Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hit detection video
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:17 pm 

uni-sol wrote:
hbk314 wrote:

Any official response on what's causing this? Is it a reg problem? Is it an M24 problem?

when this happens are you asking the recipient if the bullet hit? im wondering if they are hitting but not killing, i have been shot by M24 lots of times and survived, albeit with very little health left.

There's no need to ask. If the bullet's regged, they'd be dead.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:10 pm 

My opinion is that the 1st was a hit. The second you missed the left shoulder. The third looked like the games awesome lag compensation

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:46 pm 

Hyperlite wrote:
My opinion is that the 1st was a hit. The second you missed the left shoulder. The third looked like the games awesome lag compensation

Yeah. I didn't look that closely at the second one. I could definitely see that as a miss. I thought the third might have had to do with the vaulting animation that started at about the same time.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:22 am 

nothing hs to me! hehe

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:17 pm 

a guy took a video as he was shooting at me:

I didn't even hear him shooting. At some point I turned around and wondered why he would just stand there.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:33 pm 

Moh-aw I've had a similar issue happen to me just last night.

However I was on a server running server side hit detection vs the client side on public servers.

I was playing on bridge day, enemy was prone on lower defense tower stairs. I put two very careful shots on a non-moving target that never registered. He finally stood up and I put 3 more shots into him when he was in a crouched position. Only slightly moving for the last two. My shots never registered. Wish I had a video but I don't, I do however have a 49.5% hit rate with my sniper after 7200 kills with it. I know that at least 3 of the 5 shots were for sure kill shots on a non-moving target.

I also later on another server witnessed a teammate have the same issue where the sniper shot was center mass on a non moving target (ruling out lag compensation) 2x and it never registered a hit.

It only seemed to happen to each of us for one round, afterward in the next round everything was back to normal. Is there somehow a glitch where the sniper fails to register a shot even though you and your team spectator's see the shot? Mine happened after climbing up the catwalk ledge then laying prone for the shot (i was not too close to any obstacles which may have blocked the shot either).

anyone know of something similar?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:37 pm 

OGG-TriggerSilence wrote:
Moh-aw I've had a similar issue happen to me just last night.

However I was on a server running server side hit detection vs the client side on public servers.

I was playing on bridge day, enemy was prone on lower defense tower stairs. I put two very careful shots on a non-moving target that never registered. He finally stood up and I put 3 more shots into him when he was in a crouched position. Only slightly moving for the last two. My shots never registered. Wish I had a video but I don't, I do however have a 49.5% hit rate with my sniper after 7200 kills with it. I know that at least 3 of the 5 shots were for sure kill shots on a non-moving target.

I also later on another server witnessed a teammate have the same issue where the sniper shot was center mass on a non moving target (ruling out lag compensation) 2x and it never registered a hit.

It only seemed to happen to each of us for one round, afterward in the next round everything was back to normal. Is there somehow a glitch where the sniper fails to register a shot even though you and your team spectator's see the shot? Mine happened after climbing up the catwalk ledge then laying prone for the shot (i was not too close to any obstacles which may have blocked the shot either).

anyone know of something similar?

the only question i have, which you can't answer, is -

what did the NME pawn do prior to laying down prone? did he run, slide, jump, anchor then go prone? or did he select his side arm 3 times instead of 4? i could go on... my thought is that the enemy *may* have done a normal regular in game action that knocked him out of sync with the server. picture you shooting at a target that you observe, but he is actually a little to the left.

unfortunately, this type of bug which is so fricken random is also almost impossible to reproduce consistantly. i am not saying that hit reg is not the culprit, but it could also be a bug or action that knocks the client - server relationship out a little, but enough to notice.

if it happens again, take note of what was common each time. might help narrow it down..

edit - TOS didn't like a word

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:40 pm 

is it possible that it happens sometimes after you switched between game and desktop?

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:44 am 

Moh-Aw wrote:

I didn't even hear him shooting. At some point I turned around and wondered why he would just stand there.

In this video both people are standing near corners of objects, and one of them just vaulted. That's the only thing I noticed...plus it's only with the M24.

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:38 am 

Frigid wrote:
Moh-Aw wrote:

In this video both people are standing near corners of objects, and one of them just vaulted. That's the only thing I noticed...plus it's only with the M24.

This has nothing to do with hit registration ,it's the rubber bullet bugged m24 sniper,i figured it happens a lot with the first few shots after you get revived,look at the guys health 25%.When this happens to me People spectating me even say "you never fired a single shot,you were just scoping him " not on their screens ,freekin weird.When i notice that i don't kill anything with spot on shots switch to pistol shoot a couple in the wall and switch back,should do the trick.

Image Image

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion