Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Keeping Enemy Weapons
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:57 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: Acey said 10%
Also, as I said, making it so that you can't spawn with grenades if you want to keep a secondary would make it a decent trade-off.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Keeping Enemy Weapons
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 8:00 pm
Posts: 714
Location: Riga, Latvia
"Hey sarge! May I keep this toy I found on the battlefield in expense of leaving the grenades, that are needed for our next mission?" I wonder, what the reply will be :)

_________________
Не река и не машина я, а Volga Gornaja
You can see me play on my stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/volgagornaja
I'll send You all back to the ROOTS...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Keeping Enemy Weapons
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:38 am
Posts: 1236
X-root wrote:
"Hey sarge! May I keep this toy I found on the battlefield in expense of leaving the grenades, that are needed for our next mission?" I wonder, what the reply will be :)


Probably something along the lines of its not real life.

But im not keen on the no grenades idea.

_________________
Your warning level: [ 1 ]

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Keeping Enemy Weapons
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:39 pm
Posts: 56
I'm still a little confused about how the enemy weapon works. Is it true that you only get to select American weapons at the load-out screen and get to pick up the 'equivalent' enemy weapon only during the round from a downed enemy? If that's the case, I don't see how enemy weapons would be used much at all since it is hard to come by and not necessarily better than the American weapons. Why not just make all these weapons available at the load-out screen such that the opfor weapons get to be used more frequently? I find it strange that if the enemy shoots you with a M16 in burst mode and you won the battle only to pick up an AK107 without burst mode. It's like going to a used car salesman and not getting what you asked for.

Finally, I find it a little OP to be able to carry two rifles during battle since there are no tradeoffs at all. I would rather it be a weapon swap instead.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Keeping Enemy Weapons
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 8:00 pm
Posts: 714
Location: Riga, Latvia
The main goal of the OPFOR weapons is to make the enemy more distinguished. The ability to use an enemy weapon is a bonus and giving the opportunity for US troops to have it at the round start will defeat the purpose they were implemented in the game. The frequencies that those weapons will be used will most likely be determined by the map. For example if you are in Hospital you could clear the outside and use some of the enemy weapons you have collected for the 2nd half of the round.
If the map will allows sector fighting that will split up the team, the frequency of OPFOR weapon usage will increase. In Inner Hospital this is also possible, since the inside is also zoned.
The 6 vs 6 maps will make it harder to actually use OPFOR weapons that much.

_________________
Не река и не машина я, а Volga Gornaja
You can see me play on my stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/volgagornaja
I'll send You all back to the ROOTS...


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Keeping Enemy Weapons
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:38 am
Posts: 1236
JungleSheep wrote:
I'm still a little confused about how the enemy weapon works. Is it true that you only get to select American weapons at the load-out screen and get to pick up the 'equivalent' enemy weapon only during the round from a downed enemy? If that's the case, I don't see how enemy weapons would be used much at all since it is hard to come by and not necessarily better than the American weapons. Why not just make all these weapons available at the load-out screen such that the opfor weapons get to be used more frequently? I find it strange that if the enemy shoots you with a M16 in burst mode and you won the battle only to pick up an AK107 without burst mode. It's like going to a used car salesman and not getting what you asked for.

Finally, I find it a little OP to be able to carry two rifles during battle since there are no tradeoffs at all. I would rather it be a weapon swap instead.


1 team has one set of weapons for 1 half of the match, the other team has the other set. Not exactly rocket science.

_________________
Your warning level: [ 1 ]

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Keeping Enemy Weapons
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:51 am
Posts: 37
Yes, probably supporting this! This could benefit a lot!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Keeping Enemy Weapons
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:39 pm
Posts: 56
TheBadaBing! wrote:
JungleSheep wrote:
I'm still a little confused about how the enemy weapon works. Is it true that you only get to select American weapons at the load-out screen and get to pick up the 'equivalent' enemy weapon only during the round from a downed enemy? If that's the case, I don't see how enemy weapons would be used much at all since it is hard to come by and not necessarily better than the American weapons. Why not just make all these weapons available at the load-out screen such that the opfor weapons get to be used more frequently? I find it strange that if the enemy shoots you with a M16 in burst mode and you won the battle only to pick up an AK107 without burst mode. It's like going to a used car salesman and not getting what you asked for.

Finally, I find it a little OP to be able to carry two rifles during battle since there are no tradeoffs at all. I would rather it be a weapon swap instead.


1 team has one set of weapons for 1 half of the match, the other team has the other set. Not exactly rocket science.


So you are saying that there is an OPFOR team and an Army team to choose from like other FPS games? I don't think that is how it works. It looks like the OPFOR weapons are just bonuses for the round. I rarely even pick up American weapons and mostly play 6v6 maps.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Keeping Enemy Weapons
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:18 am
Posts: 586
Location: Hungary
if each of the "opfor"weapons have their own distinguished sound it will make a huge difference

How i imagine it works is everyone picks US weapons but you see and hear the weapons on the other team as foreign.After you kill and or secure an enemy player you can pick up his foreign weapon.That's purely based on AA2 experience.M 16- AK47,AR-RPK and so on.
The question is ,these guns have different recoil,bullet fire rate ,damage,sway and so on,will they work on the US weapon equivalent standard till the player dies and get's secured for both teams and suddenly change characteristics when they get picked up by the enemy or stay as they were?

_________________
AA2 BattleTracker I AAPG Profile
AA2 Frag Movie I AAPG Frag Movie , AAPG Frag Movie 2
My Friend Son.ek's aapg youtube madness
Image Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Keeping Enemy Weapons
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:01 am
Posts: 890
Location: Mülheim Ruhr/Germany
As far as i remember, in aa2 the guns changed the skin/characteristic in the moment they dropped to the ground.You could see ak47s or rpks laying around.

I really hope it will be this way again.Good thing,nothing else makes sense.

_________________
Image

Games don't create violence, CVARS does!


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron