Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Access to stats
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:05 pm 

Something I don't think has been mentioned yet -- the current player stats pages are accessed via a user's in-game name. It'd be far more convenient to reference those pages through a persistent userID of some sort. This would help 3rd party sites track stat changes over time, switches from one clan to another, etc

JSON, XML, whatever, any standardized format would be a huge improvement over scraping data from the current pages.

I'll give a big +1 to the suggestions for AAOtracker's benefit from eKComm.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:23 pm 

BCPull wrote:
Something I don't think has been mentioned yet -- the current player stats pages are accessed via a user's in-game name. It'd be far more convenient to reference those pages through a persistent userID of some sort. This would help 3rd party sites track stat changes over time, switches from one clan to another, etc

JSON, XML, whatever, any standardized format would be a huge improvement over scraping data from the current pages.

I'll give a big +1 to the suggestions for AAOtracker's benefit from eKComm.

That is a separate discussion. What the website is showing is from the official player database. What is being proposed in this thread is a return of information from servers via UDP queries. But that same idea is important to the UDP queries as well. returning steamID is key. Otherwise to track users over a period of time would require an annoying amount of extra logic that could potentially be exploited.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:31 pm 

Yep -- I see the stats issues being spread across a few different broad topics:

1) Player-level career data (weapon stats, map stats, achievements, everything from the profile pages)
2) Server-level data (the improved query returns you're asking for)
3) Individual match data (stats for each player that participated, match outcomes, summary of match events, etc)

All of my interests and potential plans are centered on #1 (and potentially #3), but I'm not one of the people with a huge level of pre-existing code and experience so my opinion probably counts for a bit less :D

Post Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:44 pm 

I would imagine it would be beneficial to also return a unique accountID and accountName along with the steamId? Which is more along the lines of what BC was talking about. I guess I am a little confused on what the hypothetical tracker is tracking; the steam account, the AA account (soldier), or both?

BCPull wrote:
Yep -- I see the stats issues being spread across a few different broad topics:

1) Player-level career data (weapon stats, map stats, achievements, everything from the profile pages)
2) Server-level data (the improved query returns you're asking for)
3) Individual match data (stats for each player that participated, match outcomes, summary of match events, etc)

All of my interests and potential plans are centered on #1 (and potentially #3), but I'm not one of the people with a huge level of pre-existing code and experience so my opinion probably counts for a bit less :D

1. Would be just be nice to have the player stat pages data in a XML/JSON format.
2. Is what ekComm, 12ampage, and if possible Homey should be handling. :)
3. This sounds like a BF level match recording. Absolutely a great idea, but not sure if the resources are there to handle it.

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:51 pm 

On 3 - Hey, as long as they're asking for input, I dare to dream :D

Post Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:03 pm 

BCPull wrote:
On 3 - Hey, as long as they're asking for input, I dare to dream :D

That alone would increase the playerbase imo. Great for individual player tracking and anticheat purposes. Basically a recorded end of match scoreboard, we can dream....

Back to reality.... For number 1. Does anyone have any stats that they don't see on the stats page that they would like to?

http://www.americasarmy.com/soldier/YourAccountName

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:

Post Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:21 pm 

With the extended data we are requesting via UDP queries in combination with teh steam API we will be able to do everything.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:49 am 

JaK- wrote:
Back to reality.... For number 1. Does anyone have any stats that they don't see on the stats page that they would like to?

http://www.americasarmy.com/soldier/YourAccountName

Map specific stats and session stats could/should be listed there. I'm currently using these soldier profile pages to gather data for registered players (http://www.aapg-stats.com).

Post Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:18 pm 

Well. I haven't thought of this one for a while. But the last time I posted all we got a sticky with a thread that never got updated.

I'm going to ask again here, as I just ran into a want for such a thing. I would love to have a "current public build number" to query. Preferably put out by the Dev team the moment a new build was pushed out. This should be somewhere very public like the AA game homepage. It would be best if exposed as a simple json or xml as well.
Public uses:
User quickly finding build number for bug report
User quickly finding build number to reference in post/conversation
Querying current build number for any application/website.

My personal use
Quickly and accurately querying a new builds existence. (Without the need to query multiple sources and detecting updates by those sources changes.)

I'm sure others have their own uses, mine is mainly when creating these multiple apps to have a way to say, "Hey, a new build was put out. Would you like to re-apply your last settings?"

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:

Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:07 am 

would be nice to see your k/d ratio per month to see your improvement over time...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion