Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - General Discussion

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: CompTest (BDX Competition Map) White Box
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:00 am 

TheBadaBing! wrote:
If its a BDX most of the few UMM servers we have won't use it because most of their maps are 12 v 12 and the suddenly this in the rotation will kick out half the server. Like BC said inner does it fine so there is no problem playing comp in it.... BDX is a waste of time.

I still disagree, Large maps are boring.. thats the whole point of BDX, cut the crap and get to the point (fire fights) not camping spots across the map.

so out of the god knows how many 12v12 maps there are 2 work good for comp.. nice odds.. honestly the only reason these w FLO maps work is because they play small. They force you into areas which creates the action.. other maps, more open just becomes a mess.

Hard to say BDX is a waste of time when the last time stats were checked, BDX was more popular, more played. If anything you can argue FLO maps are a waste of time becuase % wise, it most likely wont be played.

Make them Shadowstep size not Crossfire size.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:01 pm 

=IK=Doba= wrote:
TheBadaBing! wrote:
If its a BDX most of the few UMM servers we have won't use it because most of their maps are 12 v 12 and the suddenly this in the rotation will kick out half the server. Like BC said inner does it fine so there is no problem playing comp in it.... BDX is a waste of time.

I still disagree, Large maps are boring.. thats the whole point of BDX, cut the crap and get to the point (fire fights) not camping spots across the map.

Hard to say BDX is a waste of time when the last time stats were checked, BDX was more popular, more played. If anything you can argue FLO maps are a waste of time becuase % wise, it most likely wont be played.

i typed out a big reply but my session timed out and its gone grrrr.

Not typing it again so....

It should be FLO setting but not large map FLO size.

You play BDX maps because they're better for matches then most of the current FLO maps but its the best of what you have not the best of what you can have. Thats the idea of making this map. There is a size we should be aiming for that is between BDX and FLO that hits the sweet spot along side that layout which would make the map good for matches and public. That is what we should be aiming for. The size i am talking about is similar to my "compound" map in this forum. No one is asking for massive maps if you read my posts you will see i hate them.

=IK=Doba= wrote:
so out of the god knows how many 12v12 maps there are 2 work good for comp.. nice odds.. honestly the only reason these w FLO maps work is because they play small. They force you into areas which creates the action.. other maps, more open just becomes a mess.

You should expect that when trying to make an uncompetitive game competitive. Its more to do with the maps themselves than the 12v12 stigma. With the right layout and size a good map can play both like inner.

=IK=Doba= wrote:

I use CoD4 all the time as an example because i played it instead of AA. Look at Crash that size of map i think would be perfect for this game....

"C4" gametype with 2 bombsites. 1 close to defence spawn and the other in a 50/50 location in the second floor of the house. Has 14 buildings in the map but only 6 of them you can enter.

3 main routes across the map.

More detailed basic routes

This is the general area defence has. Compare that to the campy defence on the BDX maps it makes much more interesting play with more combinations of defence tactics.

FLO Inner Hospital C4 Updated
Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:17 pm 

Every CS map is designed and balanced for 5v5 competition. For casual play, they just double the number of available spawns.

I'm suggesting a similar approach here for the FLO designation. Build a good 5v5 map and let casual play just have more people.

It means casual games can play out faster, force engagements more quickly, have more scoring opportunities, make frustrating flanks more rare, etc. It's all good for a satisfying casual experience.

It's not a compromise on the level design at all. I'm totally behind Bada on this.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:28 pm 

BCPull wrote:
I'm totally behind Bada on this.

Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:05 am 

I laughed out loud at work, thank you

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:09 pm 

That is a great example Bada, doesn't qualify in my mind as a large map though, 2 buildings separate the North from South part of town.. From the over view it looks perfect.

Been playing some CS lately and I really like the way the maps flow.. we need more of that

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:57 pm 

I'd say Crash's about the size of Intercept. No?

Post subject: Re: Discussion: Competition Maps.
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:09 pm 

I changed the Topic Title so others can chime in, and not to be confused by map title.

Maybe Mod can move this to General Discussion?

Thanks.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:25 pm 

Are you not making the map anymore?!?!?!?1

Industry Updated
M24 Target Range Updated

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:59 pm 

TheBadaBing! wrote:
Are you not making the map anymore?!?!?!?1

Of course I am! Great stuff here, gathering lots of information. :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » America's Army - Mission Editor » Mission Editor - General Discussion