Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Team Stacking is still a thing...
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:05 pm 

If a clan play in one team they are stacking, if they play on both teams they are ghosting.
You can't please all the people all the time.

do positive actions
and the positive grows.

Last edited by -Nero- on Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:49 pm 

Kinda hard not to team stack when there's no way to actually change teams if the teams are equal players. There's no queue system in place to allow you to request to join team a or b whenever a spot opens up, so you're locked in a team until you manually request a team again, which is hard when you're in the middle of game play.

I feel it would be nice to display what team is winning/losing via the join team selection screen, cause I will usually try to join the losing team, but requires me to join one team, then view scoreboard, then select the other team.

WOuld also be nice to have a queue system in place where you can select a team if it's full to be placed over there when a spot opens up.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:19 pm 

deathrider wrote:
Kinda hard not to team stack when there's no way to actually change teams if the teams are equal players. There's no queue system in place to allow you to request to join team a or b whenever a spot opens up, so you're locked in a team until you manually request a team again, which is hard when you're in the middle of game play.

I feel it would be nice to display what team is winning/losing via the join team selection screen, cause I will usually try to join the losing team, but requires me to join one team, then view scoreboard, then select the other team.

WOuld also be nice to have a queue system in place where you can select a team if it's full to be placed over there when a spot opens up.

It does show which team is winning...
Or hit esc, pull up the scoreboard, hit f2, and then join a team.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:37 am 

I mean on the team select screen it doesn't.. I stated in my post that you gotta join a team then view scoreboard and then join a team, but it should say on the team select page if you ask me w/o the extra steps heh.

wow i feel stupid, I never noticed the scores on the bottom right.. just wow LOL

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:54 am 

deathrider wrote:
wow i feel stupid, I never noticed the scores on the bottom right.. just wow LOL

You learn something new everyday.

Personally I esc, check the board, then pick a team, just to see who is playing on each side. It could be 6-0 but some good players switched as you entered the server. Now when you pick the team with 0 wins you're stacking it even more.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:31 am 

_V@POR_ wrote:
lol @ official servers failthread

lol at advertisement post. Like it never happens in private servers, nope, never seen it, night after night. It is of course better than official servers.

deathrider wrote:

Very true, another thing that was well done in AA2. (minus having 1 sec to choose your weapon in the new team :D)

-Nero- wrote:
If a clan play in one team they are stacking, if they play one both teams they are ghosting.
You can't please all the people all the time.

I reiterate, ghosting still happens when people are in the same team, it's just not as effective.
If the game always scrambles teams by default people would be used to simply teamplay with who they get stuck with.
But admitedly that's not great either. Hence a request for a server solution to tell the server who you want to play with and let it compose the teams with said groups based on player's performance in said map.

Balance is one of the most crucial things to a game. A sense of fairness and equal chance for both sides from the start (hold your horses comptards). Sure there would happen 8-0's too, but not with such blatant unbalanced teams, that's the difference.

Cheers

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:54 am 

I don't get what people expect? so if its 3-0 does the server auto scramble? and then when its 3-3 should it not again because the other team won 3 in a row? so should the server scramble maybe every 2-3 game?

The only thing that can be done is accept it and stop posting a new complaint post about it. We've already had one of these reach a high page count, and it proved nothing.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:11 am 

i think its just one of those things you just have to hope that the players themselves have the courtesy and common sense to sort out for themselves. try asking people if they mind swapping because the game is imbalanced, chances are the team your up against stomping you knows that they are the superior team and you may get a few who are willing to make the switch and help.

forcing/stopping friends from playing together on the same team could (for all we know) cause just as much trouble.. not everyone has clan servers and public servers are meant to be non-discriminatory are they not.. im not sure whatever could be done to auto balance the teams would work out for the best in the long run.

im lucky enough to have no friends so i honestly could care less, whatever.. when i join a server i always choose the losing team. if its a fresh game i wait until a few slots get filled then decide by honor level which would be best to pick to help even it out. perhaps i wrongly assume most people also do this?

Dem@n had a point once in these 'stack' discussions.. what if when the game starts the teams are relatively well balanced (as good as possible) but say for instance Dem@n cleans up.. and makes 5 players leave, who then get replaced by low honor players newly joining the server.. hes gonna get shafted and slagged off for unfairly stacking yet when the game started that was NOT the case. does he have to join the other team? risking his match winning chances he worked hard for whilst on the original team?

uni-sol wrote:
i think its just one of those things you just have to hope that the players themselves have the courtesy and common sense to sort out for themselves.

just incase you missed it ^

Thread Title wrote:
Re: Team Stacking is still a thing...

im surprised 'team stacking' threads are still a thing :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:37 am 

BCPull wrote:
Official servers are likely to be the first exposure to the game for the newest of new players. There's an incentive there to work towards even matches.

animatics -- I sent the Devs the whitepaper on the cool algorithm the GR:Phantoms research consultants developed that aims to "maximize fun" (as opposed to "maximize balance"). They looked at it, at least :) I've also posted info on the forums in the past on a method for estimating player skill using a similar approach. No idea if they'd ever run with any of those kinds of techniques, though.

I'm holding on to the hope that they'll create an incentive for strong players to join the weaker side. It may come down to how systems like the unlocks are designed. Build that system purely around number of kills, for example, and it creates an incentive to stack teams and mow down new players to unlock everything more quickly. Build it around the strength of opposition you're facing, where killing a tough opponent counts more than a weak one, and there's a reason to join the weaker team.

I like the idea of incentives.

A lower honor player would get more XP securing a higher honor.
A higher honor player would get more XP for reviving a lower honour
A lower honor gets more XP for killing a higher honor.

It reminds me of league of legends after you kill someone who is feeding/dieing alot and after 4-5 deaths they are only worth 75 gold a kill instead of 300.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:04 am 

BCPull wrote:
(...) animatics -- I sent the Devs the whitepaper on the cool algorithm the GR:Phantoms research consultants developed that aims to "maximize fun" (as opposed to "maximize balance"). They looked at it, at least :) I've also posted info on the forums in the past on a method for estimating player skill using a similar approach. No idea if they'd ever run with any of those kinds of techniques, though. (...)

(...) I'm holding on to the hope that they'll create an incentive for strong players to join the weaker side. (...)

Great! With all the offtopic I missed the juice of the replies x) What's maximizing the fun vs maximizing the balance?

The second point would be ok to avoid the fuss of stats, but I think its made invalid by being an incentive. That doesn't motivate anyone, especially those that know they are tilting the table a lot and keep going. Plus in AA there's really not many incentives. Honor? Achievements? Nothing really.

Thanks for stopping by.

=IK=Doba= wrote:
I don't get what people expect? so if its 3-0 does the server auto scramble? and then when its 3-3 should it not again because the other team won 3 in a row? so should the server scramble maybe every 2-3 game?

The only thing that can be done is accept it and stop posting a new complaint post about it. We've already had one of these reach a high page count, and it proved nothing.

So beat it comptard. You're the one making noise and providing 0. Pub is the game, comp is an apendix. Try to have AA without pub.
"Stop whining" about "whining", "deal with it". No one cares about your skill, score or ego. Oh and instruct your clan members to not teamkill people in pubs at spawn because they aren't happy someone else picked up sniper. Appreciated

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion