Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Keeping Enemy Weapons
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:09 pm 

Jonnie Ringo wrote:
Quote:
I don't class being sharp

Clearly

Quote:
opfor team will have opfor weapons and US army team will have american weapons.

Have you even played this game? You always play as an American soldier no matter what team you choose.

So am I wrong? Will the "green" team have opfor weapons and the team in brown have US weapons?

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:52 pm 

BCPull wrote:
Player: spawns with US Army weapons
Allies: spawn with US Army weapons
Dead allies: drop US weapons

Enemies: spawn with weapons that sound like AK series but have same stats as US weapons
Dead enemies: drop AK series weapons with improved stats

This would be the same way the AA2 system worked.

JungleSheep -- he means from any given player's perspective.

Yes, I understand this. I'm just saying it is a waste that they may only be used as bonus guns and not regular guns given the amount of time the developers spent creating them. Moreover, you can't even keep them for the next round, so it gives even less incentive to want to use them other then having fun with them.

And the whole from a US Army perspective is like the "Migs" in Top Gun which are actually F-5s.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:01 pm 

JungleSheep wrote:
Yes, I understand this. I'm just saying it is a waste that they may only be used as bonus guns and not regular guns given the amount of time the developers spent creating them. Moreover, you can't even keep them for the next round, so it gives even less incentive to want to use them other then having fun with them.

And the whole from a US Army perspective is like the "Migs" in Top Gun which are actually F-5s.

I posted that just so the posts about how the system works would stop, it was distracting from the actual topic.

I don't disagree with anything you suggest. If they're particularly good / interesting, even having limited access will make acquiring & using them compelling.

From the first couple pages of this topic, you'll see a lot of people here argue against carrying anything from round to round. I think people are too set in the "every round must be exactly like every other round" mindset.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:50 pm 

I wonder how hard it would be to just transfer whatever weapon is equipped at round's end to the next round. That way it's not a multi-weapon advantage it's just a different weapon.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:27 pm 

.sauce wrote:
I wonder how hard it would be to just transfer whatever weapon is equipped at round's end to the next round. That way it's not a multi-weapon advantage it's just a different weapon.

Or just having the ability to select that weapon as your primary weapon could work.

I think just doing that would give a bit of extra variation in round-to-round play. It would also reward players (who prefer the OpFor weapons) who survive from round to round. Unfortunately AA currently has no real reward for surviving a round besides points.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion