Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: ...AAPG needs outdoor/wilderness maps like right?
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:01 am 

Keebler_750 wrote:
Heh heh. Well, my map doesn't have any man made objects, but it's definitely outdoor! See the community missions section of this forum....

Yo Keebler! Don't be so modest. This thread is about outdoor/wilderness maps so, put in da link, Dude.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=16687

It's being hosted so people should go try it and give their constructive feedback.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:20 pm 

uni-sol wrote:
tis true, there are many outdoor maps available to play, but you gotta be willing to do two things.. have a server and a map with desired scenario (plenty of them in the workshop), then sit in that server hoping people will see it, subscribe, load up (possibly even crash with a timeout) and then play.

many hoops.. but players still want more maps? hmmm

to borrow a part quote from a film, "if you build it.."

nope, they never come :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=16451

My Maps
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... shopfiles/

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:54 pm 

TheBadaBing! wrote:
If someone could come up with an outdoor map but similar spacings and corner count to inner then it would be perfect.

*cough** shameless plug*

i tried that already :lol: granted it dont have bang on sightlines or is as dimensionally exact as inner is, also grenades can be thrown over buildings.. but from the little feedback i got, i was told it was fun to play and a good twist on the official, i even had a nice PM from a dev saying it was 'internally enjoyed' :mrgreen:

there are no snipers, SDMs or auto gunners, just pure rifleman only action.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =318024162

it was updated after the new patch so it should be good to go, but i have been meaning to further update the map to add in some comm volumes and other cool stuff. im lacking any sort of AA mojo right now, but hey if it suddenly appeared on 10 servers and were chocka block with players.. it might twist my arm enough to get it done :lol:

however, i dare say someone with better mapping skills could take a go of turning inner into something a little less inner and more outer.. and ultimately, if my map only serves as one purpose, it shows it 'can' be done with imagination :)

Post Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:07 am 

Here you go. They can be played on the 312th Custom Map Server or any server playing them. A good build of Alley is on 312th custom map server too. Just click subscribe once you open the links below. Then go into the 312th Custom Map Server. ***Custom Maps usually take at least 2 times to load the first time. So don't give up after the first time trying to load in.****

Forest Day
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =337406825

Forest Night
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =351670833

Alley
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =382973449

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:55 am 

uni-sol wrote:
TheBadaBing! wrote:
If someone could come up with an outdoor map but similar spacings and corner count to inner then it would be perfect.

*cough** shameless plug*

i tried that already :lol: granted it dont have bang on sightlines or is as dimensionally exact as inner is, also grenades can be thrown over buildings.. but from the little feedback i got, i was told it was fun to play and a good twist on the official, i even had a nice PM from a dev saying it was 'internally enjoyed' :mrgreen:

there are no snipers, SDMs or auto gunners, just pure rifleman only action.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =318024162

it was updated after the new patch so it should be good to go, but i have been meaning to further update the map to add in some comm volumes and other cool stuff. im lacking any sort of AA mojo right now, but hey if it suddenly appeared on 10 servers and were chocka block with players.. it might twist my arm enough to get it done :lol:

however, i dare say someone with better mapping skills could take a go of turning inner into something a little less inner and more outer.. and ultimately, if my map only serves as one purpose, it shows it 'can' be done with imagination :)

I didn't really mean a remake of inner but outdoors more about the same amount of routes and angles. Regardless of indoors/outdoors you cant compare inner to slums, coldfront,bridge,three kings,harbour. So why are they not making makes on par with the most popular map in the game.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:42 am 

I do like UMM.. :mrgreen: to reiterate my original point was that I wish that AAPG had some 360 degree outdoor maps built into the default list of maps. As it stands now the AA "Proving Grounds" are all urban riddled with choke points. There used to be a greater depth of variety with the core AA maps.

To each his own, we can all play which ever maps we like. The problem is not everyone is savy enough or willing to subscribe to UMM which decreases the amount of chances that everyone is likely to have every UMM installed on their PCs.

...i think i just re-re-re-interated myself self self :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:43 am 

Joshyutah wrote:

....the screenshots dont come up?!?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:21 am 

Hey, ninja boy...I liked your style! :) You try to grow this community in a positive...and funny :D...way.

Other people end up tearing the community apart with an arrogant and insulting approach to everything. This is the type of divisiveness I've warned about.

I think you're right...options, within the scope of the Army's vision for the game, are a good thing.

:)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:28 am 

Nothing says military realism like walking for 3 days only to be boom headshot from god knows where.... Ahh Radio Tower.... How I miss you.... :mrgreen: :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:49 am 

Keebler_750 wrote:
Other people end up tearing the community apart with an arrogant and insulting approach to everything.

Indeed. :roll:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion