting it to *ex-hardcore mode? It should use all the most common league settings.

If the idea is more of a league/pub hybrid, some of the "anti-troll" settings may end up staying in place.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Comp Mode (aka Classic Mode)
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:29 pm
Posts: 541
BCPull wrote:
hbk314 wrote:
I think it'd be tough to make friendly fire easier in open pub servers.


100% hear you on that. Same with some other options that work in league settings, like disabling team autobalance.

Of course, that was the justification for forbidGrenadeTime too, right? Harder to troll in spawn?

It kind of depends on the goal for the settings. Is the idea to show support for comp, let people set up a "comp-ready" server just by setting it to *ex-hardcore mode? It should use all the most common league settings.

If the idea is more of a league/pub hybrid, some of the "anti-troll" settings may end up staying in place.


There's at least one nade I like to throw in pubs that I can't throw as fast as I would like because of that setting. Breach assault West to defense West.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Comp Mode (aka Classic Mode)
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:41 am
Posts: 1512
Yeah, I agree. I'd like to see the settings match league as close as possible as well.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Comp Mode (aka Classic Mode)
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:21 am
Posts: 37
+1 for nade cooking.

shorter delay before round starts.

Maby something with smokes. if round timer gonna be 2-3mins and smoke lasts, what 45-60secs? fogs can do the trick fine imo, little bit more strategic..

edit. enemy spotting? maby going with spotting enemy being shooted. (like the bind).
would give minimap actual purpose than just scouting if there is own guy behind the corner.


Last edited by ViKillThemALL on Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Comp Mode (aka Classic Mode)
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 3018
I still like my suggestion I made in .."places I cannot speak of".. about having official 6v6 maps play "classic" mode and as soon as the server switches to 12v12 so does the mode. That way both modes are played. As for private servers you can let the owner decide.

I guess this is neither a rule change nor a feature

_________________
Image Image Hawkeye's 1300+ club
---------------------------------------------
http://www.twitch.tv/ironknightsdoba


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Comp Mode (aka Classic Mode)
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:57 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: Acey said 10%
If the mode is going to exist in pub play, then it does need to have anti-TK measures. How harsh those measures are is up for debate.

Since I've complained about this from day 1... I'll bring it up again.
I guess it's more of a feature, but...
Player tags should appear after a delay. Make a range that the player can maintain view of his teammates' tags. If they leave that range (or go behind a wall), their tag disappears (after 5 seconds). When they re-enter the view, the tag doesn't show up for 2 seconds. This is the best compromise between the current tag system and the "classic" system. It makes people have to make quick decisions as to whether an enemy is friend or foe.

These aren't "classic" ideas, but I think they should belong in the mode.
Rounds should be shorter.
Consider lowering grenade damage/range.
Due to shorter rounds, you may have to lower the smoke duration.
Spot either off or point spot at worst.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Comp Mode (aka Classic Mode)
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:29 pm
Posts: 541
Whiplash27 wrote:
These aren't "classic" ideas, but I think they should belong in the mode.
Rounds should be shorter.
Consider lowering grenade damage/range.
Due to shorter rounds, you may have to lower the smoke duration.
Spot either off or point spot at worst.


Agreed on 1, 2 and 4. All three are things that should happen whether "Classic" mode or normal.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Comp Mode (aka Classic Mode)
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:21 am
Posts: 37
=IK=Doba= wrote:
I still like my suggestion I made in .."places I cannot speak of".. about having official 6v6 maps play "classic" mode and as soon as the server switches to 12v12 so does the mode. That way both modes are played. As for private servers you can let the owner decide.

I guess this is neither a rule change nor a feature


if ur gonna make huge cake for ur friends. other half likes strawberries but hates blueberries, and other half loves blueberries but hates strawberries. So u decide to mix blueberries and strawberries together.. Once u bring cake to ur friends u realize that nobody is going to like this cake.. so u should have made 2 smaller cakes seperating blueberries and strawberries..


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Comp Mode (aka Classic Mode)
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:20 pm
Posts: 1010
NetWait=45
BeginningOfRoundDelay=15
TimeLimit=180 or less
RoundsToWin=15
ForbidGrenadeTime=0
bAutoBalanceTeams=true
bReduceFriendlyFire=false
bDisableROE=true
bAllowBleedOut=true
MaxRevives=0
bSpotEnemiesOnDeath=false
bHUD_ForceMinimalHUD=false
bHUD_ForcePlayerCountOff=false
bHUD_ForceInWorldEnemySpotsOff=true
bHUD_ForceActivityFeedOff=false
bHUD_ForceHitIndicatorOff=true
bAllowSpectateMode_ActionCam=true
bAllowSpectateMode_3pOrbit=true
bAllowSpectateMode_FreeCam=true
bAllowIncapMode_SpectateBody=false
bAllowIncapMode_ActionCam=false
bAllowIncapMode_3pOrbit=false
bAllowIncapMode_FreeCam=false
bForceSpectateTeamScreenFX=true
bForbidBombSecure=true
bForbidShadows=true

_________________
eKComm


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron