Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ambient noise level
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:28 pm
Posts: 94
I'm surprised that nobody has addressed the issue of footsteps being heard from the floor above you. On hospital map, you can hear footsteps from the 2nd floor as clear as you can hear them right next to you. This is far from realistic. I too used 5.1 surround headphones and sometimes just cant tell the difference. Definitely something I think need some looking into


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ambient noise level
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:41 am
Posts: 1512
SpugEddy wrote:
I'm surprised that nobody has addressed the issue of footsteps being heard from the floor above you. On hospital map, you can hear footsteps from the 2nd floor as clear as you can hear them right next to you. This is far from realistic. I too used 5.1 surround headphones and sometimes just cant tell the difference. Definitely something I think need some looking into

I believe that's supposed to be fixed with WWISE implementation in the final release.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ambient noise level
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:41 am
Posts: 2575
BCPull wrote:
SpugEddy wrote:
I'm surprised that nobody has addressed the issue of footsteps being heard from the floor above you. On hospital map, you can hear footsteps from the 2nd floor as clear as you can hear them right next to you. This is far from realistic. I too used 5.1 surround headphones and sometimes just cant tell the difference. Definitely something I think need some looking into

I believe that's supposed to be fixed with WWISE implementation in the final release.

It better be

_________________
eelslap.com

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ambient noise level
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:07 pm
Posts: 320
Location: St Louis, MO
rokis wrote:
jeee wrote:
I think its too loud. But I also think the footsteps are too loud. So I guess it is a good way to cover up footsteps.


Really?

I think ambient is way too loud and it annoys the hell out of me.
As for the footsteps, I find them ok. I really have to concentrate though due to the crappy sound engine. Perhaps new engine will drastically change a lot of it? For me vertical sound is critical, but not as important as actually having clear footsteps sound. I also wanna be able to hear it reliably (cough spring street banks cough)

Mess with your EQ settings a little more. The ambient noises are on the low frequencies. My thought is that you have your volume up pretty high so you can hear the footsteps at the level you want (probably louder than the Devs intended) and that makes the ambient sound much higher. I play with system volume at like 30%.

_________________
Image

Twitch.tv
Youtube channel


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ambient noise level
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:41 am
Posts: 2575
Yea, I turn up my treble +12 db, and ever since I did that A. Everyone sounds like a girl, and B. I can hear footsteps super easy. C. Guns sound like tin cans rattling on a gravel driveway and it drives me insane.

_________________
eelslap.com

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ambient noise level
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:07 pm
Posts: 320
Location: St Louis, MO
You get use to it.

_________________
Image

Twitch.tv
Youtube channel


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ambient noise level
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:39 am
Posts: 102
uni-sol wrote:
when that silly '3 minute long SAW fire' bug happens and you cranked your headphones, instant tinnitus :lol:


There's a fix for that.
I mean... I'm like most comp players and only tweak my ini for "performance", but you can fix that problem for the most part.

_________________
[Dev]TheTots wrote:
If this thread could be about the OP that would just be spectacular.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ambient noise level
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:41 am
Posts: 2575
jeee wrote:
You get use to it.

Yea I'm used to it, now whenever I turn it off everything sounds like darth vader -.-

_________________
eelslap.com

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ambient noise level
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:41 am
Posts: 2575
Vortex^ wrote:
uni-sol wrote:
when that silly '3 minute long SAW fire' bug happens and you cranked your headphones, instant tinnitus :lol:


There's a fix for that.
I mean... I'm like most comp players and only tweak my ini for "performance", but you can fix that problem for the most part.

Really?
I still have that bug sometimes...

_________________
eelslap.com

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ambient noise level
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:39 am
Posts: 102
Frigid wrote:
Vortex^ wrote:
uni-sol wrote:
when that silly '3 minute long SAW fire' bug happens and you cranked your headphones, instant tinnitus :lol:


There's a fix for that.
I mean... I'm like most comp players and only tweak my ini for "performance", but you can fix that problem for the most part.

Really?
I still have that bug sometimes...


Well the audio tweaks can muffle most gunfire so you can hear footsteps over it, and the constatnt fire isn't so bad when it's muffled.

_________________
[Dev]TheTots wrote:
If this thread could be about the OP that would just be spectacular.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron