Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Admin requests for ACP
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:31 am 

Your invaluable insight is noted once again....sigh

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:57 am 

You gotta understand where BCBull is coming from _V@POR_. If it doesn't benefit him or it's not like CSGO he wants no part of it and others don't know what they're talking about. Because the rest of us are just idiots. The quicker you understand the better it is. :wink:

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:01 pm 

... or I agreed with someone that pointed out the feature was open to abuse and un-needed. I didn't say anyone was an idiot.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:15 pm 

BCPull wrote:
"We had it in AA2" isn't a counter-argument to "This could be abused."

It was abused in aa2 also, every thing that puts power one way or the other will be abused.
Admin kick, try taking the admins fav weapon, bye.
Force loadout, getting a pistol, only, in a firefight, not that funny round after round.
Playing well, get switched to admin team, or banned.
No admin, votekicks or teamkills.
and so it carry on forever.
Nothing new to AA:PG.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:28 pm 

BCPull wrote:
... or I agreed with someone that pointed out the feature was open to abuse and un-needed. I didn't say anyone was an idiot.

He's a server admin looking for certain features, there is nothing wrong with that. He has a full server most of the time, I don't think he's asking for them to get the upper hand by muting the opposite team. Besides if he went around muting people he'd have an empty server.

You can make something like that a server option, and it can be turned off in public server, so it's not abused.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:32 pm 

-=}WoLvErInE{=- wrote:
BCPull wrote:

He's a server admin looking for certain features, there is nothing wrong with that. He has a full server most of the time, I don't think he's asking for them to get the upper hand by muting the opposite team. Besides if he went around muting people he'd have an empty server.

You can make something like that a server option, and it can be turned off in public server, so it's not abused.

BC and Vortex correctly pointed out that it would be an easy feature to abuse and really isn't necessary. If someone is disruptive over comms to the point that a global mute would be necessary, kick them. Problem solved.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:45 pm 

hbk314, read 2 posts above yours. Regardless what you do, people always find ways to abuse it.

Look at the difference between Vortex and Bull's response to the post. Vortex took the post and broke it down and answered him with the concerns he had and why it would be a bad idea to have it.

Then look at Bull's post and see how he started his response.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:00 pm 

Wolverine look at how vapor answered vortex, don't skip context to suite yourself.

I love how everyone here is having a legitimate discussion with good points going from both sides, but instead of just having a conversation they are taking things personally and acting as if they have a right to feel abused while being abusive.

It's a complicated subject. Just talk about it and let the devs make a decision...

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:09 pm 

-=}WoLvErInE{=- wrote:

I didn't say anything was wrong with asking for features, nor would I ever. However, I feel that requests should be fleshed out for holes or potential issues. Discussion serves to give the Devs the most comprehensive view of what is wanted, why it's wanted, why current features don't fill those needs, and what the shortcomings of proposed solutions may be.

At no point did I, or anybody else, suggest vapor himself wanted to abuse it. It's not about him personally, it's about creating additional opportunities for abuse in general. Nobody needs to feel insulted or take any comments on any of the features personally.

Why isn't kicking a player spamming global VOIP or chat a sufficient solution? That's what I see as the major shortcoming here and that point hasn't been addressed.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:47 pm 

If they are playing I see no reason to kick them. If they are muted, they can scream all night long...to themselves.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion