Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: recoil question
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:41 pm 

This may have already been asked several time but I'm not sure. In terms of recoil in this game on full auto, how many people would say they are able to completely control it? I was playing and noticed that some people are able to shoot the entire clip but their croshairs are completely still. I thought it was server lag but when I watch everyone else do it, their gun kicks up. I recall that there were double binds being used but I'm not sure if that reduced recoil is in it.

Has anyone else experienced being able to shoot (or see other people shoot) their entire mag without any rise in crosshair?

Post subject: Re: recoil question
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:48 pm 

Spectators have a lower priority than players. What you see, it not always what they see.

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:34 pm 

If I'm above 25% sure recoil is easy, 25 or below and I can't keep a 4 foot shot group.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:48 pm 

I don't by the spectator line. It is not accurate sure, but simple things like recoil show through it. You can't seriously tell me that the game smooths out a persons recoil for viewers. Its one of those things, if the player moves his mouse and looks left or right or up or down, its shown in spectator. Recoil affects these mouse coordinates it would be inherently impossible for the game to 'not show' recoil.

That aside, the scope used affects recoil, even when unsighted. Health greatly affects it. There is also some kind of trick or bug to it I believe. Many times when I'm baring down on someone I have almost no recoil. Other times I can't keep the gun straight yet I'm at 100% health. Some times if I strafe and move forward recoil becomes more controllable. They should probably figure it out and fix it, then reduce recoil some, something definitely isn't right about it.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:26 am 

I have to agree with Josey. You do see recoil (in all manner of forms) when spectating, and in amounts from light to heavy depending on if player being spectated is standing, crouched, or prone. When you see "Zero" recoil on a 20 round burst then click this link to fix it--> https://www.americasarmy.com/contact/abuse

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:15 pm 

Sometimes you see recoil, sometimes you do not. It is not an all or nothing thing. It is a bug. Now if a player is consistently not showing recoil, there is probably an issue. What is more helpful than actually looking at the weapon bounce, is watching the tracers and paintballs coming out.

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:39 pm 

I can normally control the recoil quite well if I'm above 25%, but I wouldn't say the the crosshair never moved.

Contact Me:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089209982/

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:22 pm 

sub 25% is definitely tuff

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:34 pm 

Yes, spectators do have less priority than players so you won't see it perfectly.
Also if you strafe while shooting you won't see it. Strafing also reduces the recoil jump, as well as bursting while going left/crouch which is how i make 75% of my far distance shots while a player is behind an object. who ever has played vs me they'll tell you.

sub 25% is an impossible shot for me, I can't do it. I also use 640dpi with 6 points of sens in windows and 15 sens in game. No mouse accel in windows.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:39 pm 

rokis wrote:
Yes, spectators do have less priority than players so you won't see it perfectly.
Also if you strafe while shooting you won't see it. Strafing also reduces the recoil jump, as well as bursting while going left/crouch which is how i make 75% of my far distance shots while a player is behind an object. who ever has played vs me they'll tell you.

sub 25% is an impossible shot for me, I can't do it. I also use 640dpi with 6 points of sens in windows and 15 sens in game. No mouse accel in windows.

You ever thought about increasing your in-game sensitivity a bit while injured? May make it a bit easier to control.

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion