Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Team Stacking is still a thing...
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:19 pm 

.sauce wrote:
Kill@ I think that all of the cheating scandals in GO are a perfect example of just how strong the competition scene is. Will they have to increase their efforts to ensure a level playing field moving forward? Sure, but the lengths players and teams are willing to go in order to gain an edge tells you how alive it is. I don't necessarily agree with Dem@n, at least in the sense that I think if the full release goes well the competitive scene for AA could cultivate a 3 tier league with open, inter and invite, which to me is the best part of online gaming. Join a team, grow with the team, challenge yourself, win, move up, repeat. I don't think there needs to be a huge competitive scene in order for the game to have success, it just needs to be large enough to maintain that model. You might even call it the sweet spot as players will be less likely to go to great lengths to win when money and sponsorships aren't on the line.

Yeah true but meh.. Players getting "away" with cheating is stupid. It's known these CS:GO players earned well more price money than they paid for their cheats. So did the players betting on their opponents with 5 accounts then throwing the game. This is obviously the game's fault but I'd rather have a smaller competition than all these kind of scum players. How can you take this competition seriously still when you always have to question every single player? CS:GO competition is that big because or the previous CS games and I don't even think the game is that good. Just played it again yesterday and cmon, one of the biggest games has nades getting stuck in my face to do 2 HP of damage?

Also what defines a good competitive game? I for example think that the leaning from AA is kind of beneficial for competition since it reduces the general disadvantages from an attacker but maybe that's just me. Who would define which mechanics make a game great for competition and which not? I think it's more about games being big than being the best games for competition.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:32 pm 

Quote:
Also what defines a good competitive game

The list could get big, but just to name a couple reasons what's holding AA back

- optimization / performance
- hit detection / reg

Imagine CS with our reg? LoL

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:43 pm 

=IK=Doba= wrote:
Quote:
Also what defines a good competitive game

The list could get big, but just to name a couple reasons what's holding AA back

- optimization / performance
- hit detection / reg

Imagine CS with our reg? LoL

Correct me if I'm wrong but BF3 used to be played on 16tick servers and the competition was better/bigger just because of the popularity.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:20 pm 

Necabo(;.) wrote:
.sauce wrote:
Kill@ I think that all of the cheating scandals in GO are a perfect example of just how strong the competition scene is. Will they have to increase their efforts to ensure a level playing field moving forward? Sure, but the lengths players and teams are willing to go in order to gain an edge tells you how alive it is. I don't necessarily agree with Dem@n, at least in the sense that I think if the full release goes well the competitive scene for AA could cultivate a 3 tier league with open, inter and invite, which to me is the best part of online gaming. Join a team, grow with the team, challenge yourself, win, move up, repeat. I don't think there needs to be a huge competitive scene in order for the game to have success, it just needs to be large enough to maintain that model. You might even call it the sweet spot as players will be less likely to go to great lengths to win when money and sponsorships aren't on the line.

Yeah true but meh.. Players getting "away" with cheating is stupid. It's known these CS:GO players earned well more price money than they paid for their cheats. So did the players betting on their opponents with 5 accounts then throwing the game. This is obviously the game's fault but I'd rather have a smaller competition than all these kind of scum players. How can you take this competition seriously still when you always have to question every single player? CS:GO competition is that big because or the previous CS games and I don't even think the game is that good. Just played it again yesterday and cmon, one of the biggest games has nades getting stuck in my face to do 2 HP of damage?

Also what defines a good competitive game? I for example think that the leaning from AA is kind of beneficial for competition since it reduces the general disadvantages from an attacker but maybe that's just me. Who would define which mechanics make a game great for competition and which not? I think it's more about games being big than being the best games for competition.

I don't think there are many *core* items that make a game good for competition. Doba is correct, though, game quality and netcode go hand in hand under the "what you see is what you get" concept. It's a pretty important part of the experience and generally what creates longevity. Anything else, to me, is more about preference. If I were going to select one part of the AA franchise that makes it unique and great, it would be the lack of movement acceleration. I personally LOVE the agility of the player in AA and think it's something special in the fps world. But that is just me. Every popular comp game has had accuracy and quick reflexes at the forefront, but generally they were mouse-centric. I think AA:O was the best game to balance keyboard and mouse, where a good quick keyboard hand could be nearly as effective as a good mouse hand. It's a fun dynamic. As I said during closed beta, I used to love watching other great AA:O players play, US and EU. I hope the final release brings me closer to that sense of spectatorship.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:57 pm 

Of course AA isn't the best possible comp experience game and I could probably add a list of things destroying the experience just like I mentioned in my thread about enemy bodies not disappearing for example. But I don't get why you'd have to go on a forum and try to lash on competition in this game, talking about how the game wasn't designed for it with such an anger. Let the people enjoy their experience, if you don't think this game can be played competitive it's fine, your opinion.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:27 pm 

they dont just latch onto comp, they latch onto regular players who may one day want to play comp.. while telling us were the ones destroying chances by making suggestions because we play primarily in pubs.. its laughable really.

i could quite easily agree with 99% of what comp players want for the game.. but they do not give that same respect to others with just as valid ideas and opinions, tossing them off as either A.. a waste of dev time or B.. a just plain 'pub jones' game wrecking suggestion.

sometimes you just gotta take a step back and let them have the final say, as theirs is the only way this game will work..

just ask them and they will tell you so :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:42 pm 

uni-sol wrote:
they dont just latch onto comp, they latch onto regular players who may one day want to play comp.. while telling us were the ones destroying chances by making suggestions because we play primarily in pubs.. its laughable really.

i could quite easily agree with 99% of what comp players want for the game.. but they do not give that same respect to others with just as valid ideas and opinions, tossing them off as either A.. a waste of dev time or B.. a just plain 'pub jones' game wrecking suggestion.

sometimes you just gotta take a step back and let them have the final say, as theirs is the only way this game will work..

just ask them and they will tell you so :lol:

Take individuals' suggestions and comments as the words of individuals, not collectives.

I've seen plenty of comments from members of comp teams that I disagree with. Same goes for players that stick to pubs -- some suggestions have been good, some I consider bad.

Any time somebody uses a collective pronoun, replace it with a singular and remember it's an individual opinion.

Last time the Committee of Competitive Competitors had its all-hands meeting, we voted against having a single spokesperson. 8-)

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:49 pm 

What in my comments made anyone think i was lashing or latching on to anyone or anything? AA has a league and players are having fun. As I said I just hope it grows with the final release and all the changes it brings so that there is a multi-tiered league that best cultivates new and skilled players, alike.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:08 pm 

'I am' sure hopeful that 'we' are 'all' hopeful the game grows :mrgreen:

they're, they, them, theirs, those, us, we.. plehhhh..

since its against ToS to call individuals out, it would be unwise for me to use case by case basis grounds to mount a counter argument to any one person. i might be a troll and talk out of my backside at times, but im not stupid enough to go getting myself banned or warned. you may have to use the imagination and read posting behaviours of our 20 strong forum regular user base to try and figure out who.. what, where, they, those, them, we, their.. any of my posts are aimed toward.

sorry about that. i'm even more sorry that im guilty of being part of a obvious divide that should'nt be there. we should 'all' be working together for the greater good, not putting our own ideas above others and bashing them for it, strictly because of the way one may choose to play the game.. we are all players.. and we all want a good game.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:15 pm 

uni-sol wrote:
'I am' sure hopeful that 'we' are 'all' hopeful the game grows :mrgreen:

they're, they, them, theirs, those, us, we.. plehhhh..

since its against ToS to call individuals out, it would be unwise for me to use case by case basis grounds to mount a counter argument to any one person. i might be a troll and talk out of my backside at times, but im not stupid enough to go getting myself banned or warned. you may have to use the imagination and read posting behaviours of our 20 strong forum regular user base to try and figure out who.. what, where, they, those, them, we, their.. any of my posts are aimed toward.

sorry about that. i'm even more sorry that im guilty of being part of a obvious divide that should'nt be there. we should 'all' be working together for the greater good, not putting our own ideas above others and bashing them for it, strictly because of the way one may choose to play the game.. we are all players.. and we all want a good game.

I seem to recall me using the same basis in calling you out not that long ago, and you apparently had a valid excuse for the words chosen, whats saying his reasons are not the same?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion