Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ammo drop / toss
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:29 pm 

Just had an idea about ammo that I would like you people to discuss:

What if you give the possibility to equip two extra magazines instead of grenades (making up for a total of 4 extra magazines) and at the same time implement a magazine toss mechanic.

Perhaps, it could be similar to grenade throwing, but instead of an arc, a short under toss. And when you walk near it and look at it, you can press the "use" key to pick it up.

You can:
- Toss magazines for your buddies
- Have 2 or 4 extra mags at the cost of having less / no grenades (of any kind)
- Use them to create a diversion and then picking them up again

Maybe it should be class dependant, so you can choose to carry extra ammo for the weapon you have (2 M4/M16 magazines - plus 2 extra magazines or grenades - 2 M14 mags plus grenades, 1 M249 box with no grenades).

And for the sniper, the same but instead of ammunition for the M24, extra M9 magazines.
As for the shotgun, all the previous options would apply (kind of a resupplier, if you will)

What do you guys think?
I think it's a system that allows for customization by taking and giving, because you can't have an advantage witouth giving up other options)

PS: You could even go further and add an option to share grenades too, the same way.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Ammo drop / toss
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:59 pm 

Kanshi.Arg wrote:
Just had an idea about ammo that I would like you people to discuss:

What if you give the possibility to equip two extra magazines instead of grenades (making up for a total of 4 extra magazines) and at the same time implement a magazine toss mechanic.

Perhaps, it could be similar to grenade throwing, but instead of an arc, a short under toss. And when you walk near it and look at it, you can press the "use" key to pick it up.

You can:
- Toss magazines for your buddies
- Have 2 or 4 extra mags at the cost of having less / no grenades (of any kind)
- Use them to create a diversion and then picking them up again

Maybe it should be class dependant, so you can choose to carry extra ammo for the weapon you have (2 M4/M16 magazines - plus 2 extra magazines or grenades - 2 M14 mags plus grenades, 1 M249 box with no grenades).

And for the sniper, the same but instead of ammunition for the M24, extra M9 magazines.
As for the shotgun, all the previous options would apply (kind of a resupplier, if you will)

What do you guys think?
I think it's a system that allows for customization by taking and giving, because you can't have an advantage witouth giving up other options)

PS: You could even go further and add an option to share grenades too, the same way.

Cheers

Let see what will happen with the ability to drop and pickup weapons in the near future first.
Lets also see how many weapons we will be able to carry at once.

Dropping and picking up nades should had been there a long time ago.

I remember, back in AA2, on hospital if VIP was a good shot I would rush up to him has fast has I could, drop my M4 and nades for him to pick up, take of with his old AK (only one magazine in it) and try to ambush an enemy to get is gun.

Also picking up enemy or friendly weapons is a good way to save your own ammo for when needed.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:54 pm 

LeMaestro wrote:
Let see what will happen with the ability to drop and pickup weapons in the near future first.
Lets also see how many weapons we will be able to carry at once.

Dropping and picking up nades should had been there a long time ago.

I remember, back in AA2, on hospital if VIP was a good shot I would rush up to him has fast has I could, drop my M4 and nades for him to pick up, take of with his old AK (only one magazine in it) and try to ambush an enemy to get is gun.

Also picking up enemy or friendly weapons is a good way to save your own ammo for when needed.

You are right, I forgot about that D:

I also forgot that you could drop your nades in AA2. I guess that system would work way better. Almost the same results with a much simpler mechanic.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:17 am 

What about a resupply point in the game, since picking up ammo was already built into the Giunta shoot house. It could be taken (or at least dominated) by the enemy, making it an addition to tactics...

Thoughts?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:20 am 

ES2 in AA3 worked nicely with random supply points throughout the map, not necessarily favoring any one team working to the supply point.

You bunch of fools!
Add me on Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991738203/

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:30 am 

I don't like supply points at all. Why would ammo just lie around. And in case you find a box of magazines, why would you use it? Aren't soldiers prohibited from picking up random ammo because it could have been manipulated?

Dropping nades or chosing extra mags instead of nades sounds like a nice way to customize your soldier and role on the battlefield. I like it.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:32 am 

Trubbleshooter. wrote:
I don't like supply points at all. Why would ammo just lie around. And in case you find a box of magazines, why would you use it? Aren't soldiers prohibited from picking up random ammo because it could have been manipulated?

Dropping nades or chosing extra mags instead of nades sounds like a nice way to customize your soldier and role on the battlefield. I like it.

Good points.

Just thought it was a worthy topic.

What if there was a resupply point at spawn that you had to guard?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:19 pm 

Keebler_750 wrote:
Good points.

Just thought it was a worthy topic.

What if there was a resupply point at spawn that you had to guard?

It would probably create a very unfair scenario where Defense would stay back spamming like crazy.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:26 pm 

That wouldn't help them they didn't try to stop you from taking the OBJ! :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion