Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Keeping Enemy Weapons
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:29 pm 

I think it's a bit hard to judge whether the opfor weapons would provide that big of an advantage before we've had a chance to play with them.

I'd be most concerned about one team managing to accumulate scoped weapons (I'm imagining Bridge with 6 Mosin-Nagants on one team and 1 M24 on the other as an extreme example). Regarding hearing the enemy weapons as friendly -- early on in a round, players know where to expect enemies and friendlies and that would go far in preventing confusion. Late in a round (when the effect matters more), players will have already had chances to swap weapons anyway.

If the teams are relatively balanced, only a few people should be surviving each round, limiting how many weapons get carried over.

There are other ways it could get balanced out, too. To keep the enemy weapon, you don't get a new set of grenades, or maybe your health isn't restored for the next round, or perhaps there's an additional penalty modifier on starting the round with an opfor weapon.

I'd just really like to see some sort of reason for how rounds play out to vary from one to the next.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:10 pm 

I do like the idea of not getting a new set of grenades or at the very least losing one grenade slot. It would be an interesting trade off in which case it would actually be a weighted choice as to whether you would want to carry over that weapon. Teams may not want to bring 6 sniper rifles into battle if they wouldn't have any grenades.

UI for weapon selection could show a section for secondary rifle. It's only enabled if you finish the prior round with a secondary rifle (I guess friendly weapons can be included in this). If you select the secondary rifle, then your grenade slots fade out and can no longer be selected unless you unselect the secondary rifle. Additional inventory item being brought into battle makes you lose another set of inventory.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:17 am 

I can imagine an entire team of M24 snipers...

I like the general concept but i think it would need a conceptual work before it could be an idea worth really considering.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:32 am 

It would be nice to have the option there to use it on your server at least.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:41 am 

I don't think that they'll put work into making this happen. AA's concept of resetting the equipment after every round gives every player an equal chance in every round. From a balance point of view this is the best concept in my opinion.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:38 pm 

The idea of previous sound influencing the next one could be implemented with the help of extra objective on the map. For example, if the main objective is to blow up something, then the extra objective could be to hack something in the other part of the map to receive an extra something for the next round (extra role or extra weapon attachments choice).

Also it would be nice if you would actually move to the next part of the map after a successful round. Make one big map out of training maps and moving back and forth on it according who won. This could be another mode for servers with only one map where you would try to win by winning the last sector on the map.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:30 am 

X-root wrote:
The idea of previous sound influencing the next one could be implemented with the help of extra objective on the map. For example, if the main objective is to blow up something, then the extra objective could be to hack something in the other part of the map to receive an extra something for the next round (extra role or extra weapon attachments choice).

Also it would be nice if you would actually move to the next part of the map after a successful round. Make one big map out of training maps and moving back and forth on it according who won. This could be another mode for servers with only one map where you would try to win by winning the last sector on the map.

Wrong topic????

Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:52 pm 

Yes sorry, I was reading comments and several possibilities came to mind. Regarding keeping the weapons picked up from previous rounds, I don't see a point in it, without additional changes to the round system and their goal progression.

The main question would be the balance.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:55 am 

not in favor of captured enemy weapons carrying over to the next round. would make it to much like a wall mall game. Also plenty of team stacking already happens..and i agree it would promote more steamrolling.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:17 am 

Surely it would only promote more steam rolling if the guns are overpowered compared to the current US Army weapons (can't see that happening) or multiple snipers on one team. That could easily be fixed by just making the M24 undroppable.

Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion