Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Impossible to double KO
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:38 am
Posts: 1236
$tatus wrote:
TheBadaBing! wrote:
Realism takes yet another loss in this battle. Its been said before but it was not satisfying for the player and felt that no one had won the shoot out. Even more so when it decided a round victory.

I have a feeling you'd be most happy with MS paint quality graphics, laser lines that point to where all the enemies are, infinite ammo, 1 kill killstreaks, as long as it stemmed as far away from realism as possible.. why don't you just go watch a low budget war movie, or a cheesy action flick, that way all you have to do is watch, you don't even have to play, then you can be so happy about how easy, and unrealistic it is.

as for the tradefire deaths, it became extremely annoying, i can recall one match I had 3 trade fire deaths, and that was when it was best of 11 rounds, not best of 15..
although to look back on it was quite hilarious as frustrating as it was.


So you agree with me on the "trading fire deaths" but because i think "trading fire deaths" was stupid i suddenly want all that dumb poop you listed? Okay you make lots of sense.

This is the typical crap the older gentleman spew out when someone asks for modern features like Close Combat Maps, TDM, SMG's or anything else that is not traditional to AA. We suddenly want to turn it into CoD and have kill streaks etc.

$tatus wrote:
whats going to happen when all the people recruited because of this game, get in a real life battle or training situation.. when they can't see their teammates names across the planet through a million walls, or wonder why when an enemy is spotted there isn't a large red handle identifier on them through walls etc, are they going to rage quit real life?


What happened to Harry Potter when he went to wizard school and found out that its not like World of Warcraft. Nothing because hes not a moron.

_________________
Your warning level: [ 1 ]

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated


Last edited by TheBadaBing! on Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Impossible to double KO
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:36 am
Posts: 165
TheBadaBing! wrote:

So you agree with me on the "trading fire deaths" but because i think "trading fire deaths" was stupid i suddenly want all that dumb poop you listed? Okay you make lots of sense.

This is the typical crap the older gentleman spew out when someone asks for modern features like Close Combat Maps, TDM, SMG's or anything else that is not traditional to AA. We suddenly want to turn it into CoD and have kill streaks etc.

What happened to Harry Potter when he went to wizard school and found out like its not like World of Warcraft. Nothing because hes not a moron.


1) i'm 26 if that qualifies me as an older gentlemen anyone over 40 must be on way to retirement home

2) Modern features?!? my favorite game of all time was MOHAA the original one i downloaded the demo/beta 15 years ago the day after it came out, bought the full game the day it came out, it was a slightly unrealistic game yes, but it had an outstandingly LARGE skill gap for a game of that time, and in turn was the most fun game i ever played, I probably played MOHAA a good 3-6 hours a day on and off for the better part of 8 years (thousands of hours), and every time i played it i was just as happy and excited as the first time,, which is why it lasted as a successful game for 10 years with 0 updates - people even still actively play it like a religion, and the last update was what 13 years ago or so? . It had all those features you listed, matter of fact most FPS/Shooter games had everything you listed back then. AA1 was actually the FPS IMO that broke this trend of extremely fast pace run and gun, and was extremely successful as a result.. so to call us Old geezers because we've been there, done this, tried that, makes you a hypocrite in a sense, because you want the style of game that was popular well before AA1 which in a sense i should be calling you the old geezer, I don't care so much for realism as i do an increased skill gap, it just so happens the things i mention to increase the skill gap involve realism. You ever think maybe we say these things regarding kill streaks etc, because of the things you say regarding us "old guys" and "realismers', if you're going to generalize us, expect to be generalized back, but as a young pup, you cant grasp the concept that you will get back whatever you put in. it's ok though, I've got nothing against the youth, not even their inability to listen to people that have been around the block a few times and base their opinion off of life experience, and wisdom, i was you once too, and one day you will be me.

3. You half-missed the point, but you nailed it at the end of your statement when you said "moron" which is exactly what i implied, is the game being targeted toward inept morons that need everything visually fed to them so they have a false sense of skill and accomplishment, and a far greater chance at beating someone that is leaps and bounds ahead of them skill wise. If you want a game that involves a gamble, and no skill, flipping coins may be right up your ally


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Impossible to double KO
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:54 pm
Posts: 1230
TheBadaBing! wrote:
What happened to Harry Potter when he went to wizard school and found out like its not like World of Warcraft. Nothing because hes not a moron.



I laughed.

_________________
HEY MAN NICE SHOT


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Impossible to double KO
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:38 am
Posts: 1236
$tatus wrote:
Yes, it really sounds that what I described above would make for all of these things.
quality of game also comes from increased skill gap, which is why COD has to release a new game every 12 months, AAPG is not planned to be a 12 month game, games with low skill gap do not have long lifespans, this is not opinion, its known fact..


Traditionally CoD used to be on a 2 year game cycle and all 3 of those games lasted for 5 years+ after release. They switched to a 1 year cycle with 2 studios making alternate games because it made them a bucket full of money aimed at the console market ditching all the traditional PC features like dedicated servers, configs, console, lean etc.

$tatus wrote:
2) Modern features?!? my favorite game of all time was MOHAA the original one i downloaded the demo/beta 15 years ago the day after it came out, bought the full game the day it came out, it was a slightly unrealistic game yes, but it had an outstandingly LARGE skill gap for a game of that time, and in turn was the most fun game i ever played, I probably played MOHAA a good 3-6 hours a day on and off for the better part of 8 years (thousands of hours), and every time i played it i was just as happy and excited as the first time,, which is why it lasted as a successful game for 10 years with 0 updates - people even still actively play it like a religion, and the last update was what 13 years ago or so? . It had all those features you listed, matter of fact most FPS/Shooter games had everything you listed back then. AA1 was actually the FPS IMO that broke this trend of extremely fast pace run and gun, and was extremely successful as a result.. so to call us Old geezers because we've been there, done this, tried that, makes you a hypocrite in a sense, because you want the style of game that was popular well before AA1 which in a sense i should be calling you the old geezer, I don't care so much for realism as i do an increased skill gap, it just so happens the things i mention to increase the skill gap involve realism. You ever think maybe we say these things regarding kill streaks etc, because of the things you say regarding us "old guys" and "realismers', if you're going to generalize us, expect to be generalized back, but as a young pup, you cant grasp the concept that you will get back whatever you put in. it's ok though, I've got nothing against the youth, not even their inability to listen to people that have been around the block a few times and base their opinion off of life experience, and wisdom, i was you once too, and one day you will be me.

3. You half-missed the point, but you nailed it at the end of your statement when you said "moron" which is exactly what i implied, is the game being targeted toward inept morons that need everything visually fed to them so they have a false sense of skill and accomplishment, and a far greater chance at beating someone that is leaps and bounds ahead of them skill wise. If you want a game that involves a gamble, and no skill, flipping coins may be right up your ally


This wall of text...... I will clarify what i mean by "modern features". Features that other modern games have that AA doesn't and players (not just me, others on this and the steam forum) feel the game could benefit from.

$tatus wrote:
You ever think maybe we say these things regarding kill streaks etc


I literally have no idea. Its puzzles me why people like you bring them up. People will be discussing TDM or lower round times and suddenly out of nowhere a CoD reference and "Next stop we will have kill streaks" on a feature that is no way comparable to kill streaks.

_________________
Your warning level: [ 1 ]

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Impossible to double KO
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 3018
.sauce wrote:
TheBadaBing! wrote:
What happened to Harry Potter when he went to wizard school and found out like its not like World of Warcraft. Nothing because hes not a moron.



I laughed.


me too lol

_________________
Image Image Hawkeye's 1300+ club
---------------------------------------------
http://www.twitch.tv/ironknightsdoba


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: