Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Keeping Enemy Weapons
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:03 am 

The way I see it is the enemy guns come with a punch yet harsher mechanics, but still an advantage if you pick one up. However it becomes a reward for killing the opfor, so if one of my team mates dies from a distance beside me, I shouldnt be rewarded with an opfor weapon! I should see it as an M4 or whatever he had.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:41 am 

Enemy fires at you with an M4. To you it sounds and looks like AK105. The damage, recoil, rate of fire, etc. that he fires at you with is the same as M4. Once he dies and gets secured, you can pick up his AK105. Once you pick it up, it has the stats of the AK105 rather than the M4. It was this same in AAO.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:48 am 

JungleSheep wrote:
TheBadaBing! wrote:
JungleSheep wrote:
I'm still a little confused about how the enemy weapon works. Is it true that you only get to select American weapons at the load-out screen and get to pick up the 'equivalent' enemy weapon only during the round from a downed enemy? If that's the case, I don't see how enemy weapons would be used much at all since it is hard to come by and not necessarily better than the American weapons. Why not just make all these weapons available at the load-out screen such that the opfor weapons get to be used more frequently? I find it strange that if the enemy shoots you with a M16 in burst mode and you won the battle only to pick up an AK107 without burst mode. It's like going to a used car salesman and not getting what you asked for.

Finally, I find it a little OP to be able to carry two rifles during battle since there are no tradeoffs at all. I would rather it be a weapon swap instead.

1 team has one set of weapons for 1 half of the match, the other team has the other set. Not exactly rocket science.

So you are saying that there is an OPFOR team and an Army team to choose from like other FPS games? I don't think that is how it works. It looks like the OPFOR weapons are just bonuses for the round. I rarely even pick up American weapons and mostly play 6v6 maps.

Where else do you think the weapons will come from?

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:23 am 

I think it works the following way, there are weapon types that player could use in the game

type A
type B
type C
and so on

each weapon type has two weapons associated with it, for example M4 and its OPFOR analog are both weapon type A So when you choose M4 you are choosing an A type weapon. All A type weapons chosen by your team will spawn as m4 and will remain as such for your team and all A type weapons chosen by the OPFOR team will spawn as their OPFOR analogue. This way it doesn't matter how many times a weapon will change hands it will still be marked as an A type weapon of OPFOR or US. And since you always playing US soldier you will not be able to choose an OPFOR analogue.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:41 am 

Are we really discussing this? I thought it was pretty obvious how it was going to work

Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:51 am 

TheBadaBing! you are too impatient, as always. Not all are as sharp minded as you are and some of us older gentlemen need an explanation on how things work.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:54 am 

X-root wrote:
TheBadaBing! you are too impatient, as always. Not all are as sharp minded as you are and some of us older gentlemen need an explanation on how things work.

I don't class being sharp as seeing that opfor team will have opfor weapons and US army team will have american weapons.

Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:59 am 

its only confusing because both teams actually carry US weapons from a players perspective, if you join bravo, you are US and if you joined Alpha you are US.

the enemy are also US troops themselves from their own viewpoints and you to them are enemy, it helps not to think of it like that, just assume your just against an enemy team with different weapons (exactly what it looks like) and that if you kill them you can use their own arsenal against them, even if they were actually shooting at you with an M4 and even though you carried an M4 he picked up your AK :lol:

stop taking them blue pills off Morpheus and go with the flow :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:04 pm 

Quote:
I don't class being sharp

Clearly

Quote:
opfor team will have opfor weapons and US army team will have american weapons.

Have you even played this game? You always play as an American soldier no matter what team you choose.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:07 pm 

Player: spawns with US Army weapons
Allies: spawn with US Army weapons
Dead allies: drop US weapons

Enemies: spawn with weapons that sound like AK series but have same stats as US weapons
Dead enemies: drop AK series weapons with improved stats

This would be the same way the AA2 system worked.

JungleSheep -- he means from any given player's perspective.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion