Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Team Stacking is still a thing...
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:45 am
Posts: 565
Location: Netherlands
The reason why I don't take pub seriously is because I think the art of a competitive team is to play with a team as one, coordinated together, like a band does for a concert, individually they might do their task well, but only together they became really good.

You have pushers, covering players, a sniper, coordinator, all those things together will make a great team.

The art of fitting these players together into a well-working machine is what satisfies me. Just being able to kill everybody while running around like an idiot is not what pleases me. I like smart play over running around and fast aiming.

_________________
SNLSTB.Bart^
Super inexperienced player Lynux Special Tweaks Bro!
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Team Stacking is still a thing...
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:18 am
Posts: 586
Location: Hungary
This game never had and will never have the type of competition you see in other games like CS:GO,support and implementations were never there to begin with,you don't take pubs seriously?Got to laugh at that.Also got to laugh at ek. playing together is destroying the game but when everyone else does it be it competition players with second accounts stacking or pub players it's for fun and throwing smokes at eachother type of hypocrit comments yet you hear the excuses and insult trash talk everytime they get killed or loose a match.Can't wait for the full release when the real hunting season will open.

_________________
AA2 BattleTracker I AAPG Profile
AA2 Frag Movie I AAPG Frag Movie , AAPG Frag Movie 2
My Friend Son.ek's aapg youtube madness
Image Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Team Stacking is still a thing...
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:56 pm
Posts: 35
Dem@n wrote:
This game never had and will never have the type of competition you see in other games like CS:GO,support and implementations were never there to begin with,you don't take pubs seriously?Got to laugh at that.Also got to laugh at ek. playing together is destroying the game but when everyone else does it be it competition players with second accounts stacking or pub players it's for fun and throwing smokes at eachother type of hypocrit comments yet you hear the excuses and insult trash talk everytime they get killed or loose a match.Can't wait for the full release when the real hunting season will open.


Did you really just say that CS:GO has good competition after like 10 competitive players getting banned for cheating, team getting disqualified because of throwing for skins and all that stuff? CS:GO competition is effectivly dead, just kept alive by the game being so popular.

Speaking for AAPG in EU I have to agree that competition is stupid with all the inactive teams right now and after Lucky13 disbanding is missing one of the best teams as well. I don't even wanna talk about the national competition in Germany.. (last DESBL cup final was Mortiferus 1 vs. Mortiferus 2)

_________________
My montages (Playlist)

Image
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Team Stacking is still a thing...
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:18 am
Posts: 586
Location: Hungary
Necabo(;.) wrote:
Dem@n wrote:
This game never had and will never have the type of competition you see in other games like CS:GO,support and implementations were never there to begin with,you don't take pubs seriously?Got to laugh at that.Also got to laugh at ek. playing together is destroying the game but when everyone else does it be it competition players with second accounts stacking or pub players it's for fun and throwing smokes at eachother type of hypocrit comments yet you hear the excuses and insult trash talk everytime they get killed or loose a match.Can't wait for the full release when the real hunting season will open.


Did you really just say that CS:GO has good competition after like 10 competitive players getting banned for cheating, team getting disqualified because of throwing for skins and all that stuff? CS:GO competition is effectivly dead, just kept alive by the game being so popular.

Speaking for AAPG in EU I have to agree that competition is stupid with all the inactive teams right now and after Lucky13 disbanding is missing one of the best teams as well. I don't even wanna talk about the national competition in Germany.. (last DESBL cup final was Mortiferus 1 vs. Mortiferus 2)



Unless you have problems reading,i did say so.AAPG around 100 competition players NA-EU combined around 40 teams,daily playerbase on all servers of +-1200 people on good days.I would not call CS:GO competition dead when it has couple million people watching live streams from tournaments alone.Anyway you are missing the point of my post,the point that this game was never ment to be played competitive because it was not made for it ,never had the features , functions and map design of games build for the purpouse of competition ,not AA1,2,3 or even PG.From what i read so far for upcomming changes this wont be different for a long time to come.

_________________
AA2 BattleTracker I AAPG Profile
AA2 Frag Movie I AAPG Frag Movie , AAPG Frag Movie 2
My Friend Son.ek's aapg youtube madness
Image Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Team Stacking is still a thing...
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:56 pm
Posts: 35
Dem@n wrote:
Necabo(;.) wrote:
Dem@n wrote:
This game never had and will never have the type of competition you see in other games like CS:GO,support and implementations were never there to begin with,you don't take pubs seriously?Got to laugh at that.Also got to laugh at ek. playing together is destroying the game but when everyone else does it be it competition players with second accounts stacking or pub players it's for fun and throwing smokes at eachother type of hypocrit comments yet you hear the excuses and insult trash talk everytime they get killed or loose a match.Can't wait for the full release when the real hunting season will open.


Did you really just say that CS:GO has good competition after like 10 competitive players getting banned for cheating, team getting disqualified because of throwing for skins and all that stuff? CS:GO competition is effectivly dead, just kept alive by the game being so popular.

Speaking for AAPG in EU I have to agree that competition is stupid with all the inactive teams right now and after Lucky13 disbanding is missing one of the best teams as well. I don't even wanna talk about the national competition in Germany.. (last DESBL cup final was Mortiferus 1 vs. Mortiferus 2)



Unless you have problems reading,i did say so.AAPG around 100 competition players NA-EU combined around 40 teams,daily playerbase on all servers of +-1200 people on good days.I would not call CS:GO competition dead when it has couple million people watching live streams from tournaments alone.Anyway you are missing the point of my post,the point that this game was never ment to be played competitive because it was not made for it ,never had the features , functions and map design of games build for the purpouse of competition ,not AA1,2,3 or even PG.From what i read so far for upcomming changes this wont be different for a long time to come.


Well, you are just saying that this game doesn't have many players since it's not advertised and thus not popular (unlike CS:GO). My sense of having good competition is having active teams playing fair games (which you can't say for CS:GO anymore after all the scandales-->thus I'm calling the competition dead).
Also it's your personal opinion if you think that AA can't be played competitively and why the hell are we as players supposed to care about what the game was ment for and what not? I enjoy the competition alot but as I said before you are right about the community being inactive and the game not having many players

_________________
My montages (Playlist)

Image
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Team Stacking is still a thing...
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:18 am
Posts: 586
Location: Hungary
Necabo(;.) wrote:
Well, you are just saying that this game doesn't have many players since it's not advertised and thus not popular (unlike CS:GO).

It's not popular not because it's bad,it's because people are looking for different types of games or there are alreaddy games on the market that people are looking for that were made with the purpouse in mind what people are looking for and that with a long history.

Necabo(;.) wrote:
My sense of having good competition is having active teams playing fair games (which you can't say for CS:GO anymore after all the scandales-->thus I'm calling the competition dead).


When money is involved you will always find people trying to cheat the system.Be it lottery ,casinos,card games,racing it doesnt mean competition is dead.

Necabo(;.) wrote:
Also it's your personal opinion if you think that AA can't be played competitively and why the hell are we as players supposed to care about what the game was ment for and what not? I enjoy the competition alot but as I said before you are right about the community being inactive and the game not having many players


You can put lipstick on a pig but it wont make it into a princess.None the less they gave you the options to do so,if you enjoy playing 1v1 , 4v4 or 5v5 then knock yourself out.

_________________
AA2 BattleTracker I AAPG Profile
AA2 Frag Movie I AAPG Frag Movie , AAPG Frag Movie 2
My Friend Son.ek's aapg youtube madness
Image Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Team Stacking is still a thing...
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:56 pm
Posts: 35
I don't see any reason why this game can't be playing competitively besides the lack of players and teams. And even with the game not having many players there is still a respectable percentage of players having fun with comp play.

However, this thread is not about that, let's make this some crying about unfair public teams thread again, I liked that better.

_________________
My montages (Playlist)

Image
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Team Stacking is still a thing...
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:38 am
Posts: 1236
Necabo(;.) wrote:
I don't see any reason why this game can't be playing competitively.


The maps.

_________________
Your warning level: [ 1 ]

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Team Stacking is still a thing...
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:56 pm
Posts: 35
TheBadaBing! wrote:
Necabo(;.) wrote:
I don't see any reason why this game can't be playing competitively.


The maps.


I'll give you that point.

_________________
My montages (Playlist)

Image
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Team Stacking is still a thing...
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:11 pm
Posts: 3518
Location: Czervenia
sooo.. how do all you comp guys go about finding potential fresh blood for your teams, or promote more teams to sign up for competitions, when your assuming everyone playing in them are pub jones, try hards.. headless chickens with 0 skill, who (going by what your all saying) aint got a clue?

by all means have and keep them attitudes, im sure this game will fair 0.1% better for it. kudos.

your all exactly right when you say pub play is not as team orientated as comp and yes indeedy thats why there is a big difference in the two types of play, no disputing that fact. i get that in a pub your playing a mixed bunch of people of various skill levels, of whom half the time dont communicate. so i think in that respect you comp folk cant deal with it, right? i mean, you have no way of telling who is going to be where, there is no structure or anticipation of player positions.. there is no pre-determined "i know where he is going to be" or exacting strategy involved. THIS i can only assume is where them attitudes stem from.

may i be so bold to think you guys dont like pub play simply because you dont know how to cope in that environment? its too random and as you guys say yourselves, random is bad for comp which literally forces you to play the game in a way that sees you act in such manners, others in the pub server are not helping you be 'the best' so you can no longer 'feel' the best :lol:

you crave unity and teamwork when you play, no harm in that, but nobody is here calling you out for playing like that.. so is it fair that you guys do it all the time, to people on the pub side of the fence? who believe it or not, are playing because they enjoy FPS that are inherently ALL competitive in nature, regardless of who they play with/against, wether or not they communicate, run around like rambo's.. or just plain suck at playing. we all just want to have some fun, to pass time while playing a video game. also, who knows that pub jones halfwitted new player, who TK'd you by accident with a grenade he aint yet learned to throw properly.. may one day even own you at comp level. whos laughing at who then? newly adopting a stupid anti-pub player attitude, that you passed down to him, therefore spreading the disease.

years ago you could get noticed by clans when playing in public servers and enjoy a game, nowadays everyones calling everyone allsorts for the sole intention of belittling and acting like some sort of virtual gaming god.

whatever happened to respect for fellow man and maturity?

_________________
Image

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron