Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Net-whatever
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:14 pm 

I watched that video too. How do you know which bullet took him down? (Nice kill btw!)

Also, as I recall, the body has to stop moving, so if he was on the stairs.......

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:27 pm 

Grub, thanks for looking at it.

You could be right with it being something that is in connection to cadence actions of the game but in any event, it was largely observable to myself and the team when it happened.

And to add to the data, I still had the ability to move and start thinking about the next maneuver after I shot so on my end and spectators on the team saw that there was more than a *slight gap.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:12 pm 

I wanted to point out something else I've noticed. I played in one of the FRA servers today. The first thing I noticed is my perceived player position seemed different. I had to perform vault actions sooner than normal. When running out the gate(round start) I had to turn sooner, or perform a move sooner than normal or i'd hit the wall. I'm always faster out the gate than other players with low pings. Always getting in front of them, like i push them aside. I noticed that low ping players don't zing around when I try to shoot at them, they seem sluggish. I get complaints that i'm hard to hit. etc..

One of the things I noticed when i'm the low pinger playing against a team that is a majority of high pingers, the opposite is true. They seem to zing around when the strafe. When I shoot at them and they run for cover the always seem to skip across the hall to cover faster than normal. They always seem to have faster reaction time than me, I almost never beat them to the draw. Sometimes its so bad I actually have to predict what they'll do and prefire them in order to get the kill. They always seem to bring me down with ease, usually with the first 3 shots or less.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:37 pm 

JoseyWales wrote:
I wanted to point out something else I've noticed. I played in one of the FRA servers today. The first thing I noticed is my perceived player position seemed different. I had to perform vault actions sooner than normal. When running out the gate(round start) I had to turn sooner, or perform a move sooner than normal or i'd hit the wall. I'm always faster out the gate than other players with low pings. Always getting in front of them, like i push them aside. I noticed that low ping players don't zing around when I try to shoot at them, they seem sluggish. I get complaints that i'm hard to hit. etc..

One of the things I noticed when i'm the low pinger playing against a team that is a majority of high pingers, the opposite is true. They seem to zing around when the strafe. When I shoot at them and they run for cover the always seem to skip across the hall to cover faster than normal. They always seem to have faster reaction time than me, I almost never beat them to the draw. Sometimes its so bad I actually have to predict what they'll do and prefire them in order to get the kill. They always seem to bring me down with ease, usually with the first 3 shots or less.

I approve this message.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:52 pm 

JoseyWales wrote:
If you were willing to try out the RO2 method, I would like to see it in action. I've purchased it just to try it out. I'm hoping to this weekend.

Did you get to try out?
If so, what is your opinion about RO netcode?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:25 pm 

Actually I did Don, I've been playing the game off and on awhile. I'm not really sure yet because the game is soo different from normal fps games. There is so much going on and almost every weapon is bolt action iron sighted. But I can say that I have not encountered any death around corners crap or any warping back after being shot. I'd like to play it more before I can have a good or bad opinion on it.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:22 pm 

It is a different game, that's true. Under every aspect, even the netcode.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:24 pm 

JoseyWales wrote:
Actually I did Don, I've been playing the game off and on awhile. I'm not really sure yet because the game is soo different from normal fps games. There is so much going on and almost every weapon is bolt action iron sighted. But I can say that I have not encountered any death around corners crap or any warping back after being shot. I'd like to play it more before I can have a good or bad opinion on it.

The rubberband effect happen to me on Urban Assault yesterday. I ran up the stairs to the west obj and the enemy was in the door and I knew he was there I shot a little ran back down the stairs on my screen I was safe and then all of a sudden it put me back at the top of the stairs and I was dead. Now this was on the I9 server so it could have been a server issue.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:57 pm 

This happens to me on a daily basis. I'm almost never in a server that doesn't have 200+ pingers playing, probably because I play a lot of official servers. This sort of thing isn't limited to high pings alone though I do see it with low pingers too. Here is a video I got this morning. This dude 'reaper' has 44 avg ping. He warps in front of me at start. This is exactly what happens with high pings, even during play. Try hitting someone doing this! haha...

Dev's, you'll notice the server, date, and time, in the video on scoreboard.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:00 pm 

Same thing happens to me. I thought it was just me or my system.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 185 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next

Board index » America's Army: Proving Grounds » AA:PG General Discussion