Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Please disable microphones...
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:21 am 

Dem@n wrote:
hint: hold tab + mouse click on the player you want = mute

you should ask for a mute upgrade expanding to chat messages instead of something allready in game

He only has an issue with incapped players talking. He obviously wants to be able to hear them when they're alive.

Maybe a 5 second window to report your position after incap (unless secured within that time) is something to consider.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:29 am 

hint: hold tab + mouse click on the player you previously muted while he was incapped = un mute

so happy to help

Image Image

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:01 am 

Dem@n wrote:
hint: hold tab + mouse click on the player you previously muted while he was incapped = un mute

so happy to help

Except you're not helping at all.

It's an issue that I don't particularly care about, but that doesn't mean it can't be discussed.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:58 am 

Only the realism guys have a problem with this :lol:

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:20 am 

Yesterday I came up to think that why you can scream like a pig in voip when you are choked... choking should end your communication with the team. Shouldnt it be a silent way to take out enemies?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:24 am 

It's a bigger problem than "press mute". That only means you alone don't hear it. It's an unfair advantage to have dead players or even incapped players report enemy locations or movements.

You can't completely avoid this because of TS and other voip programs, but it would help to remove this server option and have all servers disable chat on secure.

Spectate body shouldn't be a server option either.

We used to have official comp servers for a while didn't we? Why not copy all server settings that those servers had and make them standard for all servers?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:37 pm 

loc dog21 wrote:
We used to have official comp servers for a while didn't we? Why not copy all server settings that those servers had and make them standard for all servers?

Because a lot of people don't know how to make the game succeed

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:47 pm 

Tuksu.fin wrote:
Yesterday I came up to think that why you can scream like a pig in voip when you are choked... choking should end your communication with the team. Shouldnt it be a silent way to take out enemies?

You are switched to a separate chat when you are choked. Only people who are also getting choked at the exact same time can hear you, your teammates cannot.

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:27 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

DOPEmoves wrote:
doogle2d wrote:
Pick me up, hes by the ladder. Throw a smoke over there, okay go! Wait, he's coming down. Dude what are you doing?! Hey come back here mother [TOS Violation]!

I'm tking you next round. Everyone vote doogle.

Welcome to online gaming, if you want maturity play "project reality". from time to time you will get those types of people. I don't feel pressured to get teammates up if it is not for the good of the team or even myself, I pick and choose. And maybe its just me, when i'm up and I have a few teammates down, im flooding the mic asking for intel. Enemy positions, flag positions, vote doogle, sniper locations and yes, downed teammates status. Sitreps are amazing tools. Your military dude, you tell me. Alot of people are over exaggerating, I've been TKked probably 10 times with over 1000 hours ingame and kick maybe twice.

arrogant me: I don't want or need a coach to tell me how to play.

military me: Intel is great, but it's extremely time sensitive. If player X died in South Alley 2 minutes ago by a guy sitting behind blue dumpster, I'm not gonna blindly chunk a nade to the dumpster just because he's blabbing his mouth on comms. A good player will kill and move depending on the size of the server. If he didn't move, then I'm confident I'll kill him w/o suggestions from the peanut gallery anyway.

You're right though, I've also rarely been intentionally tk'd due to ignoring that 45 year old man wearing camo pants playing this game who is telling me how to maneuver through a map.

I said it when I first found AAPG via AAO Assist...I disliked the public comms because I felt it took away from the exclusive feeling of a good clan w/ good (external) comms. I still agree today, and prefer to have my folks in TS3 versus public voip.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion