Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hit detection video
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:35 am 

wonder if that guy was bugged out or something? I mean he didn't move the entire time .. thats crazy.. never seen anything like that

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:54 am 

Wilbur wrote:
No wonder I can never snipe you Silent. but that does make sense, I thought it was me as multiple times I have said "my sniper bullets are broke!"

No, it happens a lot w/ the sniper (if you use it for long enough). It happens to me all the time on Three Kings when I am on assault, and I am aiming/shooting at someone on Zulu balcony. I always suspected it was "bullet drop". BTW, HBK314 is convinced that it not only happens to the sniper rifle, but also the M4 and 16 (he also has some videos to show it).

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:36 am 
Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

blaz3r wrote:
Wilbur wrote:
No wonder I can never snipe you Silent. but that does make sense, I thought it was me as multiple times I have said "my sniper bullets are broke!"

No, it happens a lot w/ the sniper (if you use it for long enough). It happens to me all the time on Three Kings when I am on assault, and I am aiming/shooting at someone on Zulu balcony. I always suspected it was "bullet drop". BTW, HBK314 is convinced that it not only happens to the sniper rifle, but also the M4 and 16 (he also has some videos to show it).

That certainly puts the videos into context, does anyone have a concept of how long it takes? (Rounds, bullets, ??)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:26 pm 

AAPG suffers from the same bad hit detection as AA3.
I think its just the UE3 engine in general that causes the bad hit detection.
[Mod Edit - Trolling]
:wink:

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:46 pm 

Wilbur wrote:

Lol you got to find good spots to shoot from...

I've had it happen multiple times but it's much more rarer than it used to be but for some people it happens more often...

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:48 pm 

m_hermann wrote:
blaz3r wrote:
Wilbur wrote:

That certainly puts the videos into context, does anyone have a concept of how long it takes? (Rounds, bullets, ??)

It usually happens when you played at least 3 or 4 rounds from my experience as I remember

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:35 am 

Any official response on what's causing this? Is it a reg problem? Is it an M24 problem?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:52 pm 

HBK at it again !! .. could it be something on your end? Ive NEVER seen that kind of inconsistency as you consistently do lol.. I mean DAMN I cant even recall one time that I didn't get an obvious kill as the first guy in your video

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:00 pm 

=IK=Doba= wrote:
HBK at it again !! .. could it be something on your end? Ive NEVER seen that kind of inconsistency as you consistently do lol.. I mean DAMN I cant even recall one time that I didn't get an obvious kill as the first guy in your video

Yes his is an extreme case which leads me to believe that he is having some sort of packet loss.

HBK - Just wondering have you tried just running a few ping test for about 10 minutes to see how much loss you have not talking about using teamspeaks packet loss test either.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:34 pm 

hbk314 wrote:

Any official response on what's causing this? Is it a reg problem? Is it an M24 problem?

when this happens are you asking the recipient if the bullet hit? im wondering if they are hitting but not killing, i have been shot by M24 lots of times and survived, albeit with very little health left.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion