Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hit detection video
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:07 am 

you missed.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:10 am 

dgodfather wrote:
This is a commonality in AAPG. I don't care where that hit. There is nothing to justify. In any other game you might play that's a quick kill.

This ^^ and not even in other games.. same goes for this game.. we've all had numerous of kills that probably were less deserving of a kill than this.

once again its the inconsistency ! the biggest issue is that the inconsistency in this game and it far exceeds others.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:21 am 

The frame when ammo count drops to 30 (definitely off target in this frame):

The frame right before it (I don't think this is on his head, either, but it's VERY hard to call):

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:31 am 
Developer
Developer

Looking at the video I was struck how there were no decals on the wall opposite the enemy player. Hit or miss, your shots should have impacted the wall on the other side of the player. They didn't appear to.

Had you disabled decals via an ini setting?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:34 am 

[Dev]CaterpillaR wrote:
Looking at the video I was struck how there were no decals on the wall opposite the enemy player. Hit or miss, your shots should have impacted the wall on the other side of the player. They didn't appear to.

I would imagine decals are shut off. I've done that myself for performance reasons. Kind of defeats the purpose of paintball mode though...

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:47 am 

JaK- wrote:
[Dev]CaterpillaR wrote:

I would imagine decals are shut off. I've done that myself for performance reasons. Kind of defeats the purpose of paintball mode though...

Actually this config I currently have in is the one that was recently posted by rokis(noofys) for the most part at least, I went through and changed about 70% of what he had changed too see if it helped make my game run smoother so I guess one of the settings was decals.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:54 am 

JaK- wrote:
dgodfather wrote:
This is a commonality in AAPG. I don't care where that hit. There is nothing to justify. In any other game you might play that's a quick kill.

The good thing about these types of video's, it explains why some people feel the hitreg is so bad. If you feel that this should of been a kill 100%, you are used to other games where the "hitbox" isn't as precise. There is no "box" around a player that registers kills if the shot is "close enough". If you are even 1 or 2 pixels off of the players mesh, the hit will not register.

After looking at this several more times frame-by-frame with the beer goggles off, I can't make up my mind on that first shot.

Exactly I know my eyes are not perfect that is why I posted it to get different opinions from people that might see something I am not looking at.

Regarding the pixel thing that is great if they didn't hide most of the soldiers head while he was crouched. I think you have about 4 or 5 pixels at that point to actually land a head shot, when imo it should be double that.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:27 am 

So this game is insanely accurate with the hit box? Why so many problems with people arguing CSHD vs SSHD? We are all a bunch of fools?

Whatever the case, as Doba said, the consistency is extremely lacking. Maybe other games have it right and this insanely accurate hit box needs to go then.

You bunch of fools!
Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:03 pm 

dgodfather wrote:
So this game is insanely accurate with the hit box? Why so many problems with people arguing CSHD vs SSHD? We are all a bunch of fools?

Whatever the case, as Doba said, the consistency is extremely lacking. Maybe other games have it right and this insanely accurate hit box needs to go then.

I agree consistency is probably the issue. But it can really only be taken on a video per video basis. Unlike hyperlite's video which showed a very clear issue, this one is more inconclusive than anything. IMO it's probably a good representation of what players like yourself are referring to when you say the "hitbox is horrible". It's not the hitbox that is generally off, it's the players perception or understanding of it. Of course, there are instances where players should of died. Not sure this is one of them though... Always makes for good discussion though :P

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:26 pm 

dgodfather wrote:

Actually, lately I have been doing better on CSHD Official servers, while playing on private server with SSHD I seems to have more rubber bullets. But it might be just a coincidence.

Has far has the video is concern, the first bullet seems to go in between the head and the backpack and hit the wall behind. For the rest of the shots, BCPull seems to have it right.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion