Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: We need this training aid
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:54 pm 

not sure about unlimited ammo (minus needing to reload) but you can change the total magazine count, giving you as much ammo as you may need.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:56 pm 

DragonEyez wrote:
I agree Sauce that the reloading disrupts the flow of practice. If at the end, you can not figure out a way to provide unlimited ammo, here's a method that WILL work. If you stand behind the weapons table and aim at the wall, you can just hit F every so often while shooting to "reload" the weapon, and it will give you the rifle with full ammunition, no need to reload. Incorporate this method from the correct start position.

I already found a way to change the amount of bullets. Right now each weapon has 9999 bullets, should be enough ;)

DragonEyez wrote:
- Also, how about changing the position of the score and start button low wall to allow for prone and crouched shooting.

- How about the option to shoot at the soldier model, just like the red circle. Somehow make the head always a one hit activate, and the torso depends on your selection on the board.

- How about an option to extend the width/size of the wall. When you start shooting from a distance, the wall is tiny in comparison to when its close.

Good ideas, I'll see what I can do.

DragonEyez wrote:
-Also, it seems the red dots don't like to go near the edges of the wall, maybe an option to increase difficulty by increasing/decreasing the spread of the dots.

That is actually a bug, I changed the size of the wall, but completely forgot to change the area where targets could spawn, the next version will have it fixed.

Other than that, I added an option to disable Accuracy cone, still has a few rough edges, but it will get there.

Since the unlimited ammo is such a great improvement, I'll update the map as soon as finish some polishing that has to be done before.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:33 pm 

SpecialOne wrote:
Other than that, I added an option to disable Accuracy cone, still has a few rough edges, but it will get there.

Is that a good idea?
You will never run into that condition in the game, so, if your used to the training, you're in for a surprise in the game.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:55 pm 

frankof wrote:
Is that a good idea?
You will never run into that condition in the game, so, if your used to the training, you're in for a surprise in the game.

The idea behind having an option to disable the cone is that if you only want to practice reaction time and aiming, you can do it without having to deal with bullets not being accurate. That way you can just focus and putting the crosshair on the target as fast as possible.
Its less about training the game and more about training our own physical abilities.

Obviously, to train gameplay conditions, the cone should be left enabled (it is by default).

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:56 pm 

How is it possible to disable the accuracy cone? Surely that's a hack that needs to be brought to someone's attention PRIVATELY?!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:06 pm 

Keebler_750 wrote:
How is it possible to disable the accuracy cone? Surely that's a hack that needs to be brought to someone's attention PRIVATELY?!

Its kind of a brute force way of doing it, but its not a hack lol.
Just changing weapon properties through kismet. Its not something that can be exploited by players in other maps.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:42 pm 

Hmm. Fair enough, I guess. You can understand the worry.... :)

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:43 am 

SpecialOne wrote:
Its less about training the game and more about training our own physical abilities.

Obviously, to train gameplay conditions, the cone should be left enabled (it is by default).

Just glad this is being done by someone that"gets it"

+1 on unlimited ammo
+1 on no randomness

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:01 pm 

SpecialOne wrote:
frankof wrote:
Is that a good idea?

The idea behind having an option to disable the cone is that if you only want to practice reaction time and aiming, you can do it without having to deal with bullets not being accurate. That way you can just focus and putting the crosshair on the target as fast as possible.

this guy understands the point oif the training map. I like you.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:15 pm 

Just published a new version on the workshop, hopefully everything works out relatively bug-free, some hours were spent hammering down some issues to make it as smooth as possible for you guys.

New stuff:
- Ability to toggle accuracy cone on or off.
- 'Unlimited' ammo.
- Started to streamline and overhaul the menu system to make it cleaner and faster, the file got around 10mb smaller despite adding some new stuff, pretty nice.
- New "Crack reaction training": Since bots were uncovered in the last few days, I played with them a little bit and made a kismet script to spawn some bots with some customizable options as well. From the time I spent messing with them, I feel this version of the bots is still very early, but there are already some nice possibilities.

Here's a video of the new stuff:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion