Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Impossible to double KO
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:09 pm 

Movax12 wrote:
Why is this not possible in AAPG?

This should be possible - it sure would be in real life.

This is a video game.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:22 pm 

Cool, lets add health pickups and shield belts.. and the BFG!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:08 pm 

Movax12 wrote:
Cool, lets add health pickups and shield belts.. and the BFG!

10 points for not saying kill streaks.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:11 pm 

well health pickups and shield belts make for way better gameplay vs. regenerating health garbage :).

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:29 am 

what? no one mentioned rocket-jumps? T_T

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:28 am 

TheBadaBing! wrote:
and the BFG!

oh, bifocal glasses. good one!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:20 pm 

Its quiet fine the way it is, you're really not missing that much. I've seen quite often where a gun fight takes place and the winning party dies from bleed out since the hits were so close. Or even if the winner has "enough time" to bandage they are often enough not able to since they're to busy trying to run for cover from new enemy fire or to get to a place to heal and bleed out on the way.

In this situation the shooter who died still gets the kill credit for the bleed out.

I much prefer it this way then magic lag double kills wiping both parties simultaneously....

I think it currently balances realistic with actual game play pretty decent. Lets not try to swing to far in either direction.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:54 pm 

TheBadaBing! wrote:
Realism takes yet another loss in this battle. Its been said before but it was not satisfying for the player and felt that no one had won the shoot out. Even more so when it decided a round victory.

I have a feeling you'd be most happy with MS paint quality graphics, laser lines that point to where all the enemies are, infinite ammo, 1 kill killstreaks, as long as it stemmed as far away from realism as possible.. why don't you just go watch a low budget war movie, or a cheesy action flick, that way all you have to do is watch, you don't even have to play, then you can be so happy about how easy, and unrealistic it is.

as for the tradefire deaths, it became extremely annoying, i can recall one match I had 3 trade fire deaths, and that was when it was best of 11 rounds, not best of 15..
although to look back on it was quite hilarious as frustrating as it was.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:04 pm 

$tatus wrote:
TheBadaBing! wrote:
Realism takes yet another loss in this battle. Its been said before but it was not satisfying for the player and felt that no one had won the shoot out. Even more so when it decided a round victory.

I have a feeling you'd be most happy with MS paint quality graphics, laser lines that point to where all the enemies are, infinite ammo, 1 kill killstreaks, as long as it stemmed as far away from realism as possible.. why don't you just go watch a low budget war movie, or a cheesy action flick, that way all you have to do is watch, you don't even have to play, then you can be so happy about how easy, and unrealistic it is.

as for the tradefire deaths, it became extremely annoying, i can recall one match I had 3 trade fire deaths, and that was when it was best of 11 rounds, not best of 15..
although to look back on it was quite hilarious as frustrating as it was.

If what you mentioned above gave good, playable, fun, competitive gameplay, then yes, I would take it...quality of the game comes from, well, quality, not realism.

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:19 pm 

Frigid wrote:
If what you mentioned above gave good, playable, fun, competitive gameplay, then yes, I would take it...quality of the game comes from, well, quality, not realism.

Yes, it really sounds that what I described above would make for all of these things.
quality of game also comes from increased skill gap, which is why COD has to release a new game every 12 months, AAPG is not planned to be a 12 month game, games with low skill gap do not have long lifespans, this is not opinion, its known fact..
and i do agree to an extent on quality vs realism, but this game supports neither
realistic weapon firing in the most unrealistic, visually spoonfed environment.
whats going to happen when all the people recruited because of this game, get in a real life battle or training situation.. when they can't see their teammates names across the planet through a million walls, or wonder why when an enemy is spotted there isn't a large red handle identifier on them through walls etc, are they going to rage quit real life? Now i know this is just a game, but people should be at-least interested in using a small fraction of their brain to play it, not have every team mate and enemy on a drawing board displayed right in front of you.. is it fun for you knowing where everyone is with out having to think? you like playing a teambased game that has so many features that detract from actual teamwork?
if so thats fine, just dont complain about a shrinking player base, and low player retention, and a growing turnover rate of players.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion