Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
 Post subject: Re: Hit detection video
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:03 am 

vindi wrote:
This was a couple of hours ago. Using the M4 this time

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qxfZquzMjVI

Fresh round, had not been revived. I miss the first few bullets, but the last 10-12 bullets goes to the upper body.

New meaning on dumping a whole mag on a guy

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:58 pm 

I can't count the times I have double tapped someone with the M14 to have them turn and drop me. Hit detection is horrid. I have also watched and experience persons shooting an inch behind a player and killing them.

I believe the lag compensation combined with poor hit detection creates far too much chance for error.

Also, ever notice how hard it is to kill a ~150 ping player?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:45 pm 

I think the m24 after revive is still a major problem, I've had it happen on 3 occasions recently (last 2 days) where I was revived sniped 2-3x on a stationary player, no kill, they then turn and kill me or I just move on. But in each of those situations I was told by a clan member who was spectating me that he saw my cross hair center on the guy but never saw or heard me fire a shot, and had wondered why I didn't shoot him. Meanwhile I'm frustrated because 2 or 3 shots I place carefully on a stationary target never hit....

I've noticed it alot lately since I run with the m24 so much (7k kills with it...)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:04 pm 

SomeOtherName wrote:
I can't count the times I have double tapped someone with the M14 to have them turn and drop me. Hit detection is horrid. I have also watched and experience persons shooting an inch behind a player and killing them.

I believe the lag compensation combined with poor hit detection creates far too much chance for error.

Also, ever notice how hard it is to kill a ~150 ping player?

To explain the watching experience persons killing people an inch behind/above players and killing them - it happens on really quick twitch shots when you twitch aim, and click LMB at the exact right time, your shots do in fact hit the enemy, as much as it looks like they should all miss, I am not positive but it may have to do with the camera feed not being able to keep up with the speed of the aim movement, but i think it also has to do with that, and the exact time which you click LMB.. when you see that happen you said it was experienced players. which is why you wont see it happening so much with lesser skilled players.

I've had times where even on my screen it looks like im an inch to an inch and a half away yet i still upper body/headshot the guy, and I actually did because I know I moved the pointer/crosshair at the enemy, not an inch away.. i actually like this feature of the game even if it's not intentional, it lets me know when i got a stellar reaction shot. it's like a visual reward lol

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion