Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: We need this training aid
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:39 pm 

@Special One, I tried out your barrier mode, and it seems after a while, they only start spawning one at a time, and after that point, there is no longer any challenge.

I think it's something like lvl 11 or 12 I'm not sure.

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:56 pm 

yeah but they come really really fast lol.. I was actually thinking if its possible to get them also running in an X pattern or random directions but always forward as the difficulty raises.. as it is now they just run forward.. it works but random would be harder and give it a more in game feel

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:54 pm 

Frigid wrote:
I tried out your barrier mode, and it seems after a while, they only start spawning one at a time, and after that point, there is no longer any challenge.

I think it's something like lvl 11 or 12 I'm not sure.

They should spawn always at the same rate, one every second. Maybe they get so fast, it gives the impression that they are spawning slower because we have to kill them so quickly.
I'll do some more testing to see if there is any bug with the spawns, if not maybe up the spawn rate a bit as the level increases.

=IK=Doba= wrote:
I was actually thinking if its possible to get them also running in an X pattern or random directions but always forward as the difficulty raises..

I wanted to that that, but couldn't really achieve it. The speed of the players is limited through code and I had to jump some hoops to change it. In that process I lost most of the control over the AI. I'll keep trying though.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:17 pm 

I mean like I'm able to kill them one at a time. Meaning one spawns, I kill him, then I wait, then another spawns, then I kill him, etc, etc.

This only happens after like a minute and a half.

Contact Me:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:43 pm 

SpecialOne wrote:
=IK=Doba= wrote:
I was actually thinking if its possible to get them also running in an X pattern or random directions but always forward as the difficulty raises..

I wanted to that that, but couldn't really achieve it. The speed of the players is limited through code and I had to jump some hoops to change it. In that process I lost most of the control over the AI. I'll keep trying though.

How about setting up targets in different location they can move/run to? Can that be set randomly thru kismet?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:21 pm 

Just uploaded a new version with some small changes to the barricade fire range.

- Bots move in random directions, also change direction midway through the hallway.
- Spawn rate increases a little bit every level.

Still tweaking things to see what feels right, figured its better to get some feedback before changing to much.

-=}WoLvErInE{=- wrote:
How about setting up targets in different location they can move/run to? Can that be set randomly thru kismet?

That was what I was trying to do, but giving the order to the pawn was overriding the speed change, I flipped things around and got it to work.

Frigid wrote:
I mean like I'm able to kill them one at a time. Meaning one spawns, I kill him, then I wait, then another spawns, then I kill him, etc, etc.

I played a few longer rounds and definitely see what you're saying, we start to get used to the pattern and becomes easier after a while. I increased the spawn rate a little bit per level, should make things a bit more difficult.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:22 pm 

SpecialOne wrote:
Just uploaded a new version with some small changes to the barricade fire range.

- Bots move in random directions, also change direction midway through the hallway.
- Spawn rate increases a little bit every level.

Still tweaking things to see what feels right, figured its better to get some feedback before changing to much.

-=}WoLvErInE{=- wrote:

That was what I was trying to do, but giving the order to the pawn was overriding the speed change, I flipped things around and got it to work.

Frigid wrote:

I played a few longer rounds and definitely see what you're saying, we start to get used to the pattern and becomes easier after a while. I increased the spawn rate a little bit per level, should make things a bit more difficult.

Oh my word you are so awesome

Contact Me:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:39 pm 

Ya just went to play it and found out lol.. well #@$##$# done sir

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:46 am 

inexperienced player question: how do i play this map?, i mean i dl it on steam right? i dont own a server so how do i play it????????, iam a little slow, plez help!

p.s. not trollin.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:50 am 

i aint tried it yet but i would assume its setup as a shoothouse mission rather than a normal map. (yes it is i just checked)

so you would download it from the workshop http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =391542487 (subscribe to it) then after its downloaded you will find the map in the launcher here

Play > Shoothouse > Workshop (a tab at the top)

btw when i click on available, the launcher crashes, does this happen to anyone else?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion