Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Simulator Please
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:31 am 

Having played each of the AA versions, they have continued to devolve from combat simulator to COD/BF standards. The latest is the worst. This is even more evident by the lack of teamwork and primary focus on killing the other team vs. completing the actual mission.

Some things to return AA to what its mission was:

1) 50% movement reduction on damage. A soldier gets shot, he isn't so fast anymore.
2) Limited run. You can only run so long with all this gear.
3) Knock back. You get hit by a round, your aim goes offline and maybe even knocked to the floor. Not so much for arm shots, but chest should definitely do this.
4) Requirement to complete the objective.
5) Return of VIP.
6) Grenade concussive force. Just because I am behind a half wall does no mean my ears don't ring and I suffer the concussive effects.
7) A dead player is a dead player. Each player gets 2 health applications. It stops your bleeding does not revive or give you extra health.
8) Multiple grenades/flashes makes you deaf with continuous ringing.
9) Bullets originate from muzzle. Just because I can see you doesn't mean I have clearance for the shot.
10) No walking snipers. Quick shot doesn't exist.

Also, other game notes:

1) Snipers seem to have way too much allowance for hit detection. I have been way outside a target and given a kill. Not sure what is up. Other times, dead no, no damage...

2) Return of squads/groups/whatever. The ability to team with 2-3 players and assign coverage, objectives, etc.

3) Stealth missions. Get in, get the objective, get out with as few interactions as possible.

4) Shoot a corpse, he is gone. No more revive.

5) Have objectives that require more than one person. This is to reinforce teamwork and squad based activities.

6) Quick command language - cover left, cover right, hold, etc.

I would really like to see AA develop a game style which supports the Army methods and ethos.

Post subject: Re: Simulator Please
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:38 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

i agree with most

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:02 pm 

SomeOtherName wrote:
Having played each of the AA versions, they have continued to devolve from combat simulator to COD/BF standards. The latest is the worst. This is even more evident by the lack of teamwork and primary focus on killing the other team vs. completing the actual mission.

Some things to return AA to what its mission was:

1) 50% movement reduction on damage. A soldier gets shot, he isn't so fast anymore.
2) Limited run. You can only run so long with all this gear.
3) Knock back. You get hit by a round, your aim goes offline and maybe even knocked to the floor. Not so much for arm shots, but chest should definitely do this.
4) Requirement to complete the objective.
5) Return of VIP.
6) Grenade concussive force. Just because I am behind a half wall does no mean my ears don't ring and I suffer the concussive effects.
7) A dead player is a dead player. Each player gets 2 health applications. It stops your bleeding does not revive or give you extra health.
8) Multiple grenades/flashes makes you deaf with continuous ringing.
9) Bullets originate from muzzle. Just because I can see you doesn't mean I have clearance for the shot.

Also, other game notes:

1) Snipers seem to have way too much allowance for hit detection. I have been way outside a target and given a kill. Not sure what is up. Other times, dead no, no damage...

2) Return of squads/groups/whatever. The ability to team with 2-3 players and assign coverage, objectives, etc.

3) Stealth missions. Get in, get the objective, get out with as few interactions as possible.

4) Shoot a corpse, he is gone. No more revive.

5) Have objectives that require more than one person. This is to reinforce teamwork and squad based activities.

6) Quick command language - cover left, cover right, hold, etc.

I would really like to see AA develop a game style which supports the Army methods and ethos.

Typical "realism" bull poop.

Hey why do all these cool dudes that come here wanting to play OAP simulator 2015 always moan about the speed of guns etc like the sniper....

SomeOtherName wrote:

But never try to correct the SAW running around hospital like Rambo. Ah yeah thats right because that is the granddad gun that all these players use.... Why nerf your own gun right??

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:11 pm 

That's not a saw.And rambo is OP.

Games don't create violence, CVARS does!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:30 pm 

Flatlander wrote:
That's not a saw.And rambo is OP.

m60?

and the game is far from reality now. It won't ever be again, and no one really wants it. I think the game should be as close to competition as possible. There is a hell of a lot more exposure that way. Imagine AAPG logos everywhere instead of CSGO logos? Sweet recruiting tool nah?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:34 pm 

I think it would be sick if you could engage rambo mode.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:41 pm 

Really not meant as an offense but why you dont play cs then? Is it because the "big comp dogs" there are more bada$$ than you and you couldnt compete? And here you are in a topteam(one from maybe 3 topteams), winning, and you wont give that up?

Seriously...cs,cs,cs here and there.You dont need another one.Its already available via steam ;)

Last edited by Flatlander on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:43 pm 

1, movement reduction on damage: Slows the game down. The penalty for low health needs only be that you're easy to kill. Boring gameplay. Increases defender's advantage even more when the attacker can't move in with any speed.

2, limited run: What's the point beyond simulator status? Running is already heavily penalized with recoil penalties.

3, knock back: First hit becomes guaranteed win in a gunfight. Removes player agency when aim is blown off. Getting knocked down when shot would probably drive a LOT of people away from the game. Another huge defender's advantage issue.

4, requirement for objective: This means the end of rounds are drawn out unnecessarily while people prone around, fearful for that last enemy, even though the entire team is dead. This is painfully bad for gameplay. Nobody wants to sit around for a minute waiting for the last enemy to realize all of the opponents are dead. With the current spectate system, you wouldn't even have anything to watch as even passive entertainment.

5, VIP: sure, fine.

6, grenade concussive force: grenades are already OP, they don't need to also be flashbangs-through-walls.

7, no revives: agree on this

8, flash+grenade tinnitus buff: Ears ringing for a long time sounds annoying, not interesting for gameplay.

9, bullets from muzzle: unnecessary complexity. Few games do this because it really doesn't add much. Lots of added complexity in animations, disconnect between player view & intent and what actually happens, etc. You're trying to solve a minor problem with a major code and gameplay rework.

10, M24 nerf: This is like new players coming to CS and complaining the AWP is too strong. Learn to play around it, it's got a long bolt cycle and there's only 1 guy in 12 that has it. This is a player failing more than anything else.

"Other notes" section:
1, hit detection: this doesn't depend on the gun you're using. Hit detection complaints without video & server setting info don't really mean much.

2, squads: meh, sure

3, stealth missions: interesting in a single player campaign, not so much for multiplayer PvP IMO. It was tried with Splinter Cell: Blacklist, I believe, though I never played it myself. The point there is a lot of extra game mechanics went in to making that an interesting hiders vs seekers dynamic.

4, shooting incaps: not gonna fly with the Army's messaging goals.

5, objs require 2+ players: I only see this working with "split" objectives. This can't be the only option or a team auto-loses if it's down to 1 player. Interesting idea as an option, can't see it being required for victory.

6, quick commands: just go get a microphone, they're cheap. Look at CS comp mode, nobody uses the in-game commands there for tactics because it's not even worth the keystrokes to bring up the menu. Radio commands are for cheap laughs during warmup and trolling.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:48 pm 

Flatlander wrote:
Really not meant as an offense but why you dont play cs then? Is it because the "big comp dogs" there are more bada$$ then you and you couldnt compete? And here you are in a topteam(one from maybe 3 topteams), winning, and you wont give that up?

Seriously...cs,cs,cs here and there.You dont need another one.Its already available via steam ;)

Many of the top players, NA and EU, have moved to CS already. My team was at top and has basically left. jCp was at the top and left. 2k2s was at the top and left. The top talent in the AA scene is already leaving or gone.

CS has had incredible growth in the past year. It would've been great if AA could've had some of that success instead.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:58 pm 

But why these topteams left? Maybe because it was to boring to play and win 99% of the time because of lack of good opponents?
Maybe they were too demanding and got upset that this BETA doesnt evolved as fast as they want and not exactly the way THEY want?

How you can blame the game for their very early leaving.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion