Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hit detection video
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:16 am 

So since a lot of people are saying it is a miss by .00001 centimeters which may be true I will admit if I am wrong, after all that is why I posted a video in the first place, but to me at least a portion of my dot was on his head. I did give the server name and date and time and have not heard anything from the DEV's on what the server log said if that is even possible?

Kind of surprised me that the DEV was more shocked that there were decals missing on the wall, when I have been turning decals off in every FPS game I have played for years now, maybe if the game was optimized so my hardware can run this game at more than 90FPS steadily then I wouldn't need to go hunting for ways to achieve that.

How big are the bullets leaving the gun in this game?
Do they need to be larger because most of my dot was on his head from what I see to say the bullet went in-between his neck and super duper large back vest then are these bullets microscopic in size or does your dot represent the size of the bullet leaving the gun?

Also this question never got answered, If you guys are going to be accurate on bullets to this extent why can we not get a real representation of how a soldier would look when he is crouched? I am almost positive that more than just a piece of the top of his head should be visible in that stance so I would have had no chance of hitting his shoulder to begin with but well I guess I could be wrong again it wouldn't be the first time?

Last edited by whiz-bang on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:37 am 

EKCommander wrote:
I frequent these forums and this is a very specific question. Dev's dodge specifics. Why? Because there is really no solid evidence behind the decision to switch and If there was, we would have heard it by now. It was a decision based on how the game felt in closed play tests with betas and dev's on sub-par servers. Quite frankly, theres maybe two or three people out of all dev's and betas that react quick enough to REALLY feel the difference. (No disrespect intended, BUT this is why comp players feel the difference and why SSHD is the comp standard)

If you can find the answer to my question someplace then please share it. Otherwise, shut it.

Maybe not an answer but here is a link to an article from someone who seems to know a little about server settings and netspeed:
http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/Netspeed_Tu ... troduction

Maybe this will help some of you.

Also a quote from the author of the article:
TNSe wrote:
if you can't hit with tickrate 20, you have no skillz. High Tickrate = no skillz

Also I really would like to see the difference SSHD versus CSHD would make playing on the same server, if really one is better that the other.

Since most private server, that use SSHD, that I play on regularly have not swiched to CSHD for a good period of time (let say a week or so) and that official servers will not switch to SSHD (one thing that the Devs should do to test), you can not really test if there is a real diference.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:38 am 

I'm having a hard time believing the reg box is that tight that those shots missed.. to me it looks like the bullets went right through the guy. That is a kill in my books.

should we put up Frigid's video on Crossfire by the crane and how the second guy fell and compare to this video? .. minds would be blown

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:33 am 

LeMaestro wrote:
Maybe not an answer but here is a link to an article from someone who seems to know a little about server settings and netspeed:
http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/Netspeed_Tu ... troduction

Maybe this will help some of you.

Also a quote from the author of the article:
TNSe wrote:
if you can't hit with tickrate 20, you have no skillz. High Tickrate = no skillz

That article's a decade old in places (and I suspect much of it is significantly older than that).

I mean, he talks about 350MHz Pentium 2s, the pictures are of a game from 1999, etc

The Unreal engine's seen some upgrades since then and I suspect that a fair amount of that article, particularly concerning hit detection, is wrong now.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:58 am 

Maybe a fix to compensate for lag would be to enlarge the hit boxes so they are not so tightly bound to the outline of the character. If the hit boxes follow the character's wireframe within a 1/16 of an inch then maybe double or just enlarge to a 1/4 inches.

Back to my old post on Photoshop. Since the hit boxes are so tightly bound to the character's wireframe (mesh) then the actual in-game graphically rendered video CAN be used as a measurement. 1/16 inch is basically zero at that distance.

Do Beta-Testers play in wireframe mode to check that all hit boxes work? I imagine they do.

I still think lag is the problem when shooting a moving target. So I always strafe my shots side to side. And I see no future fix for lag at this time.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:47 pm 

CSHD:

SSHD:

Just curious:

Did the cone used to shrink as you scoped up? The above video seems like a shot that should never miss, even if I wasn't fully ADSed.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:29 pm 

And another CSHD video

Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:54 pm 

the damage multiplier is weird bullets the should do damage don't and some that don't seem to hit you do.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:12 am 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwV0rJoyW4g

This is just stupid and exactly why an accuracy cone until fully zoomed is a bad idea.

Quick scoping takes serious skill on the computer. On the consoles they have aim assist so it became a big deal to erase it. On PC there is no reason to have something like the above video happen to prevent quick scoping...

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:31 am 

Devs/mods please look through some of HBK video's. I am curious on your thoughts. Some are just... wow.

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion