Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Returning Player. Gone for a very loong time.
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:52 pm 

Hi all,

I've been playing AAO very active back in....don't laugh....2001. I loved it and played competitive matches with my clan.

I now want to return to a competitive fps and am on the fence between AA Proving Grounds an CS:GO. Yes I know..big difference.
What I'm worried about is that Americas Army has become just yet another fps. The reason I used to like AAO that much is because of it's realism and required tactical play.
But I've read that dead is not = dead anymore and you can actually "revive" your squad? This is the reason I might as well just go with CS. I absolutely don't like the idea of "re-spawning" or "reviving" for that matter.

Also how is the community? Is it still actively played and would there be any good place (clan) for a beginner to join?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Returning Player. Gone for a very loong time.
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:34 pm 

Chivaz wrote:
Hi all,

I've been playing AAO very active back in....don't laugh....2001. I loved it and played competitive matches with my clan.

I now want to return to a competitive fps and am on the fence between AA Proving Grounds an CS:GO. Yes I know..big difference.
What I'm worried about is that Americas Army has become just yet another fps. The reason I used to like AAO that much is because of it's realism and required tactical play.
But I've read that dead is not = dead anymore and you can actually "revive" your squad? This is the reason I might as well just go with CS. I absolutely don't like the idea of "re-spawning" or "reviving" for that matter.

Also how is the community? Is it still actively played and would there be any good place (clan) for a beginner to join?

Thanks

You'll be glad to know that there is no reviving at all in competitive play. So don't worry about that. Everything else you'll just have to get used to. Just add some comp players on steam and practice, and ring for scrims, and a team will eventually pick you up.

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:05 pm 

Hi chivaz,

No,sry this game now is a fake fps (verry bad net code).
But we wait a new version(aapg) for,choice the best fps to 2015 =).

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:51 pm 

If you want to play a competitive FPS play CS:GO. CS:GO is a competitive game by design. AA is not. If you want consistent competitive play AAPG is not the game to play (at least not in its current state).

AA is a game that you can get very good at very quickly. If you want to ease back into FPS gaming AA might be a good choice. If you are looking to get into a game that will have some longevity and challenge you for the next couple of years CS would be a much better choice.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:10 pm 

easymode wrote:
If you want to play a competitive FPS play CS:GO. CS:GO is a competitive game by design. AA is not. If you want consistent competitive play AAPG is not the game to play (at least not in its current state).

AA is a game that you can get very good at very quickly. If you want to ease back into FPS gaming AA might be a good choice. If you are looking to get into a game that will have some longevity and challenge you for the next couple of years CS would be a much better choice.

I agree with this assessment. That said, hopefully upcoming changes to AA's map pool, along with changes with release, could improve that situation. For the moment, though, Easy's correct.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion