Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Have a good one...
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:18 pm 

SomeOtherName wrote:
This topic has taken some interesting turns. It was meant to wish the dev. team and players the best (as I know some personally and have lamented to them AA's trajectory).

I have uninstalled the game, steam, and set it all on the shelf. I will review the comments after the release, but if the return to a more realistic game play is not there, there will be no reason to return.

Unlike some others, I know what I like, and know where it doesn't exist.

Enjoy and have a great one...

GG and farewell man, i must be the some other, because i know what i like, and i know where it doesn't exist, if you find a decent game that offers the things you wish for let me know, i will be there in a second

@ BCPull I didn't oppose his ideas, i was trying to get the point across that many other people yourself included wish for an increased skill gap knowing it will help with player retention and immersion factor, and that some of the things that increase a skill gap fall hand in hand with quote "realism" (/ were in AA2) not everyone wants a mindless game where you don't have to think, 90% of the thinking is done for you.. I like a challenge, and knowing the person that killed me got the kill based off skill, not 1000 different visual indicators that let them know my exact position.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:38 pm 

If your gonna quit the game then why make a poor me post about it. Just delete the game and move on. Too many people live their lives over the net looking for some sort of social attention they don't get in their own lives.
Just leave with some dignity

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:49 pm 

$tatus wrote:

@ BCPull I didn't oppose his ideas, i was trying to get the point across that many other people yourself included wish for an increased skill gap knowing it will help with player retention and immersion factor, and that some of the things that increase a skill gap fall hand in hand with quote "realism" (/ were in AA2) not everyone wants a mindless game where you don't have to think, 90% of the thinking is done for you.. I like a challenge, and knowing the person that killed me got the kill based off skill, not 1000 different visual indicators that let them know my exact position.

You called Badabing out of being a troll and his ideas lacking logic somehow you mixed me in this whole thing as you try to counter every of his comments following a grudge match from another topic.

The 1000 visual indicators letting the other team know your position is called spotting ,is only 1 indicator and available to all players on both teams to make it fair yes even you have it.To trigger effective spotting requires someone from the other team to have you in his sights and push the spotting button.Happy to clear this up for you.

Image Image

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:52 pm 

This game continues to alienate fans of past versions in search of and favoring a different "group" of players entirely. The bad thing is, it hasn't been successful. So now they are losing everyone. Stale graphs showing numbers improving have blinded the developers of the reality of it. This game is losing.

You bunch of fools!
Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:45 pm 

I think we have all been in your shoes OP.....
I played aa2 religiously and then dropped aa when they released 3. Then came back for aapg, then left....and am now back (again).

It happens to the best of us, just give it some time and perhaps your view will change down the road after some major updates?

Cheers

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:15 pm 

_V@POR_ wrote:
I think we have all been in your shoes OP.....
I played aa2 religiously and then dropped aa when they released 3. Then came back for aapg, then left....and am now back (again).

It happens to the best of us, just give it some time and perhaps your view will change down the road after some major updates?

Cheers

Thank you, I would love nothing more than to return. That was my hope when trying AAPG.

P.S. I would also like to see your VIP performance.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:01 pm 

Dem@n wrote:
You called Badabing out of being a troll and his ideas lacking logic somehow you mixed me in this whole thing as you try to counter every of his comments following a grudge match from another topic.

The 1000 visual indicators letting the other team know your position is called spotting ,is only 1 indicator and available to all players on both teams to make it fair yes even you have it.To trigger effective spotting requires someone from the other team to have you in his sights and push the spotting button.Happy to clear this up for you.

Firstly, i made a comparison regarding you, it wasn't targeted at you, it was you who mixed your self up in this, secondly, i have no grudge against anyone in this community except those that cheat. Sometimes i like poking at people for fun, but that's all it is intended to be, is fun.

Also. Thank you kindly for the in depth description dem@n, i was not aware of this spotting feature you speak of, only 2800 hours of gameplay till i catch up to your depth of knowledge, and I started playing AAPG before you..
I mean there's no other possible ways of knowing where enemies are, you can't camp dead team mates waiting for them to get zipped while watching their player handle disappear through walls, you can't see friendlies names disappear at all times through all walls when they die.. I mean clearly enemy spotting is the 1 - only visual indicator.

Dem@n wrote:
More like a never ending grudge you try to keep alive combined with a series of hidden insults topped with misinterpretation on purpose.What a waste of time you are.
This entire quote Sounds like you're describing yourself.. i'm sure you can manage to fit in the time judging by the large amount of game hours you've logged in such a short period of time, you average what? 8+ hours a day for the last 450 days?.. regardless of the matter, I'm sure if you try hard enough you'll find the time..
Anyhow back on topic, all you're trying to do is drag this on and on to bring moderators into this again for the personal attention..
This thread is regarding this gentlemens departure. which i wish you all the best bud, and I hope the final release can bring back some of the dwindling playerbase

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:34 pm 

Interesting thread haha.

$tatus wrote:
Which is why these threads KEEP getting made, because NO ONE is in favor of these ideas you continue to beat down

BCPull wrote:
I'm in favor of things like:
- a TDM mode (or any alternate mode offering gameplay variety, even if just for "aim" maps)
- bringing in the SMG (for variety if nothing else)
- creating maps with better-defined lanes and more "closed" gameplay where chokepoints play a defining role
- reducing grenade power

Oh snap the very next post conflicting you lol.

$tatus wrote:
which is why these threads keep popping up from different people, and why if you search back months in the forums, the same threads are there, but different people, because the people that argued in favor of everything you argue against have all either
given up & quit the game,
stopped coming on the forums because they were getting 0 feedback from officials,

Most of the players that have made these overly dramatic threads about leaving are AA2 die hards. I am never the only one that is arguing against these suggestions like "double deaths", Weapon movement penalties and grenade strength.

$tatus wrote:
and sick of having to deal with trolls like you.

He asked for respawns and an smg omg what a troll.

SomeOtherName Is that your actual name or do you go by another name to remain anonymous?

SomeOtherName wrote:
I have uninstalled the game, steam, and set it all on the shelf. I will review the comments after the release, but if the return to a more realistic game play is not there, there will be no reason to return.

Busted, my spider sense was tingling from the first post. You would only uninstall Steam if it was the only game you play. I am then going to take a wild stab in the dark and suggest you reference your AAPG game experience to AA2 so much because that is the only game you have had experience with?

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:51 pm 

agree with Dem@n & Hyper, ppl post g'bye and we see them again...no need to post it.

BTW, tx for this great beta Dev's! i have a blast playing it every day...really looking forward to the FV, it can only get better.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion