Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Access to stats
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:53 pm 

EKCommander wrote:
Dem@n wrote:
in a short...my game , my account ,should be my choice if i want to make my stats private or not.
c.heat detection should be left to the pros ( who even mess up from time to time)not the forum trolls.
AAO tracker had the option

Since they are just updating the server query yields then it doesn't really have anything to do with the dev's. It will all come down to whichever third party decides to build a tracker.

and you don't have a problem with the fact that these third party run sites data mine your stats and make a living out of them,did you agree somewhere to that?

Image Image

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:33 pm 

I honestly don't care at all. Its a video game. No ones making a living off your stats.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:26 pm 

Dem@n wrote:
EKCommander wrote:
Dem@n wrote:
in a short...my game , my account ,should be my choice if i want to make my stats private or not.
c.heat detection should be left to the pros ( who even mess up from time to time)not the forum trolls.
AAO tracker had the option

Since they are just updating the server query yields then it doesn't really have anything to do with the dev's. It will all come down to whichever third party decides to build a tracker.

and you don't have a problem with the fact that these third party run sites data mine your stats and make a living out of them,did you agree somewhere to that?

If anything sites like aaotracker are operating in the negative to provide a service to the community.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:19 pm 

Demon doesn't want anyone to know how he's 50 honor already

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:35 pm 

i don't argue for the sake of arguing like other people who don't really care and just troll around,i stated my opinion with facts that bother me now why is it so hard to understand that my stats - your stats are nobody's business if you don't want them to be publicly exposed or used? Yes these tracker sites do provide services to the community, services that already exist they just put more 'lipstick'on them,AAO tracker run in the negative?with all the banners and advertisments on it highly doubt it,nobody would run a site out of his own pocket for years if it doesn't make profit but that's something for another topic.Don't get me wrong let them data mine ,let them make their sites, let them help the community grow,nobody who plays and likes this game is against it,but put an option in the character profile to be private/public that's all i am saying.

Since we are running in the same circles i don't wish to argue and waste my time here anymore.

Image Image

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:30 pm 

Sounds like you're hiding something you wish to protect to me.

You bunch of fools!
Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/

Post Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:36 am 
AACM
AACM

Guys we are straying of track here let's pull this back to what stats people want access to not why an individual has specific stats

Cheers

Post Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:11 am 

You can pretty much take what the original tracker had available and copy it. Everything it had to begin with and then whatever other stats people think they want.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:42 pm 

Agreed. AAO tracker had what people want. Anything less is insufficient.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:16 pm 

GBGangsta wrote:
Guys we are straying of track here let's pull this back to what stats people want access to not why an individual has specific stats

Cheers

With the above two posts in mind. I think the output I have provided you should suffice for AAOTracker or anyone else that wants to make a sufficient tracker.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion