Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Keeping Enemy Weapons
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:33 pm 

The idea popped into my head. It's obviously different than what existed in prior AA versions, but what if you could keep enemy weapons if your team wins and you survive the round? It would be interesting to be able to carry over weapons that you picked up. It would be a way to reward the players who lived through the prior round. In matches, those weapons can then be redistributed among the team if desired. It could change scenarios greatly. Also, you can add in the ability to die from C4 so that there's an incentive to get out of there.

What does everyone think?

Post subject: Re: Keeping Enemy Weapons
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:36 pm 

+1 running from the c4 to not die is only a kdr thing or a weapon saving thing. This could add a cool dynamic but since weapons are not purchased and weapon saving isn't all to necessary it could be a useless feature.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:39 pm 

I figure it could come in good use.
Team A picks up team B's sniper in Round 1.
Now Team A can have two players with Sniper rifles and one of those players can also carry an M4.

or how about players on Team A pick up some extra AKs? Now they can pass off an AK to the sniper or whoever and that player becomes more dynamic.

Heck, in theory over the course of a match, each player on a team (if they keep staying alive) can carry enemy sniper rifles if they do it right.

Same goes for picking up scoped weapons and giving them to players who don't have those kinds of weapons. It would place more value on dropped weapons and surviving the round.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:07 pm 

Interesting suggestion Whiplash. Rounds would actually influence each other more. People would mind their bullets more so they could save for the next round. I'm just not sure if this is something easy to implement.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:27 pm 

The idea itself is interesting, but I don't think it fits into an AA game. If it ever gets implemented, I'd like a server .ini option for it to turn it on/off.

As far as I see, one of the key guidelines of an AA game it the 'equal chanches for everyone'. This means no unlocks etc, so the game (AAPG, AA3, AA2) does not reward performance (or only very slightly like you can pick your role faster, if you did good before). You(r team) don't get a better chanche to win, because you did well in the previous round.

For me it is an interesting (good) idea, what does not fit into the AA series and AAPG.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:37 am 

I'm with Levente963 on this topic. It doesn't really fit.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:46 am 

I'm a fan of any ideas that could introduce round-to-round meta.

My concern would be that it could lead to a steamroller effect where the winning team accumulates better gear and then wins even harder next round. It'd be nice to have a mechanic in place to give the losing team a way to get back into it. That said, I kind of doubt the opfor weapons would be so much better as to cause major balance issues.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:54 am 

BCPull wrote:
I'm a fan of any ideas that could introduce round-to-round meta.

My concern would be that it could lead to a steamroller effect where the winning team accumulates better gear and then wins even harder next round. It'd be nice to have a mechanic in place to give the losing team a way to get back into it. That said, I kind of doubt the opfor weapons would be so much better as to cause major balance issues.

The sound of the opfor weapons alone could change balance, at least on public servers. Would be harder for your team mates to tell if friendly or enemy and the enemy could think it's friendly since it'll sound like a U.S. weapon for them because of how the game works.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:02 am 

Sorry whip but I don't agree that this would be good. It's a good idea I just don't think it would fit the game in its current state. Would give the better player an even bigger advantage too.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:37 pm 

yeah, this would suck for bad players.

Fun idea but it would open a whole can of worms

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion