Board index » America's Army - General » Intel

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: For the benefit of the new guys (Open Beta Edition)
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:18 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

@excitable, have you participated in a hard core server? You may find it more to your liking. I think many 2002 vets of AA do. I know I'm one of them.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:35 pm 

CPT Carl Reed wrote:
@excitable, have you participated in a hard core server? You may find it more to your liking. I think many 2002 vets of AA do. I know I'm one of them.

sure...add lean capability's, drop these tiny maps.

hell does the army not teach people to peek around corners and minimize contact area?

having to fully expose yourself to enemy's just to spot them is insane.

the game was popular for so many years BECAUSE of the way it played.

this new version is so far from it that it can't even be compared to any prior version.

while i know development has to move forward or the game remains a re-boxed version it also has to retain some similarities that make it unique to that game title.

like the addition of jumping, jumping serves no purpose that i have seen...add vaulting while near objects that can be climbed..

Post Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:54 pm 

vaulting is in the game. Jumping was in AA2, so it's not really an addition but more of reintroducing a feature that once was in the game. Leaning is coming, it's been confirmed.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:41 am 

Why are there so many training maps?
[Dev]Tear wrote:
As the backstory explains, Proving Grounds represents what soldiers might do to prepare for an actual combat deployment.

You and your team are solving tactical problems in an environment (JTC-Griffin) where you can plan and execute a strategies, learn from your mistakes, and live to fight again.

Could you please explain me then why you devs choose to make a choice for a new team
everytime the match has ended?
Once i'm in a team trying to built a stratagy and solving tactical probs (which is hard enough since 75% won't use their mics) then after the match you have to start from scratch building a team again.
In AA3 i stayed in my team with my friends, even if the match had ended. That was fun.
Now i sometimes have to play against my friends although i want to be part of their
team. It is not cool.
Of course you can tell them which team you will choose next round but the teams are
not the same anymore. So here we go again trying to built the strategy over and over again.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:20 am 

Vapor_Trail wrote:
Why are there so many training maps?
[Dev]Tear wrote:
As the backstory explains, Proving Grounds represents what soldiers might do to prepare for an actual combat deployment.

You and your team are solving tactical problems in an environment (JTC-Griffin) where you can plan and execute a strategies, learn from your mistakes, and live to fight again.

Could you please explain me then why you devs choose to make a choice for a new team
Once i'm in a team trying to built a stratagy and solving tactical probs (which is hard enough since 75% won't use their mics) then after the match you have to start from scratch building a team again.
In AA3 i stayed in my team with my friends, even if the match had ended. That was fun.
Now i sometimes have to play against my friends although i want to be part of their
team. It is not cool.
Of course you can tell them which team you will choose next round but the teams are
not the same anymore. So here we go again trying to built the strategy over and over again.

From what I've gathered, restarting the map after each mission, limits the amount of bugs and lag players receive as it "clears" out all the old stuff. I could be wrong tho.

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:58 pm 

Fair enough. If that's the case/reason for restarting the game after every mission
how can the devs say:
"You and your team are solving tactical problems in an environment (JTC-Griffin) where you can plan and execute a strategies, learn from your mistakes, and live to fight again."

Every mission different teammates....you tell me how? (waiting for some good advice here)
Like i said before even if about 75% of the players don't use their microphones.

:wink:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:55 pm 

It's really not that difficult to get on the same side if you are using external comms. Just verbally pick a side when restarting. What our clan has been doing is wait a bit and see if one side gets stacked up and pick the other side. Or if people follow the tags (happens quite a bit actually) switch over to the other side. If the server admins didn't reduce the round start times, you usually have time to switch after picking a team and even loadout.

But, if you are trying to get six or seven people on the same side it won't and shouldn't work. Stacking the team that much is fun for nobody. Plus, it's much funner to play against a few skilled clanmates than steamroll a bunch of nubs. 8-)

Steam --> ℑąƙ
Stats --> ℑąƙ

Quote:
Only because a mod asked nicely.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:03 am 

Vapor_Trail wrote:
Fair enough. If that's the case/reason for restarting the game after every mission
how can the devs say:
"You and your team are solving tactical problems in an environment (JTC-Griffin) where you can plan and execute a strategies, learn from your mistakes, and live to fight again."

Every mission different teammates....you tell me how? (waiting for some good advice here)
Like i said before even if about 75% of the players don't use their microphones.

:wink:

75% of people don't use their mics.
You are not playing with the same guys I am playing.
89% of the people use their mics on servers that I play.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:14 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

I think added a CS style of play with Army ranks and awards is the way to go.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:12 pm 

Good point Vapor_Trail:
Quote:

I agree with you. No matter if mic, or text chat. One tries to arrange a team, communicate tactics or strategies - also a team celebrates kills and wins together.

But the kind of shuffling after every match leads to more lone wolf behaviour, less motivation to revive or guard stranger players and so on (I don't talk of me, but it's what one observes).

You also see that in very long matches, like best of 30 instead of best of 9 lead to better team play and communication since the players are together in one team for a significant longer time.

By the way: I have no problem to switch to the other team after a round or match when I see that the teams are not well balanced or the players of the other team have left.

So I also say: build the teams the same way like at the end of the last match, but encourage the players to balance if necessary. This way all have longer ongoing fun over several matches.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » America's Army - General » Intel