Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Classes Suggestion.
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:52 pm 

I actually do expect serious commentary on these suggestions. So if there's someone who has the guts to talk straight and not hide behind funny-miffing stuff, I would appreciate that pretty much!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:03 pm 

I like the idea of the LAR. The gun, to me, is less important than the ability to be more effective on the attack. Faster ready times from sprint and faster ADS times are more important than the weapon in question, at least to me, so whatever SMG/rifle/weapon they decide to use is fine as long as it works in a CQB environment.

The special gunner class I'm personally not interested in because it's just variations on the assault rifle and adds, to me, complexity for the sake of complexity more than for the sake of good gameplay. Extra weapons does not mean a better game, nor does variation, so unless you are willing to go into more detail on why this class would have value, I wouldn't support it.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:12 am 

Alright. I am fine with your argument, you've made sense in it mate. xD It's highly appreciated.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:34 am 

TheBadaBing! wrote:
X-root wrote:
As long as the implementation done correctly and thoughtful I don't mind seeing MP5 in game, but as I wish for the game play to slow down a bit, I would be against this "Class" that would be even faster and shooting everything that moves.

It's fine as is. Like has been said 1000 times before let AA2 go. Stop trying to make the game even more of an advantage to defense, campers, door watchers. You keep trying to imagine the game play with maps that are from another game.

Yeah lets keep this game like a poor mans CoD!!! No tactics, run and gun baby! I like camping, door watching ect ..especially on defense.. On offense you need to be tactical! If people agree with this guy, then I see a fail in the making... AAPG will offer no more than COD.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:11 am 
Veteran
Veteran

Hopefully NONE of these will ever come out. This game is supposed to represent a real US Army infantry squad is organized. Nothing you mentioned in the first post exists.

If make believe stuff like that ever happens, I can only hope the Army will pull it's support and cancel the game.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:53 am 

Unicorn01 wrote:
Hopefully NONE of these will ever come out. This game is supposed to represent a real US Army infantry squad is organized. Nothing you mentioned in the first post exists.

If make believe stuff like that ever happens, I can only hope the Army will pull it's support and cancel the game.

You must be a bag of fun if you class an MP5 as make believe stuff.

I hate to say it but its opinions from players like yourself over the years that have help keep this game in the dust compared to other games.

Other games be like "How can we make this newer/better?".

The existing community here be like "Why is this not exactly like before?".

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:12 pm 

TheBadaBing! wrote:

its all about them happy memories of times past. 'asking' for a graphically updated version of AA2 and getting AA3 dampened their spirits it may seem :lol:

i bet they still like house brick sized mobile phones too.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:53 pm 

double delete pls

Last edited by loc dog21 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:56 pm 

loc dog21 wrote:
uni-sol wrote:
TheBadaBing! wrote:

its all about them happy memories of times past. 'asking' for a graphically updated version of AA2 and getting AA3 dampened their spirits it may seem :lol:

i bet they still like house brick sized mobile phones too.

No the existing community does not be like that...

It's been said and repeated many, many times now by different people that the goal is to have them make the game similar to AA2 (massive unique success btw) but not a clone. Stop marginalizing people who have a different opinion. Most people who agree with me don't even post on these forums anymore and when someone new does they get ridiculed, mainly by the endboss troll of these forums which is TheBadaBing. Stop it already will ya -.-

If you keep brushing "AA2 style advocates" aside and say they are stuck in the past then i could just as easily brush everyone else off as being COD kids and keep repeating it untill people actually believe it. Because what you advocate is undeniably closer to COD than the AA series. Now tell me, is that a fair assumption to make?

There are plenty of mainstream shooters with all of tha bling, every gun known to man, scooters, jetpacks, drones, you name it. So why try to change the only game that isn't "that" game into that which already exists in abundance.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:30 pm 

sorry you are wrong too. i know AA2 was a good game (in them days) but if you released that game today, forgetting about its past.. do you honestly think it would be as successful? i dont think it would. times, trends and habits have changed.

fact is, young people like all the guns and perks, big explosions, vehicles and diversity in games they play.. they just simply enjoy shooters with such things, keeps the brains active and engaged, i watch my son play games and he amazes me, instant reminder of my younger self :mrgreen: i guess it makes them more fun to play.. i dont know? maybe?

basically, thats the target audience that AA want to grasp and have the attention of, young people.. not 30+ year olds gagging for AA2 back, they (young people) are the reason we are still playing AA, they wouldnt even make the game if they werent trying to grab attention of young people, young American people to be exact :lol:

AA needs to be different than other shooters yes, and it is.. but with the restraints they must have (due to ESRB and subject matter) its gonna be hard, no matter what they put in the game. they need to get a grip on the new tech now, forget about 'what once was' and concentrate on the future.. just as its very own players do.

we oldies are just along for the 'free' ride and help playernumber milestones :mrgreen:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion