Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Honor Level Formula
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:22 pm 
Developer
Developer

To be fair, Dem@n is a bit of an anomaly. We could set this system up such that it would take an average player, playing 2 hours every single day, over four years to reach the cap and Dem@n would still reach the cap in a year. The guy plays 7 hours every day and has an XPM far above that of an average player.

Like I said earlier, I would rather have a system where he reaches the cap too fast than have a system where most players never even have a prayer to reach the cap.

We also aren't talking about an Honor Level system just like previous AA titles. We have more things tied to our system, we just haven't started discussing those things yet.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:41 pm 

[Dev]Rawrster wrote:
To be fair, Dem@n is a bit of an anomaly. We could set this system up such that it would take an average player, playing 2 hours every single day, over four years to reach the cap and Dem@n would still reach the cap in a year. The guy plays 7 hours every day and has an XPM far above that of an average player.

Like I said earlier, I would rather have a system where he reaches the cap too fast than have a system where most players never even have a prayer to reach the cap.

We also aren't talking about an Honor Level system just like previous AA titles. We have more things tied to our system, we just haven't started discussing those things yet.

I just wanted to mention, if he wouldn't get it in a year, I would never get it at all...

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:28 pm 

=IK=Doba= wrote:
[Dev]Rawrster wrote:
The time taken to reach max honor level will be reduced a good bit. We are still tweaking the numbers but with the new system Dem@n (as well as quite a few others) would already be max level.

That's horrible.. its been just over a year and he would already be at 100.. sad.. so for someone that only plays for honor.. he would no longer have anything to play for /end game

rethink this !! why .. again look how long it took in AAO

In AAO it would probably take someone about 2 years of regular playing to get there (maybe even less). What I call regular is more along the lines of 14 to 21 hours per week. If someone wants to play the game every single day for 7 hours per day for a year to get to 100 honor, then let them. The person who plays for 2 or 3 hours per day would take 2+ years and that's if they can achieve the same scoring rate.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:35 pm 
Developer
Developer

To give a better time frame on what is being looked at right now, I pulled up some stats on some people.

With some numbers I was playing around with today (I am actually working on this system as we speak), Doba would be able to reach Level Cap in just under two years. What would that mean for some other players?

Flatlander would take a little over three years to do the same.

Colts could get it done faster though. It would take him about 20 months.

[Dev]Bravonator would take three years to finish up.

[Dev]Devoid, whose numbers coincide almost perfectly with what we are currently considering an "average, dedicated player" would take a little over 2.5 years to reach level cap.

How do those numbers feel to people?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:40 pm 

[Dev]Rawrster wrote:
To give a better time frame on what is being looked at right now, I pulled up some stats on some people.

With some numbers I was playing around with today (I am actually working on this system as we speak), Doba would be able to reach Level Cap in just under two years. What would that mean for some other players?

Flatlander would take a little over three years to do the same.

Colts could get it done faster though. It would take him about 20 months.

[Dev]Bravonator would take three years to finish up.

[Dev]Devoid, whose numbers coincide almost perfectly with what we are currently considering an "average, dedicated player" would take a little over 2.5 years to reach level cap.

How do those numbers feel to people?

ohh, ohh! Do me 2!!!! jk :)

2 years sounds like a fair goal for the "average"

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:41 pm 
Developer
Developer

Oh, and just for funsies....

Dem@n would hit level cap in 5 months.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:55 pm 

2 years.. 2 hours a day for 100?

just in time for AA5 - back to basics :mrgreen:

uni-sol wrote:
America's Army - Back To Basic

NOT OFFICIAL! made it myself with a blend of bits and bobs from the forum with help from google.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:15 pm 

Whiplash27 wrote:
=IK=Doba= wrote:
[Dev]Rawrster wrote:
The time taken to reach max honor level will be reduced a good bit. We are still tweaking the numbers but with the new system Dem@n (as well as quite a few others) would already be max level.

That's horrible.. its been just over a year and he would already be at 100.. sad.. so for someone that only plays for honor.. he would no longer have anything to play for /end game

rethink this !! why .. again look how long it took in AAO

In AAO it would probably take someone about 2 years of regular playing to get there (maybe even less). What I call regular is more along the lines of 14 to 21 hours per week. If someone wants to play the game every single day for 7 hours per day for a year to get to 100 honor, then let them. The person who plays for 2 or 3 hours per day would take 2+ years and that's if they can achieve the same scoring rate.

I had over 1200 tracked hours in AA2, and quite a bit more than that untracked. I made it to 89, which was roughly the halfway point to 100 as far as points go.

The top end of your range would have to average in the mid 800's for points/hour to get to 100 in two years. I don't think that's realistic.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:47 pm 

Took me 3 years in AA2 to get to 100.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:54 pm 

hmm according to Battletracker I had 1485 hours on AAO.. I imagine there was more before the tracker came up.. but still looking at AAPG Im already at 988 Hours.. obviously I play much much more now then before.. thats why it took me so long

anyway.. 100 honor in 2 yrs at current pace.. yaaa its OK.. it all depends on how long this game will be active before a new version comes (AA5)

because sure 2 yrs is a while.. but not if I have to play at 100 honor for the following 3 yrs after that

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion