Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: We need this training aid
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:44 pm 

When you get to fire at so many enemies in a short amount of time, you notice the hit detection issues. Either that or I just have terrible aim. Could be a combination. Either way, makes you wonder if it's net code if you have these issues in an offline game.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:48 pm 

you would think, offline (pure client side play) as shoothouses are, would be pretty much perfect to how gameplay is intended.. since its not played over the internet.

i would assume its when you throw in a bunch of people from various locations on a server is when things can go a little south.

perhaps its not so much hit detection, it could be an issue with the bots themselves and how they are designed/coded? for example, some may have more health than others? or theyre just plain unfinished and buggy..

i cant say i have ever noticed any hit detection issues on my shoothouse, while testing its functionality or when just playing it.. but then thats shooting at metal targets :lol: which is why i question the AI.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:27 pm 

The bots have all the same default properties we have as players, health and everything else.

I think its more of a problem with the hitboxes than hit detection.
It seems to me like its not easy landing head shots from certain angles, I don't know if the arms' hitboxes get in the way or if its something else entirely.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:33 pm 

just want to thank you specialone, great training so far, if I may suggest, may be nice to have the option to reload or not, sometimes one would like to reload another just go with the "infinite" ammo.

jm2c.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 pm 

If you do LAN testing with two accounts, you will see that the "hit box" is exactly what you see. Aim slightly off the head.....no hit. Hit the backpack....no hit. The bots "should" be the same.

It's quite well done, IMO.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:02 pm 

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:29 pm 

Just published an update to the map.
Its been a few days since the last update, haven't had that much free time but I've been cooking some new stuff that I think is ready to be tested.

- New 'Time Attack' mode for the target practice: Targets don't have a lifetime like the regular mode and stay there until killed, the goal is to kill all targets as fast as possible. All settings for the normal mode work here except delay for obvious reasons. I feel like fighting against my own times makes this mode interesting.

- Teleporter: Quick way to move between different areas. The starting area was getting a little confusing, this way I can keep things clean and far apart.

- Sniper Range: Just a simple area to play with the sniper. Bots can be stationary or moving and spawn in set distances up to 250 meters.

- Arena: Where I spent most of my time to try and reach a good result. Instead of using an area from a stock map a kept it simple and made a layout inspired by Dust_2. Bots spawn in 3 places and move around. Its still very basic but from what I experienced, the AI in this version is still not ready for complex actions, I think its as far as I can go with the arena until a new update for the AI.
Also the bots do very little damage and we have health regeneration in the arena to make it harder to get killed and having to restart the map.

With new stuff, there's always the chance of some bugs appearing, so let me know if something goes terribly wrong.

Quick video:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:20 am 

SpecialOne wrote:
Just published an update to the map.
Its been a few days since the last update, haven't had that much free time but I've been cooking some new stuff that I think is ready to be tested.

- New 'Time Attack' mode for the target practice: Targets don't have a lifetime like the regular mode and stay there until killed, the goal is to kill all targets as fast as possible. All settings for the normal mode work here except delay for obvious reasons. I feel like fighting against my own times makes this mode interesting.

- Teleporter: Quick way to move between different areas. The starting area was getting a little confusing, this way I can keep things clean and far apart.

- Sniper Range: Just a simple area to play with the sniper. Bots can be stationary or moving and spawn in set distances up to 250 meters.

- Arena: Where I spent most of my time to try and reach a good result. Instead of using an area from a stock map a kept it simple and made a layout inspired by Dust_2. Bots spawn in 3 places and move around. Its still very basic but from what I experienced, the AI in this version is still not ready for complex actions, I think its as far as I can go with the arena until a new update for the AI.
Also the bots do very little damage and we have health regeneration in the arena to make it harder to get killed and having to restart the map.

With new stuff, there's always the chance of some bugs appearing, so let me know if something goes terribly wrong.

Quick video:

due to the sheer size of the space you made, thsoe bots needs to spawn much faster and move fast as well

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:41 am 

SpecialOne wrote:
Arena: Where I spent most of my time to try and reach a good result. Instead of using an area from a stock map a kept it simple and made a layout inspired by Dust_2. Bots spawn in 3 places and move around. Its still very basic but from what I experienced, the AI in this version is still not ready for complex actions, I think its as far as I can go with the arena until a new update for the AI.

Quick video:

Man, that looks awesome.. will have to test out the speed of the bots coming around the corners. but its exactly what I had in mind

If only the Devs listened like you.. this game would rock as good as this training aid wooot !!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:21 pm 

They are listening, but considering the amount of opposing opinions on different subjects requires for them to make certain decisions. I would say, sometimes democracy fails hard ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion